Who's going Solihull

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RomfordDagger91

That was disgusting. No fight no pride no bottle same story all season. We ain’t going no where under this clown. Hopefully the yanks pull their head out of the sand. Because we all know the least ambitious MD in football will be delighted with an 8th place finish next season.
stanton101

RomfordDagger91 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:56 am That was disgusting. No fight no pride no bottle same story all season. We ain’t going no where under this clown. Hopefully the yanks pull their head out of the sand. Because we all know the least ambitious MD in football will be delighted with an 8th place finish next season.
I agree about the clown in charge. Poor recruitment, clueless as in playing players in their right positions and even worse as to trying to change a game when we're drawing or in yesterday's instance behind. No plan B and not much of a plan A.
Regarding those players, they are what they are I'm afraid, very limited. They'll huff and puff for 90 minutes, but that's about it. Solihull had some skilful players yesterday, players that can change matches, we have no one. I can't include Balanta as he's quite happy keeping BUPA in business. Every player he recruits is a like for like of what we have already, nothing regarding bringing in something different to add a change of style.
For the life of me I can't understand why Joey Jones was let go and replaced by Comley! Jones was no Pirlo but at our level he could on his day, change a game ffs!
Hare brought in for Ling, same thing!
As for Will Wright, I'm truly staggered as to what his position is, he's no right back, no centre half either, so you would think centre midfield, yet he's not there either.
And yet like you say the MD seems happy with this continual failure.
It is truly baffling on so many fronts.
Kevin

stanton101 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:11 pm I agree about the clown in charge. Poor recruitment, clueless as in playing players in their right positions and even worse as to trying to change a game when we're drawing or in yesterday's instance behind. No plan B and not much of a plan A.
Regarding those players, they are what they are I'm afraid, very limited. They'll huff and puff for 90 minutes, but that's about it.
This is my main gripe with both Daryl McMahon & Steve Thompson - the players we have signed are bang average.

Not physically up to it, weak mentally & if they have technical ability, it seems to remain hidden on training ground.

None of these shower are a patch on even those half-decent squads of the past - let alone those we had during more successful times. :huh:
Dag82

Another absolute BS about McMahon is that he is "making progress" with moving the team forward.

We have won 3/17 against the current top 10, and one of them wins was opening day of the season, and other 2 were before xmas !!.

So, if progress is that we can fairly reguarly get the better of bottom half teams, then yeah great he is doing brilliant.

The fact is that he is proven to have no clue how to win the big games, no clue, most of those games were not even close !!.

Insane decision to give him a new contract 5 minutes into the new season.
stanton101

Dag82 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:05 pm Another absolute BS about McMahon is that he is "making progress" with moving the team forward.

We have won 3/17 against the current top 10, and one of them wins was opening day of the season, and other 2 were before xmas !!.

So, if progress is that we can fairly reguarly get the better of bottom half teams, then yeah great he is doing brilliant.

The fact is that he is proven to have no clue how to win the big games, no clue, most of those games were not even close !!.

Insane decision to give him a new contract 5 minutes into the new season.
Agreed.
Should never have been given a contract so soon in to the season.
Absolute madness how we stumble from one inept manager to another.
I'm just amazed how the yanks who are obviously good business people have let it continue.
I'm not one for people getting the chop, but in any other walk of life if you continually get things wrong, you're out the door.
This wouldn't happen in the States, they normally don't tolerate coming 2nd best, let alone 7th.