Who's going Solihull

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Danamite

So how many of us Daggers fans will be making the trip for the last away game of the season ?
Dagdale

I should imagine quite a portion of us, not only are we amazingly 'still in it' but technically our last away game beano and that alone is always one that pulls you in. Always had time for the Moors fans too after several visits, and from the look of recent photo's their ground looks slightly different than before, also Solihull town centre is a fairly great network of boozers with the added bonus of getting up there early to wish Torquay United all the best at giving Chesterfield a thrashing which would be nice from 12.30. to warm us up at 3?
Sagres

Tickets booked for Solihull, lets take it to the final game COYD
redboy

Torquay have done us a huge favour.

No excuses today boys, its back in our hands. The fact Solihull are on fire atm don't matter. #COYD
Kevin

Indeed..

Commentary on Mixlr this afternoon https://mixlr.com/dagenhamandredbridgefc/

C'mon you Daggers..!!
RM1Dagger

Bottling it again on our big day
Now the SE27 Dagger
Lcbdagger

RM1Dagger wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 3:23 pm Bottling it again on our big day
Utter shambles against ten men
Auntie Merge

Lcbdagger wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 3:53 pm
RM1Dagger wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 3:23 pm Bottling it again on our big day
Utter shambles against ten men
Wayne Burnett school of football management that - losing against 10 men.
stanton101

Just got back, some ugly scenes at the end between fans and players.
I think the players took it out of context as the anger was directed at McMahon who thought better than to come over at the end and kept his distance.
As for the match it was over when the 3rd went in after yet another defending horror show.
I can't really fault the 2nd half display from the team as we gave it a real go hitting the bar and the post.
But McMahon's inability to see that Solihull were bossing the show down our right hand side in the first half is truly remarkable, the crosses kept coming in and yet nothing was done. The fans could see it, but McMahon either refused to change or was clueless as to what to do. I suspect it was the latter.
I have to admit i had an empty feeling coming away from Solihull, sadly it's been that way for quite some time season.
Diggerthedog

Dreadful yet again against a better side, we just can’t compete against these sides and that’s the managers fault. Wrexham will hammer us next week if they have to win the league to get a result. 13 points from an available 51 against the other 9 in the top 10, abysmal.
DaggerJoel11

This hapless bunch of bottlers were frankly undeservedly presented with another last-chance-saloon opportunity by pure virtue of Chesterfield's freefalling descent...yet to absolutely nobody's surprise were given a lesson by a competent team inside the top seven. All the red card did was prevent a hammering but even with a numerical advantage we could only draw 1-1.

McMahon will harp on about missed chances and our second half 'domination' (in reality consisting of them naturally sitting back, content to let us have possession because we weren't going to do much with it) but ultimately we've buckled at the big moment yet again.
Last edited by DaggerJoel11 on Sun May 08, 2022 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Auntie Merge

I think the worst thing about all of this, is our league position flatters McMahon and those who have the powers to make decisions will think we were just unlucky.
stanton101

Make no mistake if they'd have had 11 on the pitch this would have been a far worse hiding than the 3-1 scoreline suggests. As Joel rightly points out they were content to let us fart around with the ball knowing full well we were never going to produce any end product. It truly beggars belief that after his reign in charge McMahon is still clueless as to what his best side is and is doubly clueless as to where those players are best placed.
DaggerJoel11

Yesterday was the perfect contrast in managers for me. Look at where Solihull are after a year under Neal Ardley. We've made nowhere near the same progress with a bigger budget in over double that time.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagdale

Hard day to get to grips with what shone through in the end yesterday, credit where its due Solihull Moors are sitting where they are because they have quality and losing just 7 games all season says it all, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who pegged up for Ardley when we were in tatters. Last week we had Omar blighting our campaign yesterday Callum Howe an awesome performance. Before kick off and not for the first time it was in our court no better tonic and so grateful to Torquay, we melted badly first half that was not professional enough and awful calamity second goal and playing against ten men for an hour game was lost to soon, some fans were moving out half time a total let down, sometimes it gets beyond you?