Wrexham (H) Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

We've reached the final day of the season, where only an unlikely combination of results will secure our play-off ambitions.

Much like ourselves albeit for very different reasons, opponents Wrexham are left needing a victory themselves while hoping the team directly above them suffers defeat.

They'll likely be backed by over 2000 at Victoria Road...let's hope history repeats itself and we deny them again like last season.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

Today will show how they cope under real pressure, but the way they dismantled Stockport last week I can't see anyone but Wrexham winning the playoffs if they do finish second. Personally see both the top two winning today but our season ultimately isn't going to be determined by this result.

In a way I'm hoping we don't get a result of some kind but still stay 8th by a point or two as it will highlight just how much we corrupted the dreadful Kings Lynn result when they were dead and buried at the bottom however they did against us
stanton101

So nice to see Balanta on the subs bench helping us out in our hour of need.
What a man.
redboy

Just read Peter Freund's statement. How deluded is he or does he just have money to burn. It's a miracle we have an outside chance of the play offs today. I'll never criticise him for his investment, but FFS get a decent manager, get a board that know what they are doing. However as stated, next year we still have Coco McMahon so lets look forward to another season of bottling it, playing for 0-0 draws at home and letting down our loyal fans.
SUSSEX DAGGER

We started the season with a magnificent result against the newly crowned champions.

We finish it with an equally impressive performance against a big spending team who finished 2nd. In both the games we have played against them we have looked far the better side

We finish the season as the Leagues top 4th scorerers so I can not accept the Manager claim that we dipped out of the play offs cos we did not convert the many chances we created in recent games.

We have failed because we could not defend , that said a bit more of what we showed today and we would in my opinion gone straight to the semis.

No good crying over spilt milk . We were magnificent today on my opinion and we are going to have a good season next year if we can sort the acheiles heel out .

Hope everybody has a great Summer and looking forward to doing it all again starting in ten weeks
Dagdale

That's been an incredible day, our lads were awesome and thoroughly deserved the glory. a splendid finale to the season, I know what could have been and a lot more but day's like today makes us so proud to be a dagger, we keep the bulk of our squad and a couple of additions in the summer, an added tonic of keeping more consistent we should hit the top long term. All the team played their hearts out full marks but Brandon Comley's display today was just that extra bit special! Really don't know a Wrexham fan who could have walked out of the Vic saying we didn't deserve that, well done boys!
Chalky69

Dagdale, totally agree. The best game I’ve seen for seasons and begs the question, what might have been if……
But why were we so motivated? Who we were playing? Our chance of getting in the playoffs? The manager? The crowd. Perhaps we will never know But we do know that if we had produced that form even in the last couple of weeks we would have safely in the playoffs.
Bodes well for next season.
NBDag

Really was such a good performance from the off. It feels like everyone was on the top of their game and picking a man of the match was such a difficult task. But for me it had to be Comley, he was everywhere today. I hope that wasn’t just because he may be playing for a contract next season?

I think yesterday was a great summary of McMahon’s time at the club so far. The fact is that on our day we are unplayable, we do have great talent in the squad and our system can get the best out of them. However despite playing that well, we didn’t get into the playoffs as we are nowhere near consistent enough. Daryl really needs to work out over the summer what is causing our inconsistency, and if he can’t fix that then he is not going to be the manager that achieves our owners’ ambitions.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Not the first time Chalky Nbdag . Dagdale will not contradict me if I said we were probably even better in the away game . Absolutely tore them a new one second half up there and how we lost that game really does begger belief .

When you look at some of our performances it really is a head scratcher to work out how we lost or even failed to win some of the games we did..
Dagdale

From match one and after a sticky start ,how our lads destroyed Stockport on their own turf so comfortably in the end and certainly the following games knew we had a fairly strong foundation of a good up and coming side, certainly right mate how we walked out of the Racecourse with zero points a hard one to chew on game 7. A great bounce back with the Moors seemed to masquerade a fault line slowly appearing, perhaps well documented our defence? Other than tanning Southend superbly October and a fair slice of November we flopped awfully especially homes to Yeovil Town and Eastleigh and with some less desirable sides latter part of December we pulled it up perhaps some saying still covering the cracks? When we done the shrimpers so splendidly certainly with two months left didn't we all believe were take it to a stronger push now and make it especially such great results in April bar the Linnets game and look at that 2 points missed from it now! So many ifs I know and if were honest we had some very enjoyable days home or away and 8th spot gives us future hope, a big highlight I really believe was we bought in at last a guy like Junior Morias running at defenders, slipping them and how lovely to see a guy at last with us who knows how to smash it in and get's the job done, sure good things will come with him and Paul McCallum next season!
VIEW FROM THE STAND

Dagdale wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:39 am sure good things will come with him and Paul McCallum next season!
Depends on which Paul McCallum turns up on game day.
The one that's up for it or the one that's not too bothered.
Saw both types last season.
"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"
Lcbdagger

Always easy to 'what if' but can't help thinking the point we needed was there if Manny comes straight in to the side after we signed him... its not hindsight to say everyone, all season saw we would score enough goals to go up but let in too many at the same time
steeevooo

Likewise the Boreham Wood game at home - Daryl said that he didn't want to change anything as it was a close game.... it was only close because we had been dragged down to playing at Boreham Woods dreadful level as opposed to them elevating up to a decent standard. Make a change or two, win that game (instead of settling for the borefest nil nil) and lo and behold we are in the playoffs now.
RM1Dagger

Lcbdagger wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:00 pm Always easy to 'what if' but can't help thinking the point we needed was there if Manny comes straight in to the side after we signed him... its not hindsight to say everyone, all season saw we would score enough goals to go up but let in too many at the same time
Not we've seen the same Manny though, he was okay on Sunday but up to then I think he's made more errors on his return than he did in his entire first spell.
Now the SE27 Dagger