Squad for 22/23

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EssexDagger!

Sorry for being Lazy and not searching back through for the post with the list of player’s contracts who are up this summer?

Does anybody have the list to hand?

Many thanks in advance.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:49 pm Posted this a few weeks ago:
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:34 pm So the usually pretty reliable (I think?) transfermarkt has these guys under contract for next year :

Vilhete
McCallum
Robinson
Hare
Walker
Balanta
Johnson
Justham
Morias

Anyone got any ideas for next year except 'sign some good centre backs' ? Do you think we should persist with the 3 at the back ? Kinda think we've got the bare bones of a decent side, need to find a way of hashing out some more wins.
RayleighDagger1986

Add Manny to that list
len

Hopefully we will also try to keep, Sagaf, Wright, Comley and Weston as well.
daggersjeff

I do feel we need a half-decent back up keeper, maybe an up and coming youngster from the Prem?
Diggerthedog

daggersjeff wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:44 am I do feel we need a half-decent back up keeper, maybe an up and coming youngster from the Prem?
We’ve got one in Josh S, had a superb season at Harrow Borough kept tons of clean sheets and helped them reach FA Cup first round, no need to get a probably more expensive keeper with less experience in for me.
Mark

This is what I've got

Under contract: Vilhete, McCallum, Robinson, Hare, Walker, Balanta, Johnson, Justham, Morias, Onariase, Janneh, Scott

Out of contract: Reynolds, Zouma, Wright, Comley, Rance, Phipps, Weston, Saunders, Wilson, Akanbi, Jones, McQueen, Clark, Sagaf (1 year option)

Unknown: Ling, Strizovic

Apprentices: Blair, Lawlor, Nkwonta, Obi, Lawson (presume these were all 2-year apprenticeships but not confirmed)

I hope we are able to keep Comley, Sagaf and Weston but I fear at least one of those will go.

I think we need at least 2 good centre backs, It's been mentioned on here before that Wright is likely to leave, which may suit both parties - he is a good footballer but I think we need better defenders to get out of this league. Then we need 1, probably 2, as cover. I can't see Zouma staying, and I'd probably let Reynolds go - he's had a handful of great games but I don't think he's consistent or physical enough really.

Also think we need what I'd call a 'proper' wing back. Weston and Vilhete are basically wingers who don't defend very well, and Hare is a defender who is limited going forward. The top teams seem to have more balanced players in these positions.

In midfield I think we need to be looking at a better defensive player. Rance for me is too limited, although I expect McMahon to keep him.
Diggerthedog

Let’s hope we’re not waiting until the 18th June like last year to find out whose staying! Most clubs already started announcements.
Markinfront

I feel the list of 10 or so names listed above are a good start. If we can add 6-8 that are at that level of from League 2 if the budget allows. It’s clear from what we saw and the stats that going forward we are decent. So it’s pretty clear when improvements are needed. The northern sides that dominated the league have a strong physical presence that goes them the foundation to get clean sheets. We are too soft at the back, we don’t need ball players there to get out of this league. I’d also target a attacking midfielder, and a quality holding player, despite one good game on Sunday for me that’s not Rance Comley or Sagaf. Aaron Blair will be a great option next season, this lad can play. We now sit and wait to see if it’s better than last year or the raft of average plays from about three local clubs…
Markinfront

I feel the list of 10 or so names listed above are a good start. If we can add 6-8 that are at that level or from League 2 if the budget allows. It’s clear from what we saw and the stats that going forward we are decent. So it’s pretty clear where improvements are needed. The northern sides that dominated the league have a strong physical presence that gives them the foundation to get clean sheets. We are too soft at the back, we don’t need ball players back there to get out of this league. I’d also target an attacking midfielder, and a quality holding player, despite one good game on Sunday for me that’s not Rance Comley or Sagaf. Aaron Blair will be a great option next season, this lad can play. We now sit and wait to see if it’s better recruitment than last year or the raft of average plays from about three local clubs…
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mark wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:51 pm This is what I've got

Under contract: Vilhete, McCallum, Robinson, Hare, Walker, Balanta, Johnson, Justham, Morias, Onariase, Janneh, Scott

Out of contract: Reynolds, Zouma, Wright, Comley, Rance, Phipps, Weston, Saunders, Wilson, Akanbi, Jones, McQueen, Clark, Sagaf (1 year option)

Unknown: Ling, Strizovic

Apprentices: Blair, Lawlor, Nkwonta, Obi, Lawson (presume these were all 2-year apprenticeships but not confirmed)

I hope we are able to keep Comley, Sagaf and Weston but I fear at least one of those will go.

I think we need at least 2 good centre backs, It's been mentioned on here before that Wright is likely to leave, which may suit both parties - he is a good footballer but I think we need better defenders to get out of this league. Then we need 1, probably 2, as cover. I can't see Zouma staying, and I'd probably let Reynolds go - he's had a handful of great games but I don't think he's consistent or physical enough really.

Also think we need what I'd call a 'proper' wing back. Weston and Vilhete are basically wingers who don't defend very well, and Hare is a defender who is limited going forward. The top teams seem to have more balanced players in these positions.

In midfield I think we need to be looking at a better defensive player. Rance for me is too limited, although I expect McMahon to keep him.
Surely we will try to resign Saunders after all the hype that I have been promised last two seasons.

Always thought that Sagaff waa a must but after Sunday you got to say Rance and Comley have to be on tye list.

Will Wright will probably want far more then what we paid to him last two seasons Bearing in mind we initially let him go don't imagine his a big earner at present.

Out of the others out of contract don't think there is any I would keep.
Mark

Harsh as it is I'd let Saunders go. He's 24 next week so not a promising young kid, he wasn't pulling up any trees and now he's had a very serious injury. I hope we do the right thing and help with his rehab but I don't think it's going to happen for him here.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:36 pm Let’s hope we’re not waiting until the 18th June like last year to find out whose staying! Most clubs already started announcements.
Don’t hold your breath.
DaggerJoel11

Mark wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:59 am Harsh as it is I'd let Saunders go. He's 24 next week so not a promising young kid, he wasn't pulling up any trees and now he's had a very serious injury. I hope we do the right thing and help with his rehab but I don't think it's going to happen for him here.
I don't think he's come near to fulfilling the hype of Hornchurch's manager describing his signing as us 'winning the lottery' albeit has always encountered lots of competition in a position where, being a natural winger not wing-back, he's been shoehorned whenever played. That said, the injury came at a time where he was probably producing his best football for us. Weymouth away sticks out as an occasion where his introduction completely changed the game.

However it's unlikely he ever nails down a regular starting berth here let alone evolves into one of the best players in non league football as was hoped.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

Mark wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:59 am Harsh as it is I'd let Saunders go. He's 24 next week so not a promising young kid, he wasn't pulling up any trees and now he's had a very serious injury. I hope we do the right thing and help with his rehab but I don't think it's going to happen for him here.
Really decent player but, irrespective of the injury I don't see him having a career in a team playing 342 or 352... not a natural defensive wide player and certainly not a centre forward with 20 goals in him.

Can thrive, if fit in a team with proper wingers