Play Offs

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

I wasn't expecting us to top the league anyway, but a play-off should be the target.
Diggerthedog

Solihull v Grimsby final it is then, can’t see past Solihull by far best team I saw bar Stockport.

Wonder how them Notts County fans feel with Ardley making a final.
Dagdale

Two finalists? Really hard one to pull apart, Solihull Moors what an amazing season with only 7 defeats and that alone should have crowned them three weeks back, but with a late fling how well have Grimsby Town played recently and if they pull it off at Stratford next Sunday that's three really tough away play off games won and that deserves full credit to reaching the Holy Grail! Anything to go by the last week or so we could be in for a great final and that could bring in quite a few neutrals making the numbers up in the OS? Also begs the question how in what we've seen succumb to play off defeats this last week how hard is it going to be next season with many of those sides still sitting in it?
RM1Dagger

Genuinely tough to call as Grimsby undoubtedly have great momentum which might carry them all the way but I can't help but think 240 minutes of pretty intense football might just catch up with them.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Lcbdagger

Fair play to Grimsby over the weekend... fought brilliantly to beat Wrexham... Fascinated to see how the Welsh money bags come back next season after losing the Trophy Final the same week too.

Will almost certainly be a close final but can't possibly look past Solihull after their game against Chesterfield... even went behind but looked super strong and grew in the game even more after going ahead.
stanton101

All the more gauling when you consider we thrashed Solihull 5-1 at home.
Lcbdagger

stanton101 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:49 pm All the more gauling when you consider we thrashed Solihull 5-1 at home.
Has been all about consistency since Christmas rather than quality... If it was just on the best team/ squad I think Wrexham win the league but Stockport kept a run going while ahead.

Solihull were too consistent over the last 20 to 25 games of the season and we let too many silly points go... One win out of the Home games at the end against Boreham Wood, Kings Lynn or Torquay would have got us in the Playoffs, yet we drew two of them 0-0 even though we were scoring goals for fun at the time.
RM1Dagger

I'd forgotten Grimsby went up via this route in 2016 when they beat FGR with the same manager, so that experience might tell.
Now the SE27 Dagger