Callum Reynolds

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Blue Hoops

I note ‘Mr Average’ has left to join Bromley. Good luck to him. We need far bigger, stronger defenders than him in the team. Seen him stand of watch the opposition players head goals from set-plays while he stands and watches. At least it’s another player we will know the weakness when we play them. Come on McMahon bring on something better !
Mark

Difficult to know how he's going to improve them tbh. He's probably not physically imposing enough to play in the middle and not quick or astute enough to play on the right of a 3. He's a decent defender and a good footballer but not sure where he fits.
NBDag

Would have had him as a squad player next year, but I don’t think it’s a massive loss for us. Shocked that Bromley have gone in for him to be honest, given how bad our defence was last year.

Looking more and more likely now that Zouma is going to be a starter for us… Feels like a big gamble to take on a player who has shown he can’t handle pressure for even a few minutes.
Diggerthedog

Think he moved as he lives that way now with his young family and was not a guaranteed starter next season so good luck to him. Hearing a defender is on the way in and Zouma is not due to be a starter. Last season our defence cost us a place in the play offs, glad the manager has eventually seen this and will rectify it, big moment for Daryl to get this right.
Dag82

Good news.,

Same bracket as Wright, nice footballer, CAN'T DEFEND.

That's our two weakest defenders out the door.

Now, let's combine those two wages on one proven quality CB, to play alongside Manny, with
young Zouma as cover.
stanton101

Dag82 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:39 pm Good news.,

Same bracket as Wright, nice footballer, CAN'T DEFEND.

That's our two weakest defenders out the door.

Now, let's combine those two wages on one proven quality CB, to play alongside Manny, with
young Zouma as cover.
Agree 100%
RM1Dagger

NBDag wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:39 am Would have had him as a squad player next year, but I don’t think it’s a massive loss for us. Shocked that Bromley have gone in for him to be honest, given how bad our defence was last year.

Looking more and more likely now that Zouma is going to be a starter for us… Feels like a big gamble to take on a player who has shown he can’t handle pressure for even a few minutes.
Not sure that's fair. Granted, he made a complete rickett against York in his first action since Cat-gate but I'm not sure that was particularly smart management given what he was dealing with.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Lcbdagger

RM1Dagger wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:49 am
NBDag wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:39 am Would have had him as a squad player next year, but I don’t think it’s a massive loss for us. Shocked that Bromley have gone in for him to be honest, given how bad our defence was last year.

Not sure that's fair. Granted, he made a complete rickett against York in his first action since Cat-gate but I'm not sure that was particularly smart management given what he was dealing with.
No fan of Zouma staying with us this season after the last few months... but cannot possibly have a pop at him for York... Should have been nowhere near coming on in the match when he did. Terrible managerial decision