New Signing Pending

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

...later this afternoon as per a teaser the club have just posted on Twitter
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
AVincelotFlyingLeap

An actual defender !
RomfordDagger91

Hard to get excited by this one. Wealdstone fans saying he’s injury prone if you can keep him fit you’ve got a decent player. We have the worst medical department in the country. Can’t wait for a knock to keep him out for 3-5 months.
Lcbdagger

We did alright the last time we had a versatile South African born Defender in the team... Obvious concern about the injury record as we saw with Josh Walker last season after a bright start. We aren't great for keeping injury prone players fit
Diggerthedog

Love signing an injury prone player, could eventually cost two wages via a mid season signing if he don’t stay fit, although he might not be a starter so let’s see who else comes in.
Blue Hoops

Looks like a gamble signing, particularly with a history of injuries. Without doubt not experienced enough for what we should be looking for if we want to compete at the top of the table. Young rookies are for back-ups, not for a fit in the middle spine of the team. Also l note Comley has gone to Walsall, one of the main reasons we rallied at the end of the season.

I do really hope that McMahon has something a lot better lined up
Danamite

Blue Hoops wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:24 pm Looks like a gamble signing, particularly with a history of injuries. Without doubt not experienced enough for what we should be looking for if we want to compete at the top of the table. Young rookies are for back-ups, not for a fit in the middle spine of the team. Also l note Comley has gone to Walsall, one of the main reasons we rallied at the end of the season.

I do really hope that McMahon has something a lot better lined up
I very much doubt that.
Kevin

I'll probably wait until I've seen the lad actually play, before making my mind up :grin:

He's 6'2 , 23 years old, looks the right size for a centre-half & says he likes one-to-one defending - hope he makes a good impact.
RM1Dagger

Yep agree with that Kevin, too much negativity about the lad already and he's barely through the door. Injury prone maybe but hopefully he can put that behind him, and the consensus is he's a decent player.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Negative or realistic when it comes to rehabilitation of players? This lad sounds superb and full will give him a chance but his injuries have defined his career, hopefully it’s a turning point and the full time training helps him along from the twice a week he had at the raiders.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:55 pm Negative or realistic when it comes to rehabilitation of players? This lad sounds superb and full will give him a chance but his injuries have defined his career, hopefully it’s a turning point and the full time training helps him along from the twice a week he had at the raiders.
That is a HUGE difference I would think. That is at least double the attention and treatments and maybe more.

Is anyone privy to the level of treatment the two clubs can provide? There is certainly different levels of care that can be offered for athletic injury recovery.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Lcbdagger

Kevin wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:48 pm I'll probably wait until I've seen the lad actually play, before making my mind up :grin:

He's 6'2 , 23 years old, looks the right size for a centre-half & says he likes one-to-one defending - hope he makes a good impact.
Positive words from him but I swap the one on one defending for "loves to header a ball away from a set piece" :thumbu: :lol:
Diggerthedog

That our business done then :beg:
Blue Hoops

Yes, still waiting for Mr McMahon’s staggering array of summer signings, while other clubs in our league our boast of anything up to 6-7 new players we have potentially one lame duck. With last season’s contracts now expired, l was rather hoping (falsely obviously) of plenty of news today