Signed ball finally home after a few months wait

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

My sister is visiting for my oldest daughter's wedding on Saturday. She brought gifts including the signed ball from the entire team from last October.

I think she grabbed this ball and a team shirt right before my surgery. She sent the shirt earlier as that is what I wore home from the hospital (I wore more than the shirt, but the shirt was part of what I wore home that day. I think I wore something from each of my three daughters, wife, mother and sister.) but only was able to get the football here with her luggage.

She dropped by Victoria Road last fall by chance on the day the owner was at the stadium with some fans from the US. She mentioned me to the owner as being a fan from the US and he took care of the ball signing on his own as a gift.

Posting two pics from my Google Drive. Hopefully they come through.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L3MXbc ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BJWFEZ ... sp=sharing

My sister spoiled me as she also brought over a really nice edition of Lord of the Rings, a book on Tolkien's artwork and a signed copy of Ranking Roger's autobiography and a signed copy of his last album before he passed away. A very English set of gifts.

(On a side note I got Covid last week and my wife purchased some decongestant. The medicine was made in England. I found that odd, as the country of origin was England and not Great Britain or the United Kingdom) I have had three vaccines for Covid-19 so I thought it was nothing more than seasonal allergies so the vaccines worked in making my case very mild compared to some that have some of my same co-morbidities.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Chigwellian

I enjoy reading your posts đź‘Ť
McLeansvilleAppFan

I am still a football idiot but I try to post a few things here like I have intelligence of the sport.

The wedding went very well. The newlyweds introduced themselves after the ceremony wearing football jersey tops from the college they both attended, though that is gridiron American football. Three of the 4 parents also went to the same college so we all liked that as well.

I plan to retire in two years and no later then three so hopefully I can meet many of you in person and fly over during the season.
McLeansvilleAppFan

I am still a football idiot but I try to post a few things here like I have intelligence of the sport.

The wedding went very well. The newlyweds introduced themselves after the ceremony wearing football jersey tops from the college they both attended, though that is gridiron American football. Three of the 4 parents also went to the same college so we all liked that as well.

I plan to retire in two years and no later then three so hopefully I can meet many of you in person and fly over during the season.

And thanks for the kind words, though I am not sure you should encourage me. :lol:
rebeldagger

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: ↑Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:23 pm I am still a football idiot but I try to post a few things here like I have intelligence of the sport.

And thanks for the kind words, though I am not sure you should encourage me. :lol:

Good to hear your sister sorted you out with a few personal gifts from the club!

And don't be so hard on yourself, sure half the officials at the matches act like they don't know any better!
McLeansvilleAppFan

Incompetent officials is what unites us the world over.
McLeansvilleAppFan

And my sister made it back to Dagenham so there is that as well. Only had a 1 hour delay leaving New York City due to weather and storms up and down the east coast.