New Manager

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

Pablo wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:37 pm Sad fella that I am I've looked through the archives on this forum and went back to Jan 3rd 2020 and overwhelmingly McMahon was supported. Here are some verbatim quotes - 'Over the moon with Daryl' - 'Well done the Board - praise where praise is due' - 'The most forward thinking manager since Gary Hill' - 'Really super appointment' and I could go on. Check it out yourselves. Some of the comments are attributable to those most critical of the Board now.

As I said a re- writing of history.
Not sure what this is meant to prove… You were once happy with this so even though it’s not working out you should take it and be happy?? That’s a good idea for how to run a football club, isn’t it?

I don’t think anyone here has said that they never were pleased McMahon. At the time he really was one of the stand out candidates next to Garrard, especially given how easy/cheap he would have been for us to get from Macclesfield. We wanted a young manager that would play football and that’s what we got. But that has nothing to do with the reality of the situation we are in almost 3 years later and the lack of success we have seen under DM.

Everyone/most are just now saying that he has proved himself to be a failure and needs to be replaced. Nothing wrong with fans admitting that the wrong man was hired. Although it’s a real shame that the owners can’t even realise it almost a year after we all did.
Diggerthedog

Top post and the exact reason Thompson needs to be got rid off, burying his head in the sand as per usual when things don’t work out he doesn’t like to admit he got it wrong with the contract extension for McMahon. Far too early to chuck a contract at him after half a dozen games last season.l so we’re stuck with him.

We’ve played some decent stuff under McMahon but he’s fallen short off the objective, He’s completely lost most of the fans and now the players. There’s no return from this point, it’s like watching your old dog on its last legs and the vet telling you to do the best thing but you don’t.
Dag82

Pablo, may I offer you some suggested reading..... Try the thread entitled "time for daryl to go", it will help you to fill in the gap since 3rd January 2020.

Of course the fanbase welcomed & were postive towards McMahon on DAY ONE in the Job, but there is a lot of water under the bridge since then !!.

My original point was that you said the majority of us wanted McMahon over (potentially) Garrard, which is just not true.
Corinthian

Tuesday 4 October 2022 and there is no vacancy for the manager job. If and when there is I might add my two penny worth. Until then I will support the team and the manager. The toughest of matches tonight which may well be the tipping point. I hope we get a positive result .