York City (A) caviling here please

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Well I am certainly beginning to expand my vocabulary this season with all the synonyms for complaints. Maybe I can change over to positive words at some point this season.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
ARNU

Although I'd have happily took the draw before kickoff you just knew we wouldnt' be able to defend the lead after the 85th minute anyway. Same as the Southend game. I guess we should be happy.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Piss poor 1 clean sheet in 14 games, absolutely pathetic with our budget. It will cost us play offs yet again despite what bollocks the owners or manager say, just not good enough. Tonight is a point closer to is staying up, play offs don’t make me laugh.
SUSSEX DAGGER

In all honesty Arnu we were second best throughout and scored on one of our only two real effort on goal.

Manny Phipps and Ling were magnificent keeping us in the lead for so long , their goal was always coming and they certainly deserved it. Very impressed by York vastly improved from the team that ricked up at our place in the Trophy last season.
stanton101

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:09 am In all honesty Arnu we were second best throughout and scored on one of our only two real effort on goal.

Manny Phipps and Ling were magnificent keeping us in the lead for so long , their goal was always coming and they certainly deserved it. Very impressed by York vastly improved from the team that ricked up at our place in the Trophy last season.
Agreed.
They should have won. The amount of headers that just missed was hearts in the mouth stuff. Their goal was inevitable.
Daryl should have brought on Morias earlier to ease the pressure on the defence who like Sussex said were superb.
Funniest thing was McMahon berating Mussa to cover the middle, that bloke is either injured or is one lazy player.
If he can't be bothered then get shot, we've no room for passengers.
Corinthian

Much respect for the travelling Daggers. Sounds like a tough match so a point well earned. I would hope that it adds to the team’s confidence after an indifferent start to the season and heavy defeats. Still some way to go in terms of consistent performances but I believe we can make the playoffs. COYD
stanton101

Corinthian wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:49 pm Much respect for the travelling Daggers. Sounds like a tough match so a point well earned. I would hope that it adds to the team’s confidence after an indifferent start to the season and heavy defeats. Still some way to go in terms of consistent performances but I believe we can make the playoffs. COYD
One thing I've noticed this season is how much the opposition's midfielders have improved. Each side have at least one, sometimes two ball playing midfielders who can unlock a defence with a bit of skilful quality.
We have very workmanlike midfielders who'll get stuck in and win the ball, but they don't have that touch of quality to quite know what to do with the ball once the graft bit is done. Rance, Robbo and the defence played their hearts out last night and gave everything, but we just needed that touch of class when it mattered.
Perhaps we'll see Balanta in a ten roll sometime in 2024, you never know :smile:
Corinthian

A fit Balanta is a joy to watch and would grace most of the teams in this league. Whether he can get over such a long lay off remains to be seen. I hope so as he is such a talent, is creative and can score goals.
Mark

Balanta might be fine in a team full of mobile players but he doesn't fit what we've got. We have hard workers as has been said, but none of them have any pace.

Sagaf is our best ball player and should always be the most advanced of the midfield for me.

Mussa is incredibly lazy. I cannot fathom why he's here based on what I've seen so far. He moves to walking pace as soon as we lose the ball.

Our midfield balance is all wrong but that's no real surprise as the manager failed to recruit the right blend once again this summer.
Corinthian

I am not so sure about lacking pace we seem to do well counter attacking.We needed to work harder in defending all over the pitch and cut out the errors.An on form Balanta works hard and adds craft and inventiveness around the opposition box. That said it is difficult to see.how he would fit into the team.
DaggerJoel11

Well, my personal opinion is that one of the most undeserved points you'll see in this division all season disguises a really poor performance in which we were submissive from the off.

Even after countering their early dominance with the definition of a smash-and-grab opener, we continued to teeter on a cliff-edge until inevitably conceding late.

Says it all that we're grateful to get anything at all while York, who are probably the best side we've played besides Wrexham and Notts by far, would still be gutted with just a draw having created enough chances to win convincingly let alone at all.

These include a quite incredible phase whereby they had a header cleared at point-blank range, another off the line then struck the bar inside about five seconds. There were countless sitters in the second half too and a more ruthless side could have hit us for six minimum.

BUT, the defending is so much better. We battled resolutely with our backs to the wall, Phipps notably exceptional again. Unfortunately, like Southend, all it takes is for something to fall kindly to them. We were so passive and just waiting to concede so it was always going to happen.

Yes, a good point, but we remain far from compelling.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Corinthian

Just watched the highlights which I understand doesn’t give you the complete picture. York looked very capable side and will cause a few upsets in this Division so let’s credit the opposition . The Daggers were terrific defensively and Justham pulled off some great saves. We had our chances too. It must have been a hard match to watch as an away supporter but a great result to go home with. A backs to the wall game that ends with a positive result can build confidence. I hope not to be proved wrong this Saturday.
Diggerthedog

Corinthian wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:21 pm Just watched the highlights which I understand doesn’t give you the complete picture. York looked very capable side and will cause a few upsets in this Division so let’s credit the opposition . The Daggers were terrific defensively and Justham pulled off some great saves. We had our chances too. It must have been a hard match to watch as an away supporter but a great result to go home with. A backs to the wall game that ends with a positive result can build confidence. I hope not to be proved wrong this Saturday.
Hello Mrs McMahon.
Corinthian

Personal insult. Very clever and so witty.