New Manager

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Pablo

I wouldn't go with Burchnall either. Notts County improved after he left and he left Forest Green rock bottom. I would think the runners and riders are ( and I'm not necessarily saying they should be) Maher/Currie and Strevens. I don't think they'd be anything in it for Garrard. An outsider might be Manning who was an excellent coach at West ham and had a great first season at MK Dons until it went belly up. Like others though I think it might be an idea to leave Gritt/Jupp in charge till the end of the season and see who emerges at the break i.e. take the time to look through the options with a fine tooth comb.
RampantDuke

Burchnall looks like a terrible decision. His managerial record is atrocious. Just like McMahon he seems to have had a couple of reasonable spells at County but no consistency whatsoever. The new manager has to know and understand this league. Garrard comes to us if we a. Offer a better salary and b. Offer a bigger budget than he is getting at Boreham Wood. He needs a new challenge. This is perfect timing. If we want to get out of this league (upwards) then there is only one stand out candidate. This appointment will tell us everything about the ambition of the owners....
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Diggerthedog

Garrard is the modern version of Peter Taylor, clean sheet first and win 1-0 or 2-1, it would be very boring. He knows how to pick a player mind so recruitment wise would get it spot on.

Burchnall did an ok job at Notts but as we can we there are manager that can get teams to the next level.

Either go all out and do what you need to do to secure Cowley or go for the Ebbsfleet manager.

Whilst the owners say they’re wanting play offs I do wonder if their hunger for it has changed a little, we’ve reduced the wage budget already in January and not one player has signed an extension since last summer. Most importantly they’ve not been over here for a very long time, this appointment is massive and I just don’t trust MD useless to get it right.
Dag82

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:09 am Garrard is the modern version of Peter Taylor, clean sheet first and win 1-0 or 2-1, it would be very boring. He knows how to pick a player mind so recruitment wise would get it spot on.

Burchnall did an ok job at Notts but as we can we there are manager that can get teams to the next level.

Either go all out and do what you need to do to secure Cowley or go for the Ebbsfleet manager.

Whilst the owners say they’re wanting play offs I do wonder if their hunger for it has changed a little, we’ve reduced the wage budget already in January and not one player has signed an extension since last summer. Most importantly they’ve not been over here for a very long time, this appointment is massive and I just don’t trust MD useless to get it right.
So you're saying that Garrard knows how to set a team up to defend properly & win games consistenly by 1-0 or 2-1 in the NL, but it will be a bit boring.

Sounds Horrible.
Mick Dagger

Losing is boring.
Mark

Would be very disappointed if it's Garrard.
RayleighDagger1986

If the owners have ambition, they'll have to break the bank, cos some of the names mentioned on here won't come cheap.
RM1Dagger

Need to stop mentioning Cowley/s His career has definitely failed to live up to expectations having somewhat stalled but there is no way he has dropped so far to be managing in the NL unless it was a Wrexham type appointment I suspect..
Now the SE27 Dagger
Mick Dagger

I read today that Oxford United have received 130 applicants for their vacant manager's job.
Auntie Merge

Mick Dagger wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:58 pm I read today that Oxford United have received 130 applicants for their vacant manager's job.
I previously applied for the Daggers managerial vacancy. I’m not currently planning to apply this time as I have other job offers pending.
Dag82

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:12 pm
Mick Dagger wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:58 pm I read today that Oxford United have received 130 applicants for their vacant manager's job.
I previously applied for the Daggers managerial vacancy. I’m not currently planning to apply this time as I have other job offers pending.
Shame Merge, with the calibre of Manager that Thommo is probably targeting,.....you would have easily made the shortlist.
NBDag

This has got to be made up of at least 70% clowns that are making the same tired Football Manager CV joke. There just aren’t that many managers around surely?
hockley dagger

I suspect would have been made by now if Southend hadn't paid HMRC.....
len

Ben Strevens is the new manager. The good thing is it gives him plenty of time to assess what is needed to improve the team before next season. Like any appointment it will not please everyone but let's all support him and see where it takes us.
ARNU

Certainly not overly enthused. Is this really going to get us up? What's Stevens focus for the rest of this season? Try to get in playoffs ? Experiment with what we've got? Doesn't feel like a statement of intent.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !