Well Done Notts But Paul Cook Give Your Head a Wobble

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well done Notts County got there in the end.

How on earth however did the Chesterfield Manager think that when he withdrew his top scorer Joe Quigley was a better option then Paul McCullum.
len

I think you will find that there are many Daggers fans that have been really disappointed with McCallum over the last couple of seasons and not upset that he has gone. Since going to Chesterfield, he has mainly been used as a substitute, so does not seemed to impressed Paul Cook very much either.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

len wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:44 pm I think you will find that there are many Daggers fans that have been really disappointed with McCallum over the last couple of seasons and not upset that he has gone. Since going to Chesterfield, he has mainly been used as a substitute, so does not seemed to impressed Paul Cook very much either.
Dissapointed with him yes but he's not as bad as Joe Quigley
Mark

I'd be surprised if either player was retained by them next season.
dj johnny b

Actually thought Quigley was quite good when he came on.
McCallum may well be past his best days by all accounts.
Mark could be correct.
Blue Hoops

Can’t see McCallum being signed up by Chesterfield next season now, as he realises what a complete waste of space he is. For Quigley to have been put on ahead of him against Notts Co says it all. He has been trading on his past performance for too long now. He must be the laziest, slowest player at this level of football. Let another team waste their money on him
Lcbdagger

Maybe not the guaranteed goals you may want, but he gives another option defensively when you're ahead in the game twice... Quigley is a curious one
RM1Dagger

When you compare overall scoring records PM trumps it of course but I think Quigley is ahead of him on form and PC obviously sees them everyday and thinks the same. Thought Quigley was a handful for our defence in the game a few weeks back.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Blue Hoops

My abiding memory is the glaring miss by Quigley at Halifax when he could have blown the ball into the net, instead he completely missed it. Went on to lose the game 1-0 and at the end of the match Peter Taylor got so much flack from the supporters that l felt so for him. In the end Kenny Clark managed to pull him away from the confrontation.