Friendly: Aveley (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

35 minutes in and Daggers up 1-nil. Goal around 26 minute mark I think.

A stream can be purchased here based on a post from Facebook page for Aveley FC.

http://allsports-event.unlimitidaccess. ... soccer.php
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
McLeansvilleAppFan

2-nil at 78 minute mark.
McLeansvilleAppFan

3-nil at the 79 minute mark.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Final is 3-0.

Someone posted on the Daggers Friends Facebook page about some of the scoring but I am at work and did not have time to rely the information. I am sure there will be a post on the Daggers website.
Danamite

Does anybody no who the trialists were ?
Mark

Lewis Page is the one who scored.
Lcbdagger

Mark wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:55 pm Lewis Page is the one who scored.
Left back? Def a position we could do with an extra body in... not convinced Johnson gets us out of this league. Sounded like a cracking second goal
DaggerJoel11

An afternoon littered with positives, in so far as you can take any from friendlies especially at such an early stage. The performance was very sharp in phases and it was a valuable exercise for the side as every first-teamer bar Mussa, Effiong and Tavares got minutes. The two trialists on show in the second half looked extremely tidy players, while Eastman and Ibie also made a strong impression.

The goals were brilliantly dispatched. Ryan Hill skilfully skipped past his man on the left-hand side and blasted into the far corner off the post to give us a lead preserved through Strizovic's penalty save early in the second half. As it wore on, our stranglehold intensified and Ibie's industrious perseverance following a miss on goal saw him execute a 180 spin before fizzing a cross that Hare arrived well to cannon home. Then came the pick of the bunch, Page picking the ball up then smacking a thunderbolt in from a distance. We played a 5-3-2 throughout:

GK - Justham | Strizovic
LWB - Hill | Page
LCB - Johnson | Phipps
CB - Onariase | Eastman
RCB - Trialist | Longe-King
RWB - Ling | Hare
CM - Trialist
CM - Franz | Terry
CM - Rees | Vincent
LS - Weston | Ibie
RS - Blair
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

Can't say I'd be very happy with a return to wing backs. Only one game so we'll see how it progresses.
len

The big centre half in the first half, who I assume was a trialist, gave away so many fouls because he looked lacking in pace.
Dagman

Lewis Page would seem a good upgrade just based on his time at West Ham.
Also understand that Renny Smith was one of the trialists and he was at Arsenal youth set up and played for clubs in Europe that are higher standard than National League. So could be another good addition.
Looks like Strevs definitely trying to get players to fit his intended style of play rather than a pick and mix.