Dorking (Home)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Must win game for us.

Although with another very windy storm forecast, do we think it will be on?
Auntie Merge

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 19.23.42.png
[attachment=0]
Mark

I'd be shocked if it's off. The rain won't be enough to cause an issue and the wind would have to be up higher than that to cause any damage that could affect the match.
Diggerthedog

Can we call it off I’m enjoying my weekends and Tuesday when we don’t play. Seriously though this is a must win game as is Saturday, losing both would put us right in the mix but win both and we can look to get clear.
Daggerman

We’re only 11 points off of the playoffs AND we have a game in hand, let’s be positive :thumbu:
len

That does sound a lot better than 3 points above the relegation.
NBDag

Must win game and they were terrible in the reverse fixture. Feels like it’s a case of just winning through not being as poor as Dorking, it’s hard to expect any actual quality in our performance tonight.
Auntie Merge

I'm afraid we'll have to win 6-0 tonight without me.
I don't fancy driving home in this wind.
Plus I have a 6pm client appointment so wouldn't get there until late either.

COYD. Win, win win. please.
Diggerthedog

NBDag wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:57 pm Must win game and they were terrible in the reverse fixture. Feels like it’s a case of just winning through not being as poor as Dorking, it’s hard to expect any actual quality in our performance tonight.
They had 8-9 starters missing in the first game hence they were so bad, hearing we have a few injuries ourselves tonight so could be a reverse result.
NBDag

Auntie Merge wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:20 pm I'm afraid we'll have to win 6-0 tonight without me.

Were you giving a lift to 500 other people by any chance? They seem to not be here either
Auntie Merge

NBDag wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:40 pm
Auntie Merge wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:20 pm I'm afraid we'll have to win 6-0 tonight without me.

Were you giving a lift to 500 other people by any chance? They seem to not be here either
I do think the weather - the wind and the cold - is probably a major factor.

Plus for non season ticket holders, January cash is probably short. This month seems to have gone on forever, and I say that as someone with a January birthday.
ARNU

Well what started out as a very frustrating boring spectacle turned into 5 mins of excitement in injury time. I think we deserved to win tbh but we did it the hard way again.
I'm so happy with the win I can't be bothered to moan about the first 85 mins.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RM1Dagger

Man, that was a breathless finish! Was walking out the ground in utter dismay after they scored only to hear a big roar and came running back in. I don't give a hoot that I missed it, just so happy to win.

Not saying we were brill, far from it but we were much the better team. They were always going to get the odd chance with a long throw but I think possibly the worst team I've seen this season. We still managed to do it the hard way. I thought the diminutive No.20 had a decent game for us, always looked to make something happen..
Now the SE27 Dagger
stanton101

Deserved the win, but boy do we do things the hard way. Dominated the first half and should have been at least two up. Second half much the same with Inih giving us the lead, then all of a sudden we sit back and let them play. Cross after cross comes in and yet I can't remember Elliott having to make a save. Out of nowhere they get a penalty in the dying seconds, Elliott saves it, saves the rebound, we don't clear it and it's 1-1!!!
You could feel the whole ground apart from their fans sink with disappointment only to be replaced a minute later from a throw in from Ling, bit of a scramble and Inih's there again to poke the ball in, cue scenes of delirium!
I don't know where the ref got the extra time but I'm not complaining,
Motm I suppose would normally go to the goalscorer, but I'm going for Rees as well, ran himself ragged.
Well done boys and Ben, we needed that
NBDag

Was almost the same old Dagenham there coming to rue countless missed chances. Weirdly I felt like almost everyone was playing well. Even Hess had one of his best games for us, despite the missed chance. Tav struggled massively, penalty or not the striker kept catching him out with those fouls and he should have known better. So glad we fought back and won that. In a way I’m happier we did it the hard way rather than the 2-0 we deserved. The players needed to prove to themselves that they all have the fight in them. Onto Saturday let’s get another win, and we will if we work this hard again.