Interest in Burnett

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Dagdale wrote:Take my word Wayne will turn out a really good manager, every coach out there makes or drops a clanger here and there its always going at this level to be a bit experimental and a learning process, I love his determination to put it right and he will succeed and hopefully with the D & R.
I think the various post match interviews, particularly when he ripped into the team a year ago, and after the Carlisle win, show that he will not be a good manager to be honest unless he gets a level of control over his emotions.

He gets too involved in the day, too high, too low, totally the opposite of John still. How many times has he been sent to the stands? how many times has it been rumoured he has fallen out with one of the players?
ARNU

...and bleating like a baby when maybe only 5 fans actually verbally attacked him for his disastrous streak of defeats.Yeah hes had a bit of stick on line and such but that goes with the territory when you keep losing.His biggest mistake has been his reaction in the Carlisle interview.He should have just acknowledged a good win and thanked the fans for their patience in difficult times.Instead he pretty much c*nted us all off,like we were wrong to have the ump a bit.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Kevin

ARNU wrote:Yeah hes had a bit of stick on line and such but that goes with the territory when you keep losing.
Getting a bit of stick goes with the territory full stop..if someone is of such a sensitive disposition, then perhaps Football Management isn't for them.

It's a tough old gig - but it's certainly better than 99.99% of jobs out in the real world.
hockley dagger

bloke down the pub wrote:
DaggerSince92 wrote:Think the main worry for us Daggers now is keeping hold of Wayne. With a tremendous win over Bury bigger clubs are bound to come calling. Let's be honest, the way you's on here have treated him I wouldn't blame him for moving on.

Please God let this be true.
Are you serious? you really hate us winning two games on the bounce. Wayne has changed tactics round and it has worked. Like Ash at lb and going 3-5-2 he has the guts to change things mid match like at Bury. Do you even go to games? Do you just sit and look at our results? Do you see the passion our players have when we score? Do you even want to support a team that you want the board out the management out and the players out? Is that really supporting? Wayne i admit has gone through a tough time but hes tried things you can at least see hope when we lose games. Lets all just support our manager because i for won believe he should be getting a load of apologies from you people who think if we loose a game everything's gone wrong and everyone must be sacked

lets get behind our players and our club.
ARNU

I think its a given that we're all behind the manager and the club,thats why we keep turning up after all.Some are just a bit noisier when we've been watching dross than others.I hope we win all our remaining games and Burnett gives us all the middle finger while we eat some humble pie but if you think all the problems are solved and he's now out of the woods just because hes actually got some points in the last 2 games I think you are being a bit premature.Im quite sure defeat at home v Tranmere next week would put him straight back into the firing line.I think another 3 straight wins and winning manager of the month might just shut most of us up.
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:I think its a given that we're all behind the manager and the club,thats why we keep turning up after all.Some are just a bit noisier when we've been watching dross than others.I hope we win all our remaining games and Burnett gives us all the middle finger while we eat some humble pie but if you think all the problems are solved and he's now out of the woods just because hes actually got some points in the last 2 games I think you are being a bit premature.Im quite sure defeat at home v Tranmere next week would put him straight back into the firing line.I think another 3 straight wins and winning manager of the month might just shut most of us up.
Doubt it let's face it 9th in the league did not satisfy a lot. They talk about a few late goals elevated us to a position that was false. When a few late goals go in our net the Bedwetters don't say we are in a false position because of it they use it to beat the Manager over the head.
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
ARNU wrote:I think its a given that we're all behind the manager and the club,thats why we keep turning up after all.Some are just a bit noisier when we've been watching dross than others.I hope we win all our remaining games and Burnett gives us all the middle finger while we eat some humble pie but if you think all the problems are solved and he's now out of the woods just because hes actually got some points in the last 2 games I think you are being a bit premature.Im quite sure defeat at home v Tranmere next week would put him straight back into the firing line.I think another 3 straight wins and winning manager of the month might just shut most of us up.
Doubt it let's face it 9th in the league did not satisfy a lot. They talk about a few late goals elevated us to a position that was false. When a few late goals go in our net the Bedwetters don't say we are in a false position because of it they use it to beat the Manager over the head.
I was more than satisfied with 9th place Sussex,I was his greatest fan last season but I still felt it right to ask questions where I thought he'd gone wrong,you may remember I actually asked WB about the Wycombe rant and even offered some guidance.But this season has been horrific to watch and I always think it best to say when things are irritating/annoying/upsetting you.I don't think blindly following is the correct tool to use if you want any sort of change or improvement.Im quite sure the discontent shown by the not tiny minority has been instrumental in booting them up the arse,lets hope they continue to do well now.Its not right to keep kicking someone when they are down I agree but someone who can get up from that kicking I think is to be admired.Lose v Tranmere and I'll be putting my steels on :lol:
SUSSEX DAGGER

Arnu you are just another stray lamb that needs to be returned to the flock ha ha

Has it really been that horrific mate ?
leewilson

ARNU wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
I was more than satisfied with 9th place Sussex,I was his greatest fan last season but I still felt it right to ask questions where I thought he'd gone wrong,you may remember I actually asked WB about the Wycombe rant and even offered some guidance.But this season has been horrific to watch and I always think it best to say when things are irritating/annoying/upsetting you.I don't think blindly following is the correct tool to use if you want any sort of change or improvement.Im quite sure the discontent shown by the not tiny minority has been instrumental in booting them up the arse,lets hope they continue to do well now.Its not right to keep kicking someone when they are down I agree but someone who can get up from that kicking I think is to be admired.Lose v Tranmere and I'll be putting my steels on :lol:
What guidance did you offer oh master of psychology?

And this season hasn't been horrific. It's been frustrating. We've scored a lot of goals yet thrown matches away in the last 10 minutes. At times, we've played some alright stuff. It's certainly an improvement on the 2nd half of last season when we barely showed any effort whatsoever.
DaggerSince92

ARNU wrote:
I was more than satisfied with a pot noodle and a wank Sussex,I was pot noodles' greatest fan last season but I still felt it right to ask questions where I thought instant noodle had gone wrong,you may remember I actually asked IN about the flavouring rant and even offered some guidance.But this season has been horrific to watch and I always think it best to say when things are irritating/annoying/upsetting you.I don't think blindly following is the correct tool to use if you want any sort of change or improvement.Im quite sure the discontent shown by the not tiny minority has been instrumental in booting them up the arse,lets hope they continue to do well now.Its not right to keep kicking someone when they are down I agree but someone who can get up from that kicking I think is to be admired.Lose v Tranmere and I'll be putting my steels on :lol:
Bit off topic Arnu.
matt_drfc

DS92 strikes again.
ARNU

leewilson wrote:What guidance did you offer oh master of psychology?

And this season hasn't been horrific. It's been frustrating. We've scored a lot of goals yet thrown matches away in the last 10 minutes. At times, we've played some alright stuff. It's certainly an improvement on the 2nd half of last season when we barely showed any effort whatsoever.
The guidance that maybe he should take a deep breathe and leave 48 hrs before opening his clumsy gob live on the radio(Guidance given but not taken any notice of I might add)
This season has been quite horrific or have you not been around since late August ?? And be fair,even you've had a moan or two along with nickthedagger and you's don't moan that much.So I'd say it must've been positively tedious for you two to chirp up about it.

I agree about the 2nd half of last season being a bit lacklustre.This is because he pissed all his players off at the Wycombe game.
ARNU

DaggerSince92 wrote:
ARNU wrote:
I was more than satisfied with a pot noodle and a wank Sussex,I was pot noodles' greatest fan last season but I still felt it right to ask questions where I thought instant noodle had gone wrong,you may remember I actually asked IN about the flavouring rant and even offered some guidance.But this season has been horrific to watch and I always think it best to say when things are irritating/annoying/upsetting you.I don't think blindly following is the correct tool to use if you want any sort of change or improvement.Im quite sure the discontent shown by the not tiny minority has been instrumental in booting them up the arse,lets hope they continue to do well now.Its not right to keep kicking someone when they are down I agree but someone who can get up from that kicking I think is to be admired.Lose v Tranmere and I'll be putting my steels on :lol:
Bit off topic Arnu.
Cumu !
leewilson

ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:What guidance did you offer oh master of psychology?

The guidance that maybe he should take a deep breathe and leave 48 hrs before opening his clumsy gob live on the radio(Guidance given but not taken any notice of I might add)
This season has been quite horrific or have you not been around since late August ?? And be fair,even you've had a moan or two along with nickthedagger and you's don't moan that much.So I'd say it must've been positively tedious for you two to chirp up about it.

I agree about the 2nd half of last season being a bit lacklustre.This is because he pissed all his players off at the Wycombe game.
I've complained about the lack of change in terms of the same mistakes repeating over and over. That doesn't mean to say it's been torture to watch us for 90 minutes each week. At times, I think we've played some good entertaining football without being able to see the game out.
Mike the Dagger

^^^This^^^