Interest in Burnett

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

leewilson wrote: I've complained about the lack of change in terms of the same mistakes repeating over and over. That doesn't mean to say it's been torture to watch us for 90 minutes each week. At times, I think we've played some good entertaining football without being able to see the game out.
Torture,horrific,a nightmare,terrible,tedious....all rather emotive words and if you apply them literally to watching Dagenham this season then yes they are a bit over the top,I mean if you've ever been actually tortured Im sure watching Daggers concede a load of goals in the last minute,or repetitive defensive errors and poor substitutions with odd tactics is rather less serious than torture..We need an actual word or words that isn't OTT to describe our matchday experience.......How about "repeatedly disappointing" ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DaggerSince92

Mike the Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:I think its a given that we're all behind the manager and the club,thats why we keep turning up after all.Some are just a bit noisier when we've been watching dross than others.I hope we win all our remaining games and Burnett gives us all the middle finger while we eat some humble pie but if you think all the problems are solved and he's now out of the woods just because hes actually got some points in the last 2 games I think you are being a bit premature.Im quite sure defeat at home v Tranmere next week would put him straight back into the firing line.I think another 3 straight wins and winning manager of the month might just shut most of us up.
^^^This^^^
Great insight Mike.
matt_drfc

When someone says "^^^This^^^" in agreement with Arnu, you know something's wrong :lol:
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:When someone says "^^^This^^^" in agreement with Arnu, you know something's wrong :lol:
Even postmen agree with me sometimes.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:When someone says "^^^This^^^" in agreement with Arnu, you know something's wrong :lol:
Even postmen agree with me sometimes.
I agree with the stuff that Mike agreed with as well.
Bugger, that's the world ending then.
Mike the Dagger

It did feel a bit dirty, but ARNU, for once, is spot on.

The game against Tranmere is now massive, and we have two clear weeks to prepare courtesy of the cock up that was Southport, while they are playing Oxford this weekend. It is a proper six pointer already and ought to be win or bust for Wayne and co.

Three wins on the bounce, 24 points and possibly up to 17th or thereabouts and suddenly Wayne can be quietly smug with all the "haters" (rather than noisily smug like he was after the Carlisle game) with a bit of space.

Lose and Tranmere are suddenly on a roll and three points behind us and its another home defeat on the list for 2014 with only Stevenage to come before the end of the year and the Daggers looking down at the abyss again.
ARNU

Blimey I got Adrians approval.You might as well pack up now DS92, If I can crack proper Daggers like the Ade meister what chance has a sap like you got. Post your letters son !! :lol:
matt_drfc

Be funny if DS92 was Arnu's son...
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mike the Dagger wrote:

The game against Tranmere is now massive, and we have two clear weeks to prepare courtesy of the cock up that was Southport, while they are playing Oxford this weekend. It is a proper six pointer already and ought to be win or bust for Wayne and co.

Three wins on the bounce, 24 points and possibly up to 17th or thereabouts and suddenly Wayne can be quietly smug with all the "haters" (rather than noisily smug like he was after the Carlisle game) with a bit of space.

Lose and Tranmere are suddenly on a roll and three points behind us and its another home defeat on the list for 2014 with only Stevenage to come before the end of the year and the Daggers looking down at the abyss again.
What a load of tosh. Massive game my arse just another game out of 46. Once Adams has got it sorted Tranmere will be nowhere near the
bottom. My skate mates I hung around to meet at Euston last Saturday in order to take the piss tell me they are a lot better then any number of teams.

Even they reckon we have nothing to worry about.
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:

What a load of tosh. Massive game my arse just another game out of 46. Once Adams has got it sorted Tranmere will be nowhere near the
bottom. My skate mates I hung around to meet at Euston last Saturday in order to take the piss tell me they are a lot better then any number of teams.

Even they reckon we have nothing to worry about.
In theory we don't... in reality we certainly do until we are well clear of at least two teams below us in the league... our Home record still doesn't suggest a 5 game winning streak and an unbeaten run of any length of time this season... hardly too much to speculate that a loss to Tranmere drags us back in to trouble.
SUSSEX DAGGER

We are just as close to the Play offs as the bottom of the division.

Take a chill pill KEEP CALM AND TRUST IN WAYNE. Newport who sit in the last play off place have won two more games then us hardly a bloody mountain with more then half the season to go. Host of teams above us who have won one more .

We have yet to click even I accept that and when we do who knows we may even fluke our way up to 9th.
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARNU

I wasn't saying Tranmere is in itself a massive game,but if Wayne wants a bit less hassle right now a win will certainly aid that outcome.
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:I wasn't saying Tranmere is in itself a massive game,but if Wayne wants a bit less hassle right now a win will certainly aid that outcome.
Doubt it Arnu he could give half of our lot the Town Jewels and they would not like the box they came in.
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
ARNU wrote:I wasn't saying Tranmere is in itself a massive game,but if Wayne wants a bit less hassle right now a win will certainly aid that outcome.
Doubt it Arnu he could give half of our lot the Town Jewels and they would not like the box they came in.
For me,apart from winning more especially at home Id like it if he went back to his original philosophy passing the ball about rather than aimless hoofing.It has become very John Still(in his last 2 seasons)-esque since about August.I'd even accept hoofing done well.I s'pose we'll see at the end of the season but while 22nd is the clubs only aspiration,I cant see many minds changing that quickly.No...he has to keep winning.
Chigwellian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
That's a bit harsh....