Interest in Burnett

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
What a load of tosh. Massive game my arse just another game out of 46. Once Adams has got it sorted Tranmere will be nowhere near the
bottom. My skate mates I hung around to meet at Euston last Saturday in order to take the piss tell me they are a lot better then any number of teams.

Even they reckon we have nothing to worry about.
Hang on a second... So when we were in 22nd with just Tranmere and Hartlepool below us, and it was "no worry, even as poor as this run is, we aren't in the bottom two", one of the sides below us was always, inevitably, going to get out of the mire??

My flabber is gasted.
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:We are just as close to the Play offs as the bottom of the division.
Not true, and you don't have to finish bottom to go down, only 23rd. So 10 points and +12 goal difference off the last play off spot against 6 points and -3 goal difference off the last relegation spot.
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Take a chill pill KEEP CALM AND TRUST IN WAYNE. Newport who sit in the last play off place have won two more games then us hardly a bloody mountain with more then half the season to go. Host of teams above us who have won one more .
True, however they have only lost 4, we have lost 10 already. Only two teams have lost more games than us, and one the same. We have dropped 18 points from winning positions and lost 4 of those games we have led. I haven't really seen much to say we aren't going to do the same again moving forward yet. In both the Carlisle and Bury games we looked nervous as kittens at the end of the games with a two goal lead in hand.
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:We have yet to click even I accept that and when we do who knows we may even fluke our way up to 9th.
Arnu will eat his hat if that happens.

With a bit of luck, we may finish 9th in the Conference next season, but even that is pushing it.
Lcbdagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:We are just as close to the Play offs as the bottom of the division.
Not true, and you don't have to finish bottom to go down, only 23rd. So 10 points and +12 goal difference off the last play off spot against 6 points and -3 goal difference off the last relegation spot.
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Take a chill pill KEEP CALM AND TRUST IN WAYNE. Newport who sit in the last play off place have won two more games then us hardly a bloody mountain with more then half the season to go. Host of teams above us who have won one more .
True, however they have only lost 4, we have lost 10 already. Only two teams have lost more games than us, and one the same. We have dropped 18 points from winning positions and lost 4 of those games we have led. I haven't really seen much to say we aren't going to do the same again moving forward yet. In both the Carlisle and Bury games we looked nervous as kittens at the end of the games with a two goal lead in hand.
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:We have yet to click even I accept that and when we do who knows we may even fluke our way up to 9th.
Arnu will eat his hat if that happens.

With a bit of luck, we may finish 9th in the Conference next season, but even that is pushing it.
Whether a fan of the manager or not, this sort of sums it up really...
Masked Man

I'm still sore from the last time we played Tranmere at home. A proper mugging!! That sent us down.... :(
matt_drfc

Masked Man wrote:I'm still sore from the last time we played Tranmere at home. A proper mugging!! That sent us down.... :(
That free-kick from Aaron Cresswell was class. Look where he is now...
ARNU

Masked Man wrote:I'm still sore from the last time we played Tranmere at home. A proper mugging!! That sent us down.... :(
And Bennos last game for us .....
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

May be or Hartlepool at Home Bournemouth at home ,MK Dons at Home or may be Orient or Exeter Away Brentford away when we conceaded very late goals.

Or perhaps a it may be Exeter away Plymouth away Brighton away lead twice Bournemouth at home when we lost from winning positions.

Or perhaps Walsall at home When we had the game won.

Don't remember the Manager coming in for anything other then praise ( Arnu excepted)

Amazing what is soon forgot
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
May be or Hartlepool at Home Bournemouth at home ,MK Dons at Home or may be Orient or Exeter Away Brentford away when we conceaded very late goals.

Or perhaps a it may be Exeter away Plymouth away Brighton away lead twice Bournemouth at home when we lost from winning positions.

Or perhaps Walsall at home When we had the game won.

Don't remember the Manager coming in for anything other then praise ( Arnu excepted)

Amazing what is soon forgot
The Manager at the time had actually achieved things for the club (like getting us to League One for instance), had a proper rapport with the fans, and therefore was forgiven almost anything, particularly that season when we were always going to be on a hiding to nothing and actually came really close to hanging on in there.

The current manager has achieved what exactly??? (waits for the 9th place finish to be trotted out again)
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUSSEX DAGGER

We have achieved nothing less under Wayne Burnett after 2 years then what we did under John Still in our first two years as a FL Club.

Never let facts get in the way of a good hounding.
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:We have achieved nothing less under Wayne Burnett after 2 years then what we did under John Still in our first two years as a FL Club.

Sorry Sussex but incredibly selected facts... the squad when we came up from the Conference is not the team we have now... if you wish to argue the squad then was better then the manager with all his purchases in the summer really is on a hiding to nothing

This squad now, with an on fire Cureton, you would expected to have done a better job in the League One season than the guys that we had at the time did... nobody would be asking for Savage or Akinde back... the fact we are performing so poorly in a very average League Two season doesn't prove any points about the magic of the current boss
Dagger Steve

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:We have achieved nothing less under Wayne Burnett after 2 years then what we did under John Still in our first two years as a FL Club.

Yes but Still achieved getting us into the FL in the first place. Which is a pretty big deal.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lcbdagger wrote:

Sorry Sussex but incredibly selected facts... the squad when we came up from the Conference is not the team we have now... if you wish to argue the squad then was better then the manager with all his purchases in the summer really is on a hiding to nothing
Reece bxvcwj
This squad now, with an on fire Cureton, you would expected to have done a better job in the League One season than the guys that we had at the time did... nobody would be asking for Savage or Akinde back... the fact we are performing so poorly in a very average League Two season doesn't prove any points about the magic of the current boss
Everybody got the best looking wife my friend. At least I have stood firm and at least kept the debate alive. You wait after the Tranmere game there will be a lot of humble pie being eaten. We'll those with the good grace to accept they were wrong.

Heavens I have not even given up hope of getting Arnu back into the flock, that May take a little longer[bit at the seasons end he will be safely returned.
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Everybody got the best looking wife my friend. At least I have stood firm and at least kept the debate alive. You wait after the Tranmere game there will be a lot of humble pie being eaten. We'll those with the good grace to accept they were wrong.

Heavens I have not even given up hope of getting Arnu back into the flock, that May take a little longer[bit at the seasons end he will be safely returned.
Im probably one of the more fickle on here Sussex.If the guy puts together a good run then it'd be tempting to forgive and forget however,he has a set of stats that he needs to drastically improve and a public persona that in an aftermatch interview stinks like hell.I am encouraged that he's finally listened to my calls to get out into the loan market and improve areas of weakness.His brief is simple...WIN !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:

Reece bxvcwj

Quite true... if he continues winning then fair play to the man... we all wish that for the team, especially at Home where we have paid money to watch the team.

My thoughts that in any other League team he wouldn't still be with us anyway will still continue however, whether we win two on the trot or not.
SUSSEX DAGGER

We sort of have the Arsenal/Wenger situation . Just like he has to qualify for the Champions a League each year to keep his employer happy the Manager at D and R has to qualify for next seasons football league anything else is a bonus.

Perhaps our home form is a marketing ploy . 350 Carlisle supporters last game you need over 900 season ticket holders to bring the same money in. Play shit at home and that encourages more away support at £22 a pop lovely jubbly . Now I am getting cynical