Losing the dressing room.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Much has been said about WB losing the dressing room after the Wycombe game last season with his total meltdown in the aftermatch huddle and the ridiculous interview he did on the radio straight after.Now obviously with a shite record like WB's recent one of course comments like "He's lost the dressing room" will rear their head.Some say he did (I think he did actually) some say he didn't but if you look at the lineup we had that day,how many of them still play for us ???

11 in the squad that day no longer play for us.See for your self.....

Daggers: Lewington, Hoyte, Doe, Saah, Femi, Howell, Ogogo (C), Elito (Edgar 80), Obafemi (Saunders 54), Murphy (Scott 90), Hines.
Unused substitutes: Seabright, Wilkinson, Dickson, Connors.

So Id say he not only lost them he got rid of them too.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Masked Man

80% of those gone were sub par anyway. In my opinion.
matt_drfc

Masked Man wrote:80% of those gone were sub par anyway. In my opinion.
So, 2.2 people were above par then.. I'm guessing Hoyte, Elito and Femi's head?
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Much has been said about WB losing the dressing room after the Wycombe game last season with his total meltdown in the aftermatch huddle and the ridiculous interview he did on the radio straight after.Now obviously with a shite record like WB's recent one of course comments like "He's lost the dressing room" will rear their head.Some say he did (I think he did actually) some say he didn't but if you look at the lineup we had that day,how many of them still play for us ???

11 in the squad that day no longer play for us.See for your self.....

Daggers: Lewington, Hoyte, Doe, Saah, Femi, Howell, Ogogo (C), Elito (Edgar 80), Obafemi (Saunders 54), Murphy (Scott 90), Hines.
Unused substitutes: Seabright, Wilkinson, Dickson, Connors.

So Id say he not only lost them he got rid of them too.
If he did get rid of them mate, I think he has in most cases got it bang on.

Lewington probably but if he stayed you could surly not drop him for Cousins. Then again the flip side of that coin is would Cousins have been given his chance. The net result is we currently have a Goalkeeper at least the equal if not better. Decision no better then 50/50

Seabright : Wanted to go unless assured of first team Football. Given his chance and proved not ready for it. Went to relegated Torquay and is doing what he did here bench warming. Told Saturday he is now an Estate Agent. So we are not the only ones to come to that conclusion. Decision spot on

Hoyte : Thought the grass was greener you can do no more then what we did. Hardly setting the World a light at Gillingham but probably the second biggest loss as the right back position is a problem defensively. Decision was not in our hands

Femi : It was sentimental reasons that kept in on the fans side. In the end the Manager made a tough call and came to the conclusion simply not good enough. Take out the sentiment and the right decision was made. Was reading that 92 Gibbo blog the other day he saw Hartlepool and York the other week. Made me laugh when he said Femi was having to be instructed by the fans. Totally the right decision in my book.

Wilkinson ; Totally lost his way and demands he was making about first Team assurance should not have been made by a player in such form
Disappointed to lose him as I am saw he will come good and appears to have done so. Two season ago we all knew he would not be here now so the circumstances are the only thing that I think changed. Like Lewington 50/50

Saunders : If you were a natural who just happened to pop into Victoria Road you would leave with the impression that he was a valuable player who we did need to keep. The truth is he spent more time on his back then a Kings Cross brass. Don't care how much talent you have its no good to this Club leaving it in the treatment room. Decision bang on

Edgar : Was only a loan

Scott : Had his chance and the time had come simple as . Decision bang on

Dickson : That Friday night when he made his debut at Accrington you thought wow he is going to be usefull. Showed more in six minutes then he did in six months. Decision bang on

Elitto : Personally him and Hoyte were the biggest loss. When he was on his game he was what I think we have missed this season . Left for no other reason then Personal ones. Decision not one that can be contributed to the Manager. The amount of stick this lad took on here from certain People makes you realise you don't know what you have until you lost it.

Oberfemi : Again given his chance and did not take it . Joined us under a cloud and his continued indiscipline made the decision bang on.

So out of all that lot Arnu there are only two that I would question and in both cases it don't look like we were in control.
NickMurphy

Elito, Edgar, Obafemi, Saunders, Scott and Dickson are all unfairly pointed out there, Arnu. All six of those left for reasons not to do with the manager I can more or less guarantee.
Lcbdagger

While the defensive decisions made by the manager will always be his to live and die by, I'm yet to see anything from Saah in the last two seasons to tell me that he was a better prospect than Wilkinson... that one has always confused me

Femi wasn't in the manager's plans and even Hoyte only turned it on mid way through last season... before then he was an average League Two player at best... strangely both guys would have suited the 5 man defence perfectly with their attacking runs... Femi could have been a relevation with the three centre back partnership behind him!

Certainly wouldn't replace either of our previous two keepers for Cousins, regardless of how well Lewington may do in future years... I also wouldn't necessarily stick Elito back in to our current starting XI ahead of Chambers or Labadie... I know he was a cult figure but never turned it on in enough games for me to justify a position ahead of those we have now.... i'm a big Chambers fan this season, having been the first last year when on Loan to say he wasn't up to much.

Saunders could have been a hugely important player for us with his set pieces and passing, especially alongside a fully fit Bingham... sadly, much like Billy, Saunders is made of glass and wouldn't have likely played more than 5 games this season thus far.
ARNU

Well upto that point Daggers had amassed 30 something points from 19 games and won a few cup rounds too.11 points more than we have now.So I suppose the stats only lie when you don't like them ? We only then won 7 more games all season after the rant from the remaining 27 games.Just look at last seasons stats.We drew a lot too so Id say last years squad who you seem to be dismissing as useless or past it could at least defend.Hoyte Wilko and Femi along with Elito are sorely missed.I also think saunders was a creative player and although Lewi had his limitations Ive seen enough of you on here throwing a wobbly whenever I criticised him so he must have been ok.

I reckon WB lost his players for quite a while and has taken an age to make the repairs assuming they are all happy now.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Don't know the answer but I would say only Lewington Elito and Hoyte played over half of the games to which you refer Arnu. The rest did not play in half the games between them,so what they contributed to that 30 odd points I am at a loss to work out
ARNU

That rant and subsequent interview cost us more than points Im sure of it.It was a mistake that id hoped he learnt something from then he goes and has another meltdown the other day this time digging the fans out.