Stat attack

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

In the last 6 games we have scored 1 (one) goal.

That is 1 (ONE) goal in 540 minutes of football.

In the last 6 games we have had 49 attempts on goal, 15 of which were on target.

That is 15 (fifteen) shots on target in 540 minutes of football (one every 36 minutes). Useless.

In the 90 minutes of today's game I estimate I ironed 18 shirts (one every 5 minutes). Useful.

Football is about entertainment, discuss.
ARNU

I'll be honest.Im just glad we didn't concede or lose.

I've never been Rhys Murphys greatest fan,dont get me wrong he knows where the goal is and hes probably Dagenhams sharpest shooter but he has some flaws.Heading,keeping the ball,going offside all the time and has a poor temper.All that arguing every ref decision,never seen any of them overturned.So whilst his presence has obviously gee'd up the team Im not sure hes the answer to all the problems since his time out.He did lots of running around but did he even have a shot ?? Maybe its a supply problem.I digress.....

Our problem all season has been conceding,that lately has been rectified.I see todays performance as a positive overall.Time to leave Wayne alone for a bit now.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

I appreciate that we have stopped conceding (since Saah was dropped, genius eventually Wayne), even though we were very lucky not to ship a couple last week.

Big issue for me is I have stopped enjoying it at the Daggers. Been to around 90% of our home games for the last 15 years and there have been some ups and downs but it has almost never been boring.

The last year has been shocking and I've had it for the moment.

I expect there are a few of our fans thinking they could have done something more useful with their afternoon than watching the Daggers and are jealous of my foresight ;-)
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:I appreciate that we have stopped conceding (since Saah was dropped, genius eventually Wayne), even though we were very lucky not to ship a couple last week.

Big issue for me is I have stopped enjoying it at the Daggers. Been to around 90% of our home games for the last 15 years and there have been some ups and downs but it has almost never been boring.

I expect there are a few of our fans thinking they could have done something more useful with their afternoon than watching the Daggers and are jealous of my foresight ;-)
I feel your pain.This season has been as awful as the one they should have sacked Stilly .Even missed a couple of homes myself this year.Not done any of the pre season or esc games and only done 2 aways.I threaten to not renew most seasons so that's a stupid threat as I do keep coming back for more.Hard going though innit !
redboy

Some stats are misleading, but 1 goal in 6 matches and not even one effort on target yesterday is appalling. Teams that get themselves out of the mire generally do so by scoring goals (take note Wayne). I'm sick of this clean sheet euphoria which stems from the gaffer too. Nil nils will get us nowhere. We couldnt score against ten men at Sarfend and burgled a win against Bury. The Invincibles were poor and we still couldnt break them down. The most effective forward yesterday was jakubiak who did more in one minute than Chambers did in 80. Why was Labadie allowed 3 strikes at goal from 30 yards when he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo? Sorry, just fancied a rant !
dagger4eva

Mike the Dagger wrote:I appreciate that we have stopped conceding (since Saah was dropped, genius eventually Wayne), even though we were very lucky not to ship a couple last week.

I can relate almost identically to your position.

I'd probably never choose ironing over the football though regardless of how bad it has got!! :lol:
Alan

I really don't think it's time to leave Wayne alone. He needs to go and to go now. A freak win against Bury has put a veneer of respectability on some pretty abject performances and results.
DI Mike Dashwood

I am not sure it is abject. Uninspiring, dull, characterless, boring, are words I would use at moment. I am not sure abject is right unless we were being thumped every week.

Just my view though.
Mike the Dagger

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:I am not sure it is abject. Uninspiring, dull, characterless, boring, are words I would use at moment. I am not sure abject is right unless we were being thumped every week.

Just my view though.
abject
adjective:

1. (of something bad) experienced or present to the maximum degree.
"his letter plunged her into abject misery"
(of a situation or condition) extremely unpleasant and degrading.
"the abject condition of the peasants"
synonyms: wretched, miserable, hopeless, pathetic, pitiful, pitiable, piteous, stark, sorry, forlorn, woeful, lamentable, degrading, appalling, atrocious, awful
"many such families are living in abject poverty"

2. (of a person or their behaviour) completely without pride or dignity; self-abasing.
"an abject apology"
synonyms: obsequious, grovelling, crawling, creeping, fawning, toadyish, servile, cringing, snivelling, ingratiating, toadying, sycophantic, submissive, craven, humiliating
"an abject apology"

Zero shots on target... abject seems reasonable as do most of the synonyms TBH.
Diggerthedog

The philosphy quoted by the manager was dont care how many we concede as long as we outscore the opponents, now its all about clean sheets. Make your mind up Koko.
Dagger Steve

Mike the Dagger wrote: wretched, miserable, hopeless, pathetic, pitiful, pitiable, piteous, stark, sorry, forlorn, woeful, lamentable, degrading, appalling, atrocious, awful
I'm pretty sure I have used every one of those words in our last 2 home games.
Auntie Merge

Mike the Dagger wrote: wretched, miserable, hopeless, pathetic, pitiful, pitiable, piteous, stark, sorry, forlorn, woeful, lamentable, degrading, appalling, atrocious, awful
Are any of them available to strengthen our midfield or score goals?
dagger4eva

Funny enough my favorite term the last few months has been "fecking shite"

Cant seem to find that one in the Oxford English dictionary
Mike the Dagger

Daggers squad for Northampton:

Cousins, Wretched, Doe, Miserable, Hopeless, Pathetic, Bingham, Pitiful, Pitiable, Piteous, Stark, Cureton

Subs: Sorry, Forlorn, Woeful, Lamentable, Degrading, Appalling, Atrocious

Manager: Awful
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:Daggers squad for Northampton:

Cousins, Wretched, Doe, Miserable, Hopeless, Pathetic, Bingham, Pitiful, Pitiable, Piteous, Stark, Cureton

Subs: Sorry, Forlorn, Woeful, Lamentable, Degrading, Appalling, Atrocious

Manager: Awful
Even Baz Savage,John Akinde and Phil Ifil cant get in that team.