Relegation dogfight - the teams

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NickMurphy

Surely everyone knew Buckle would be an absolute disaster, just like he was at Bristol Rovers. Cheltenham didn't heed the warning that Rovers fans gave them, and swapped a club legend who could get the players playing for the club at the very least, for a guy who seems generally pretty disliked by most everywhere he's gone. They've dug their own grave there, and as disappointing as it would be to see Cheltenham go down as it's a club I quite like visiting and seeing a few people who we've come to know over the years, their board deserve it for making such a silly decision.
Mark

If we get any injuries we'll soon be sucked back in. The starting eleven is finally quite good but if we have to go back to Chambers, Saah, Batt etc we'll struggle. I'd be reluctant to get more loans but we might have to.
Lcbdagger

You never how things will pan out but after massive wins against Cheltenham and York we shouldn't be below any of those two teams... still see Hartlepool bottom come season's end despite the odd result they pull out here and there... Oxford and Northamptom will be fine, along with us and Tranmere... take your pick from the rest...

Cheltenham in poor form, Accrington not looking great, York cant buy a win and Mansfield were my tip from when we played them earlier in the season...

Morecambe are probably happy it's not a 50 game season as they have been poor recently but started well enough to stay well clear of trouble
IanC

Fancy it could be cheltenham and york,still think ronnie more can keep the monkeyhangers up.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Are we glad that we held our nerve. 8 teams in this League have sacked their Managers and only a last minute goal at Accy last night prevented them all being below us.

Thought that this was meant to be the answers to all these Clubs prayers. Just to prove as my old mum used to say don't chuck the baby out with the bath water.

Stop press the 9th is about to go
matt_drfc

Where can I buy the book of your Mum's sayings?
stanton101

Cheltenham and hartlepool for me. With Cheltenham finishing bottom, they were truly dreadful against the daggers. As for Dagenham, I'd say around 15th.
SUSSEX DAGGER

stanton101 wrote:Cheltenham and hartlepool for me. With Cheltenham finishing bottom, they were truly dreadful against the daggers. As for Dagenham, I'd say around 15th.
Let's see if you are called deluded like I was when I made the exact same prediction weeks ago
Auntie Merge

Surprised not to see this on here... Buckle was sacked today. Will Cheltenham pull themselves up?
stanton101

Auntie Merge wrote:Surprised not to see this on here... Buckle was sacked today. Will Cheltenham pull themselves up?
When they played down here they looked like a team already doomed. The only way they were going to score was from the dubious penalty they got. Maybe a new manager might shake them up a bit, but I can't see it myself.
Lcbdagger

stanton101 wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:Surprised not to see this on here... Buckle was sacked today. Will Cheltenham pull themselves up?
When they played down here they looked like a team already doomed. The only way they were going to score was from the dubious penalty they got. Maybe a new manager might shake them up a bit, but I can't see it myself.
May shake things up but their squad against us was very poor... defensively in particular they were a right old shambles... will need a few 'Baudry' or 'Ritchie' type Loans to get them clear of trouble... Over 70% of fans on their own club homepage see them losing against Bury according to the online poll
matt_drfc

They are a shambles in defence, they haven't kept a clean sheet for 24 league games, since 13th September, only picking up 16 points since then. They don't exactly look like outscoring teams either, them to finish bottom I reckon and either York or Hartlepool. Buckle was always a shocking replacement for Yates, looks like a couple of former players are going to be in charge now, still don't think they've got enough to get out of it though.
hockley dagger

Wayne seems to think that 51 points will be enough for safety. On that basis we need 5 wins out of the last 15 games. That looks well within our compass if we keep playing like we have since the defeat at Northampton. The defence looks solid now and we're starting to score more freely too. From what I've seen York, Mansfield, Cheltenham and Hartlepool are the teams in most danger.
dagger4eva

So - from the original post it would seem Cambridge have got themselves out of trouble (now 8 pts clear) as have Northampton (now 14 pts clear, as have Pompey (now 11 pts clear)

I think that now leaves 8 teams in the mix from Hartlepool on bottom with 27 pts up to Oxford & Masnfield in 17th/18th with 38 pts. Cambridge & Accy on 41 & 43 pts respectively are probably out of the equation.

Looking at our own situation - we are looking at needing 14 points from 13 games to reach the so called safety mark of 51 points. Lose tomorrow and I really do see us going on another horror run - something we've been accustomed to having under the stooges.

So, do we have it in us to accumulate just over 1 point a game from now til the end of the season???????????
stanton101

dagger4eva wrote:So - from the original post it would seem Cambridge have got themselves out of trouble (now 8 pts clear) as have Northampton (now 14 pts clear, as have Pompey (now 11 pts clear)

I think that now leaves 8 teams in the mix from Hartlepool on bottom with 27 pts up to Oxford & Masnfield in 17th/18th with 38 pts. Cambridge & Accy on 41 & 43 pts respectively are probably out of the equation.

Looking at our own situation - we are looking at needing 14 points from 13 games to reach the so called safety mark of 51 points. Lose tomorrow and I really do see us going on another horror run - something we've been accustomed to having under the stooges.

So, do we have it in us to accumulate just over 1 point a game from now til the end of the season???????????
I'll still go for Cheltenham and Hartlepool for the drop, but it will be very close. Fingers crossed.