Northampton Town

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

D'Ath played 21 times for Daggers, which was 17 starts and 4 sub appearances.

The record for those games was won 4 (including the home AFC Wimbledon match where he was sent off in the 57th minute and the Torquay away game where he came on with 5 minutes left), drew 6 and lost the rest. He scored once, in the 1-1 at Burton.

He was booked 8 times in those 21 games and also had the red against Wimbledon.
ARNU

I once had a conversation with West ham player John Moncur. He was infamous for getting yellow cards and the odd red one and normally within 10 minutes of him getting on the field.He was a fringe player by this time when i met him and I actually asked why do you keep getting booked ? He said it was because he felt he had to show fight willing passion etc,its what pleased the manager and got him picked more often than not.Maybe this was Lawson D'ath's method.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:Of course I wouldn't disagree with that... and actually, the more he played, the more I actually started to rate him.

Obviously hindsight is wonderful.. and with hindsight, just in the same way as you are disappointed with the midfielders we've signed, I and hundreds of other supporters cant tell you enough how disappointed they are with the manager we signed.

It is kinda cute that you still can't bring yourself to join the masses (well, you did for a while) but a flukey win against Bury had you re-converted to the 1 member Wayne Burnett fan club!
Oh here we go again. I was bitterly disappointed and angry over Boxing Day and if a tame surrender had followed at Southend and Bury that would have been that. The fact the next three games we have shown at least a bit of fight and resolve.

Funny how people harp on about the lucky wins but forget about the unlucky results losing at Burton and not winning at Cheltenham are two that I recall.

This default position of slagging the Manager we'll whatever your view he is not going anywhere at the present and that is a stone cold fact. Therefore it's a straight choice either get behind him and the team or carry on with the snipes and digs which to me serves no purpose and only smash to pieces the little bit of confidence that has appeared.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:Of course I wouldn't disagree with that... and actually, the more he played, the more I actually started to rate him.

Obviously hindsight is wonderful.. and with hindsight, just in the same way as you are disappointed with the midfielders we've signed, I and hundreds of other supporters cant tell you enough how disappointed they are with the manager we signed.

It is kinda cute that you still can't bring yourself to join the masses (well, you did for a while) but a flukey win against Bury had you re-converted to the 1 member Wayne Burnett fan club!
Oh here we go again. I was bitterly disappointed and angry over Boxing Day and if a tame surrender had followed at Southend and Bury that would have been that. The fact the next three games we have shown at least a bit of fight and resolve.

Funny how people harp on about the lucky wins but forget about the unlucky results losing at Burton and not winning at Cheltenham are two that I recall.

This default position of slagging the Manager we'll whatever your view he is not going anywhere at the present and that is a stone cold fact. Therefore it's a straight choice either get behind him and the team or carry on with the snipes and digs which to me serves no purpose and only smash to pieces the little bit of confidence that has appeared.
There is still no confidence there, we have had three results two of them lucky to get anything. People are voting with there feet not just anyone but long standing fans, people have had enough of the total tripe we see week in and week out and the snipes will continue until a change is made.

Support Koko all you like but you are in a very small minority who still want him here, surprised given your knowledge of us that you cant see this.
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:

At Burton we were 1-0 up and on top and backed off to a "what we have we hold" stance taking off Cureton and let two late goals in. Has to be down to the Manager.

At Cheltenham we were again ahead and let in a late one to drop two points after we took off Cureton.

The only decent performance we have had at home in the last couple of months was Carlisle when he seemed to have stumbled on something that worked going 3-5-2 with Yussuf and Cureton up top, which was a total change of plan despite the managers 19 minute rant afterwards that "nothing had changed". Next thing, we bring in Agyemang and drop Yussuf and its all gone to pot again. Has to be down to the manager.

Our "fight and resolve" consists of shoring up the back by removing a liability in Brian Saah that most of the fans had been seeing for months and months was the weak link (in spite of Doey getting dropped at one point), while having little to no attacking threat at all to the point of backing off at Southend when we should have gone for them after they got reduced to ten men.

Seriously, we had one shot on target at home to a team that were below us at the time in Trammere (in injury time) and zero shots on target at home to a team just above us on Saturday. That is fight? That is resolve? We seem to be aiming at finishing with a point a game and hoping that there are two teams worse than us.

It really beggars belief that you aren't on some wind up TBH.
Lcbdagger

Good to see a debate on this one as a few guys in the Sieve clapped him on when he played earlier in the season... Personally wouldn't have wanted him in above other options we had and would be (in my opinion) behind Abu, Billy and Luke this session without any of the new additions
Cobblers

Hi Daggers,

Just thought I would offer my thoughts with regards to D'ath. He has been one of shining lights of the season so far. Think he has 5 goals so far in around 20 appearances. Runs non stop for 90 minutes, but he is not just a headless chicken, he looks really composed on the ball. Most of the fans seem to of really taken to him. Wilder clearly rates him as he have him a contract extension after only 3 months and dislodged John-Joe O'Toole.

As for the game itself, I am obviously expecting a win due to our voodoo like hold over you guys. Injuries have decimated our season, now most of the players are back so Wilder has no more excuses. Hoping for a settled starting line up.

Our performance at yours last season was one of my favourite away days ever, hopefully you can enjoy your day as much, although not because of the result!

Expecting us to line up like this.

Duke
Maloney Cressell Collins Horwood
D'ath Byrom Taylor Holmes
O'Toole
Richards

Only slight exception may be our young star Ivan Toney starting as he will be back from suspension.

Marc Richards has scored 13 in 19 this season, expecting him to score in a 3-1 victory!

All the best

Cobblers
Dagdale

That goal at Burton by Lawson just before the oranges last season was a moment I'll treasure for a long time, we had, the way things are looking this season far better periods last term and every time we waited for the next game especially away ones we just believed at the time we'd see something special come a long and that screamer there out of the blue and to us daggers in the side pen just lifted the roof off for us and had us talking great volumes afterwards, definitely enjoyed seeing Lawson playing in a daggers shirt and kept a eye on him a lot noticing he seemed to show good commitment but like a lot of players could drop the odd howler, it seems from Cobbler he's making friends down Sixfields and carrying on the show, correct, by far not our best midfielder but often say to myself just wonder what he would have been like 'long term'?
The Romford Dagger

I'd have him for bench and when we have injuries. Preferred him to Labadie for sure.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Cobblers wrote:Hi Daggers,

Just thought I would offer my thoughts with regards to D'ath. He has been one of shining lights of the season so far. Think he has 5 goals so far in around 20 appearances. Runs non stop for 90 minutes, but he is not just a headless chicken, he looks really composed on the ball. Most of the fans seem to of really taken to him. Wilder clearly rates him as he have him a contract extension after only 3 months and dislodged John-Joe O'Toole.

As for the game itself, I am obviously expecting a win due to our voodoo like hold over you guys. Injuries have decimated our season, now most of the players are back so Wilder has no more excuses. Hoping for a settled starting line up.

Our performance at yours last season was one of my favourite away days ever, hopefully you can enjoy your day as much, although not because of the result!

Expecting us to line up like this.

Duke
Maloney Cressell Collins Horwood
D'ath Byrom Taylor Holmes
O'Toole
Richards

Only slight exception may be our young star Ivan Toney starting as he will be back from suspension.

Marc Richards has scored 13 in 19 this season, expecting him to score in a 3-1 victory!

All the best

Cobblers
Good to hear cobbler think his energy of getting up and down the pitch was a joy to watch, the only weakness I saw was his inability in a tackle but I fully understand unlike a lot if our fans you can't have everything at this level.

Messi could turn up here and half of them would not like the car he arrived in.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Ricky Holmes, O'Toole and Marc Richards, are you trying to set the record for the most annoying team ever?
bearaab

Ain't Cresswell the tall guy that played for Fleetwood and Southend? Can add him to that list.
Lcbdagger

bearaab wrote:Ain't Cresswell the tall guy that played for Fleetwood and Southend? Can add him to that list.
He didn't score last time round at least... cracking player though... always helped by the fact we play long ball without a 6ft plus striker
matt_drfc

Lcbdagger wrote:
bearaab wrote:Ain't Cresswell the tall guy that played for Fleetwood and Southend? Can add him to that list.
He didn't score last time round at least... cracking player though... always helped by the fact we play long ball without a 6ft plus striker
Scored 3 in his last 5 games against us, backed him to score 15/2.
bearaab

Good stats, I'm putting that bet on.