Shields

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger83

Joined Ebbsfleet permanently.

Oh well.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
The Romford Dagger

He as at the age where he was needing to move on permanantly or be pushing into the 1st team.

It's a shame cos the lad clearly had talent
matt_drfc

& they've got a lot of money. Signed Danny Kedwell, Stuart Lewis, Kelvin Langmead, Matt Fish recently. I've heard Kedwell is on £2k a week. In conference south.
NickMurphy

Great prospect etc...

Dump on the pile along with Jon-Jo Bates, Duran Reynolds, Alex Osborn and so on...
redboy

well dumbo can't recognise talent, so why am I not surprised?
bearaab

Such a recognised talent that only a Conference South team have signed him.
Diggerthedog

People keep saying young talent,he is not young. I thought he could have done with more of a chance, got to be no worse then the awful wide players we currently have.
Lcbdagger

bearaab wrote:Such a recognised talent that only a Conference South team have signed him.
I hear this a lot about players... but didn't Shaun Batt leave us and go to Fisher? He ended up in the Championship with Millwall

I'm less upset he went and more that any chance he ever could have had to impress was lost to average loan signings for two seasons... Goldberg will drop down too no dobut but will be playing at a better level than ours in two or three years

I'm not at all convinced that Shields would have offered us any less across a ten game period than Porter
ARNU

Wasn't he John Stills last signing ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

Lcbdagger wrote:
bearaab wrote:Such a recognised talent that only a Conference South team have signed him.
I hear this a lot about players... but didn't Shaun Batt leave us and go to Fisher? He ended up in the Championship with Millwall

I'm less upset he went and more that any chance he ever could have had to impress was lost to average loan signings for two seasons... Goldberg will drop down too no dobut but will be playing at a better level than ours in two or three years

I'm not at all convinced that Shields would have offered us any less across a ten game period than Porter
That's one in how many though? Doubt Shields will ever play pro again.

I think a lot of people have just got it in for the manager now no matter what he does. We could sign Ronaldo and people would moan that its not Messi.
Richie

Not good enough for L2 football IMO
bearaab

Shields, Ronaldo or Messi?
Adrian

Richie wrote:Not good enough for L2 football IMO
Given how little chance he was given, I'm not sure how anyone can come to any sort of opinion on his ability.
However, I don't believe that he could possibly have offered less than some of the rubbish that was given a chance while Shields was ignored - Edgar, Turgott etc.
dagger4eva

Adrian ..... do u follow me on twitter? I said the same, almost word for word :)

And I think there lays the issue. If he had been given a REASONABLE opportunity and proven he wasnt up to the task then no-one would be too peeved with his move out of the club. The trouble is ...... he didnt!!
Adrian

dagger4eva wrote:Adrian ..... do u follow me on twitter? I said the same, almost word for word :)

And I think there lays the issue. If he had been given a REASONABLE opportunity and proven he wasnt up to the task then no-one would be too peeved with his move out of the club. The trouble is ...... he didnt!!
Nope, but I've said the same a few times as well. I'd have no problem with him going if I'd ever seen enough to see that he wasn't good enough. As it is, he seems to have fallen into a group of young players with potential that won't get a chance as the preference seems to be to either use other teams players or have players that have already proven that they aren't all that.