How / why can this be allowed to continue

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:Mark Arber: "Can't believe the mighty Daggers are in the relegation zone. If only my body could match my brain and pull on the boots once more. I don't miss playing one bit but the fight in me wishes I could do something."

I know Arbs isn't everybody's cup of tea but god I wish we had more of his like in the squad.
Sounds like a man looking for a job. At least he'd beat everyone up who played terribly or heckled him after a defeat. :roll:
Yeah, you had a little tiff with him. Get over it.
redboy

I always felt that we were a club where the board, management, players and fans were one. This season it seems that all that has gone and years of tradition have been lost. The board are gutless, the manager clueless and as it seems the fans are helpless. Or are we??

As pointed out WB's contract ends in June. To pay him off wont cost much trust me. Even if the fans boycotted a couple of games, that would equate to what his golden handshake would be. As fans, we are being shafted by the club. We pay their wages but are expected to turn up week after week and watch total dross. Relegation doesn't seem to worry the board as much as it does us. Do they care? Maybe a change ultimately won't help, but tbh it can't get any worse. Dumb and Dumber would have been sacked back in November at 91 other clubs in this country. Why not here?????
NickMurphy

Three of the worst things that could have happened during this whole situation was Burnett winning the three games when his job was seemingly on the line. Not begrudging the nine points we collected from those, but had we lost to Carlisle in late November I reckon he'd have had the tin-tac on the Monday following. After the Bury game I began to think there was new life in the system, the 3-5-2 seemingly worked, we sounded a bit better at the back and going forward it looked to be really clicking, but now it appears as though we've gone one step forward in November to about 4 back now. I haven't had the misfortune of seeing the last two games, although I saw us in the three games over Christmas, but it just sounds awful. Regardless of results, the performance just doesn't seem to be there, even if we were scrapping 1-0 wins and we had that battling quality, you don't want to watch that every week. I have little or no motivation to come back and watch us play at home at the moment it's just dire, I'd be better off meeting up with the people I like seeing over there in a pub, at least there's a quiz machine that provides some entertainment. From a lot of the players there seems to be no will or desire which makes you long for the days of Arbs, Gain and Robbo etc who if we lost, they seemed to feel it just as much as you.

As some have said since September, and I've been fairly certain of since mid-November, I don't think there's much chance that we can continue with Burnett and expect to stay up. It's not fair on us or him the way we're playing and the results we're getting, and it's doing no one any good. The time for change is now with 10 days until our next fixture, or I fear we may lose the biggest chance we have of retaining our league status.
TheLion

What a new manager could achieve, is to get the club united once again. Whatever the Board say, the club is a mess at the moment. The squad put together is not up to what we expect or require. Young players under contract have not been given game time before being loaned out or ejected.

This is my seventh season, and as many others have mentioned, I cannot see the point of coming along when no one appears to care if we go down.

I always remember a comment John Still made just before he left, and that was that perhaps the club would feel more comfortable in the non league arena.

The Gayle money will be exhausted by June this year, and if we do not beat Hartlepool on March 3rd, then we might as well give up.

A new manager might just get us out of the mess and unite us all again.
Daggertilidie

Wayne is never a manager, it's obvious good coach nice bloke but I'm afraid the club should have realised a long time ago. Freak results have got him out of jail. But there is now no fight we don't look like scoring. The mind set is not to loose.. not how can we win it's a joke from board down to players.. Im realistic supporting a club like Dagenham. But I've always admired the fight we have put up. This set up and bunch of players are not daggers they have no idea what it means.. And Burnett is just like a supply teacher nobody respects him.. We are after 8 years an established league side. And yet we still have those that think we spent belong there Bank should have been busted. It's hard but that's football taking chances. When we get relegated. It's going to cost a lot more... We are going down let's not kid ourselves it's happening we the fans need answers.. Patients have ran out!!!!!
ARNU

leewilson wrote:
ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:Mark Arber: "Can't believe the mighty Daggers are in the relegation zone. If only my body could match my brain and pull on the boots once more. I don't miss playing one bit but the fight in me wishes I could do something."

I know Arbs isn't everybody's cup of tea but god I wish we had more of his like in the squad.
Sounds like a man looking for a job. At least he'd beat everyone up who played terribly or heckled him after a defeat. :roll:
Yeah, you had a little tiff with him. Get over it.
Tiff or no tiff he aint the man for the job,surely he has to manage grays or concord rangers first.Or are you seriously putting him up for it ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

What is Wayne gonna do after this tragic season ? Its not like theres a plethora of offers coming in for the bloke,lets face it he'd have taken one for half the money.He wont leave as he'll be unemployed so his only chance as I see it is to turn this mess around and possibly salvage a football management career.We have a contract with the bloke,I cant imagine it would be financialy as damaging to sack him rather than see it out.Id rather we got a new bod in now,but please no silly ideas like Robbo and Arber.We need someone tried and tested not a gimmick !
SUSSEX DAGGER

It's not about who but how much and if the time comes and there is a change there is no good having champagne taste with beer money as my dear old mum would tell you.

If money was not an issue Wayne would not have got the gig in the first instance and that is not any slight on Wayne it's the simple truth.

I don't care who we get in because the net result is that we can't survive as a league Club with gates like we are getting. Sooner or later dr trap door would open. When I have supported the Manager throughout this whole period I have asked who else is there remembering we are only shopping in Poundland.

I made remarks about Lawson D'ath on another post in the run up to yesterday's game and was informed he was shit. The truth of the fact is as always money.

Now Lawson is not a great player by any stretch of imagination but it was clear yesterday he was far far better then anything we had in midfield.

If the need to look for a Manager you will need to look how they came to your attention. If after closer scrutiny you find they did it by having money then they are not going to be any use to us because one thing we don't have is money. You can not escape that harsh reality you might want to hide from it but that's the elephant that is always in the room.

To put it crudely if you have not got a proven record of polishing a terd then you can have a record as impressive as anything but you are not going to be much use at THE DAGGERS
dagger4eva

I dont know if theres any other way of putting it but I honestly dont think me and my nan OR chas n Dave OR the chuckle brothers OR Laurel & Hardy (even whilst brown bread) could do no worse a job than the current eejits.

And anyway, they wont be out of work for long, zippo's circus will snap them up before long
ARNU

dagger4eva wrote:I dont know if theres any other way of putting it but I honestly dont think me and my nan OR chas n Dave OR the chuckle brothers OR Laurel & Hardy (even whilst brown bread) could do no worse a job than the current eejits.

And anyway, they wont be out of work for long, zippo's circus will snap them up before long
Yes I agree.I could manage Dagenham and also get relegated.Dave the plumber should take over and let Wayne be the chairman.Put Thommo at right back while we're at it.
NickMurphy

I still think Ling would be a sound appointment and also a job that he'd be quite keen to take on. In terms of location it's pretty ideal for everyone, and I think for this level he's a fairly decent manager. Bar one poor spell at Cambridge (?), he's been a fairly decent manager, best remembered for his work at Orient obviously. He may feel as though he had something to prove as well, especially in the bottom rungs of League Two in a similar position to when he was probably unfairly sacked by Torquay.
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:I dont know if theres any other way of putting it but I honestly dont think me and my nan OR chas n Dave OR the chuckle brothers OR Laurel & Hardy (even whilst brown bread) could do no worse a job than the current eejits.

Yes I agree.I could manage Dagenham and also get relegated.Dave the plumber should take over and let Wayne be the chairman.Put Thommo at right back while we're at it.
We'll Arnu I certainly don't disagree about Thommo at Right Back because that thing we have there at the moment is no better.
happycabbie

As i said before ..not been since the Shrewsbury game and i can tell you that i don't miss it one bit!
Got fed up looking at the same old dross week after week.
The manager don,t seem to care the boards got no balls and can't make a decision so why should i care ?
Bet theres more like me ...missing more then the odd game...once you stop going there ani't much to bring you back ?
The writing is on the wall lets hope the board can see it and give burnett his p45
DI Mike Dashwood

A few points I would make from this thread:

- Mick on the radio may well have been Mick Payne?? Ex keeping coach who has often done some commentary work in past.

- D'ath may not have been great, but he was yesterday, and always will be, as good as one of our midfield three yesterday, and a lot more useful than two of the others. How Luke Howell cannot get on the pitch at the moment though is beyond me. Answers on a postcard!!!

- If someone made the comment about wanting Wayne to die or something, that is pretty low, out of order and lacking any perspective to football's place in life. However, it seems strange to bring that one comment out now.

- I would not say say the ST offer has backfired. In hindsight it may well have saved the Club. How many people would still be turning up and paying on the gate at £18 a time if they have seen any of our previous home performances this season!!!

- Yesterday was appalling and as bad as it has been. Not enjoyable at all. I will keep going in the hope it changes and because I was bought up to stick with things through thick and thin (and also to get me out the house on a Saturday) but I think the only reason I am honestly still going is to have a beer and catch up with a few people.
Mikins

I can't help but think its irrelevant now. It doesn't matter that he's lost the dressing room. Doesn't matter that we are now the odds on favourites alongside hartlepool to go down, wont even matter when we do go down, there is absolutely 0% chance this board will sack him now if they haven't already.

So much like the titanic, I suggest we get out our instruments and start playing, because ladies and gentlemen we are all going down together with captain Wayne at the helm.
Sorry about your damn luck!