How / why can this be allowed to continue

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
PaulHornchurch

Thought today we were second to the header, the tackle, the through ball, I thought we looked way off the pace.

I don't buy this rubbish about nowhere to train. We know M&B is rubbish this time of year, and if we can't find somewhere decent with goals, then at least do some fitness work somewhere.

This new fitness guy might be the dogs dangly bits, but we are looking unfit. The new kit guy took all the balls off the pitch so while we waiting for the toss the team had nothing to do for 2 mins, any wonder we could have been 2-0 down after 2 mins.

The 2 wide players are in the team because they have pace, when we did find them, did they knock the ball past and turn the fall backs ??

Rhys was offside ten, twelve times.

I could go on but my dinner is ready and I'm hungry after that today.
Chigwellian

Why can't we train on the pitch? ?
Mark

There's plenty of astro pitches in the local area. And plenty of gyms. 2 days off is inexcusable. Get them doing drills over Goals in the day and then on the bikes at Golds in the afternoon.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote:There's plenty of astro pitches in the local area. And plenty of gyms. 2 days off is inexcusable. Get them doing drills over Goals in the day and then on the bikes at Golds in the afternoon.
We let's spurs Youth team play games on our pitch but can't train on it? or ask to use training Pitches a few times to return the favour. Excuses yet again for another poor performance.
Lcbdagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:He's with us until the summer... absolutely no doubt whatsoever about that... regardless of results he will not be sacked before his contract ends and he certainly won't walk
You know this for sure? Ridiculous if true. Protest may be the only way, mine will be through boycotting.
No inside knowledge on him staying Digger... but I heard there were words after Southport and the possibility of him going then... as it didn't happen and results are still the same I cant see what will be the proverbial straw to break the camel's back. Can only see him leaving when his contract is up in the Summer
leewilson

Mark Arber: "Can't believe the mighty Daggers are in the relegation zone. If only my body could match my brain and pull on the boots once more. I don't miss playing one bit but the fight in me wishes I could do something."

I know Arbs isn't everybody's cup of tea but god I wish we had more of his like in the squad.
Dagdale

Its getting really painful now watching a side that just seems to have given up and even worse letting sides playing against us look better than they really are, most of them against a decent side would be dire, and I really think the title of this thread summarizes the five months into this dreadful season. Just cant explain it for ages and put my finger on it, too many angles and getting totally frustrating, even worse booking up away's well in hand and asking one's self is it bloody worth it? Can anybody really believe we can get above bottom two come May 2nd,just ONE goal in 7 games, over all to date 14 losses, if that's not relegation material I don't know what is!
SUSSEX DAGGER

The cynic in me is asking with only 3 people contracted for next year out I
Of the entire Management and playing Staff ,one of who is probably amongst the worse paid all the time he don't play,is this the best time for us to return to non league football.

Sorry to have to ask such a question but from what I saw this afternoon that appears the decision made because even if we do survive this year we are sure as he'll not going to risk our future next season on the
Quality that is going to be needed to survive when two places will decide our fate and not one.
leewilson

Since Burnett is out of contract in the summer, surely a pay off can't be that expensive?

50 points seems a long way away.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:The cynic in me is asking with only 3 people contracted for next year out I
Of the entire Management and playing Staff ,one of who is probably amongst the worse paid all the time he don't play,is this the best time for us to return to non league football.

Sorry to have to ask such a question but from what I saw this afternoon that appears the decision made because even if we do survive this year we are sure as he'll not going to risk our future next season on the
Quality that is going to be needed to survive when two places will decide our fate and not one.
Good observation Sussex. Perhaps the plan for next season has already started.
SUSSEX DAGGER

:?
Diggerthedog wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:The cynic in me is asking with only 3 people contracted for next year out I

Good observation Sussex. Perhaps the plan for next season has already started.
The gamble of slashing season tickets failed miserably and this was on the back of a 9th place finish.
Perhaps the board have therefore decided that there is absolutely no desire by the local populous to support a league team as the pathetic take up of an outstanding pricing policy proves .

Not saying that they will not endeavour to achieve our League status but they are not going to invest the monies needed and basically risk everything on the red.

There seems an air of inevitability running through our Club from top to bottom and there simply appears no passion or desire.

I have supported the Manager through this period but his team is making me look a mug. Given the two Centre halfs who saved us from a battering this afternoon and a Goalkeeper who despite being completely over ran did not have very much to do only because Northampton could not shoot straight I saw no passion no desire and absolutely no belief.

Your Players have let you down Wayne,yes you picked them but you deserve better then that.

Football fans will forgive most things Daggers fans in particular but the total lack of heart and effort in some quarters this afternoon is unforegiveable.

I am hurting tonight boys and if you read these posts I hope you are to .

On the other hand Scott Doe you should be absolutely proud of your efforts that is looking a lost cause, you are a true leader and it's a pity you are the Captain of a sinking ship because you deserve nothing less then the adulation for your attitude and pride that you show.

Out of that squad today the only ones that I would even think of retaining are Cousins, Doe, Bingham , Yussef,Howell,3:2. Murphy and Cureton . I would also say Ayo but he is only borrowed and can't even think why he would think of joining this shower on a permanent basis. The rest are just not up to it or just don't care.
happycabbie

stopped going after the shrewsbury game .saw the writing on the wall...burnett will take this club down
I told you on the other forum when burnett took over we were f****d and it looks like i was right
Any other football club with any balls would have got rid of him in november.
Got a new manager in who would have the whole of december to see which players would have stayed or not ?
And then had the transfer window to get some loan players in...any way really pissed off and i ant going back untill
burnetts gone
Mark

He has to go now or January will be over and nobody will want the job without a chance to bring some players in.

I thought we had turned the corner with much more heart being shown of late, but the inability to get it right at both ends at the same time is indicative of poor recruitment and poor management.
Reg Varneys wife

If Wayne Burnett had any feelings for our Football Club he would have resigned a long time ago but it is obvious he is not going to.
Tactically he is completely inept and that is obvious to anyone who watches football regularly, (especially our home form, which is disgusting).
He obviously lost the dressing room a long time ago, our players have no passion at all and it stands out a mile they do not play for him.
I thought that would have been obvious to Mr. Burnett who should have fallen on his sword a long time ago.
If the board do not act NOW, we will be relegated, I have no doubt about that.
I have been watching and playing football for over 50 years, supporting this club for the past 22 years and this is the worst I have ever seen.
ARNU

leewilson wrote:Mark Arber: "Can't believe the mighty Daggers are in the relegation zone. If only my body could match my brain and pull on the boots once more. I don't miss playing one bit but the fight in me wishes I could do something."

I know Arbs isn't everybody's cup of tea but god I wish we had more of his like in the squad.
Sounds like a man looking for a job. At least he'd beat everyone up who played terribly or heckled him after a defeat. :roll:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !