What do points make ??

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Since the 3 stooges have been in charge 2nd bottom in 2012-13 went down with 50 points (we all remember that one) and last year 2nd bottom went down with 51.

So, with 20 games (less than half) remaining and 60 points to play for, we have accumulated 26 points. In my opinion we will need the same again to be sure of safety. But where will these points come from!?

At the current rate, we will be lucky to have another 26 shots on target through til the end of the season!?

CAMBRIDGE (A)
CHELTENHAM (H)
YORK (A)
POMPEY (H)
MORECAMBE (A)
BURTON (H)
MANSFIELD (A)
HARTLEPOOL (H)
TRANMERE (A)
SOUTHEND (H)
PLYMOUTH (H)
STEVENAGE (A)
WYCOMBE (H)
SHREWSBURY (A)
WIMBLEDON (H)
CARLISLE (A)
LUTON (H)
NEWPORT (A)
ACCY (H)
EXETER (A)

I think games against Pompey – Wycombe, Shrewsbury and Luton are near guaranteed losses.

Games I think we could? Hmmmm – I’d probably say good chances vs Cheltenham, York, Mansfield, Wimbledon and Accy.

The rest of the games I think will be close one’s and could easily go either way.

7 wins a 5 draws or 8 wins and 4 ?? A tough ask on current form hey??
Last edited by dagger4eva on Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DI Mike Dashwood

Always hard to say how many are needed, but I would say 7 wins will probably be enough (be unlikely we wouldn't draw 3 or 4 as well is what I mean.

However, where them 7 wins come from is anyones guess!!!! Looking at the home games the best chances would appear to be Cheltenham, Pompey, Hartlepool, Wimbldeon and Accy. But we are at bottom for reason so lets say we win 3 of those and draw one and then maybe pick up three points somewhere else from the other home games, that would give us 13 points 36). That would leave us needing to win I reckon three away from home (and a couple of draws).

Looking at the away games, that is not without hope. Cambridge, York, Morecambe, Mansfield, Tranmere, Carlisle, and Exeter are either out of form or not going to well overall and so there is maybe a chance there, but we will have to score some goals. 1 in 7 means even if we multiply that by 5 (to 5 in 7) for the last 20 games of season we will only score 15 goals, and that will not win 7 games!!!

I don't think it's done and dusted with those fixtures but after Saturday I am not sure 3 or 4 wins will happen, let along 7 or 8??

D4E, think you have the Southend game round the wrong way??
Diggerthedog

When you are in this position you have to go on a mini run of wins to give yourself half a chance, seeing as we have not won 3 games in a row for over four years I think we are as good as gone.

Our only hope is playing teams towards the end of the season with nothing to play, remember how bad we were at the back in of last season. Cheltenham at home next is a must win if we get nothing at Cambridge.
Mike the Dagger

Last March we played 8 games and got 14 points, won 3, drew 5. We even won at home once!

Can anyone see us doing similar this time around if nothing changes?

01/03/2014 Mansfield Town Home D0-0
08/03/2014 Exeter City Away D2-2
11/03/2014 Bristol Rovers Away W2-1
15/03/2014 Morecambe Home D1-1
19/03/2014 Newport County Away W2-1
22/03/2014 Bury Away D1-1
25/03/2014 Accrington Stanley Home D0-0
29/03/2014 Oxford United Home W1-0
Lcbdagger

We have more wins than both York and Tranmere and have lost less than Carlisle... it's the tight games like Tranmere that we need to turn in to one point here and there when the season ends that could cost us

Don't see anything from Pompey when our 'little team' mentality kicks in again like last season
Diggerthedog

February looks awful and I cant see many points, I have a horrible feeling we might be gone and could go by the time we play Luton at home when Still returns. We were promoted on the 7th April 2007 by him and he could relegate us on the 14 April 2015. Funny old game.
NickMurphy

Looking at that run in I'm finding it difficult to see where we're going to pick up our points if we want to stay up...or maybe I just have it in my mind that we'll lose to the same teams we lose to year in year out because we have some sort of mental block before we play them that we're going to lose. It's like our equivalent of in Darts when someone comes up against Phil Taylor, they're beaten before they walk on the stage for whatever reason just because of previous defeats or something like that. It's ridiculous and it's a joke how every season we lose to these teams, or at the most scrape a point.

Only consolation is that several teams in and around us are also terrible. Cheltenham are the main ones that come to mind, they seem to be haemorrhaging players at a rate of knotts at the moment and replacing them with youth players on loan which is a very risky strategy. Especially when Buckle's your manager.
Masked Man

Where the hell are we going to get 24 points from?!!

I'm looking at that list and I just can't see more than about 16!!

Hello Gateshead?? :o
Grimsweeper

CAMBRIDGE (A) 0 2
CHELTENHAM (H) 1 1
YORK (A)  2 1
POMPEY (H) 0 1
MORECAMBE (A) 1 1
BURTON (H) 0 2
MANSFIELD (A) 1 1
HARTLEPOOL (H) 2 0
TRANMERE (A) 0 1
SOUTHEND (H) 1 3
PLYMOUTH (H) 0 0
STEVENAGE (A) 0 1
WYCOMBE (H) 1 2
SHREWSBURY (A) 0 3
WIMBLEDON (H)  1 1
CARLISLE (A) 0 1
LUTON (H) 0 4
NEWPORT (A) 0 2
ACCY (H) 1 0
EXETER (A) 1 1

15 points

41 total

nowhere near enough.....as someone else already said it does look like JS will condemn us to our drop

hope im wrong.
The Romford Dagger

I reckon:

CAMBRIDGE (A) loss
CHELTENHAM (H)win
YORK (A) draw
POMPEY (H)loss
MORECAMBE (A)win
BURTON (H)loss
MANSFIELD (A)win
HARTLEPOOL (H)loss
TRANMERE (A)loss
SOUTHEND (H)win
PLYMOUTH (H)draw
STEVENAGE (A)loss
WYCOMBE (H)loss
SHREWSBURY (A)draw
WIMBLEDON (H)draw
CARLISLE (A)win
LUTON (H)loss
NEWPORT (A)loss
ACCY (H)draw
EXETER (A)win

23 pts. Touch and go if we stay up. 49 pts total. Goal difference if we do manage to stay up. Madly i think we will beat southend in the derby but get beat by Hartlepool
leewilson

PRIZES