saving our club

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
chasthedagger

It seems obvious that we will be stuck with Graucho, Zeppo and Harpo for the rest of this season, the board that run this club in my opinion do not have it in their heart and soul, and certainly do not have the bottle to change the managment set up.
It would appear that they will be quite happy to see us relegated and with their obvious lack of ambition wont really mind if we drop further down the football ladder, it will be easier for them financially if we do.
We only have another week really to see a change in personnel, as who would want the job without some time to bring in a few new faces, so it seems obvious that we are stuck with the 3 stooges and its very doubtful we will see any new faces be it only loans.
So it looks without any likely changes we are going to face relegation and when that comes we also have to face the fact that we will not be coming back into the football league for a very long time if ever.
SO THE BOARD MEMBERS OF DAGENHAM AND REDBRIDGE FOOTBALL CLUB GROW SOME BALLS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE MESS THIS CLUB IS IN.
Diggerthedog

I'm not going whilst this management set up remains, it's just not the same anymore.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:I'm not going whilst this management set up remains, it's just not the same anymore.
Well Im not going if you're not going. :lol:

(That'll bother 'em Im sure !)
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
admin
Site Admin

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:I'm not going whilst this management set up remains, it's just not the same anymore.

It will do if enough people do the same, I've already heard of some people not bothering to go at the moment. I don't agree with boycotting games but I understand why people would do it
Dagger83

There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Chigwellian

It will be interesting to see how many season tickets will be sold for next season.

I for one, won't be renewing mine and will take each game as it comes, and will probably save money with the couple of cheap games they throw in each season
Chigwellian

admin wrote:
ARNU wrote:

It will do if enough people do the same, I've already heard of some people not bothering to go at the moment. I don't agree with boycotting games but I understand why people would do it
I'm sure the club don't give a flying fig, as most of us on this forum are season ticket holders, and the club have already had readies from us since May14
admin
Site Admin

That's true of the hardcore support. However my half season ticket has issue number 600 and something, so that tells me we only have a small amount of season ticket holders. If the season ticket holders boycott, they only lose money on the bar. If the non season ticket holders didn't go, that's when they would start worrying.

Although like someone said, it shall be interesting to see how many season tickets are sold next season.
redboy

I don't know how much truth lies in the rumour about Tommo taking out some sort of mortgage on a property to finance the club. However, what do the board stand to lose personally if we go down. ****** all I'd imagine. Shows why they aint bothered. Its all nice saying that the club is owned by the fans, yet we have absolutely no say in how it is run!!!!!!!!! We're having the piss taken out of us.
dagger4eva

Dont mean to piss on your fire but unless im very much mistaken, the club is not, never has been and probably never will be owned by the fans .....
Adrian

redboy wrote:I don't know how much truth lies in the rumour about Tommo taking out some sort of mortgage on a property to finance the club. However, what do the board stand to lose personally if we go down. ****** all I'd imagine. Shows why they aint bothered. Its all nice saying that the club is owned by the fans, yet we have absolutely no say in how it is run!!!!!!!!! We're having the piss taken out of us.
As D4E points out, it isn't owned by the fans. It isn't really owned by anyone.
From a legal point of view, the club is a company limited by guarantee. That means that there is someone, either one person or a few, that act as guarantors if the club is ever wound up. I believe the levels of guarantee are significant enough that it could cause some of those guarantors to lose their homes should it ever happen. Our board isn't made up of a load of rich people, they're mostly people that do support the club and do care.
I wouldn't put myself in that sort of position, and I'm fairly certain most of those moaning about the board wouldn't have the balls to do it either.

Will any of the board members lose anything if we go down? Probably not, but then that's the same at every other football club, so I'm not sure why that should be a source for criticism.
Do they get stuff wrong? Yes, but then they are human, so will do.

For quite a while, many have gone on about our club being run more like a business. In every business sector there are business operating at lots of different levels, from small local traders to massive multinationals. If the board think that the best strategy for the club is to operate at a lower level, then maybe it is.
bearaab

If people honestly think the board don't care about us going down then they're idiots. Not just a little bit, massive idiots.
Mike the Dagger

bearaab wrote:If people honestly think the board don't care about us going down then they're idiots. Not just a little bit, massive idiots.
Spot on.

People can believe that they might be wrong, but they care immensely.
chasthedagger

Hi its the idiot hear, my post is what I feel thats happening in th club.
I dare say they may have had some feelings at some stage for the club, but what board would allow the current situation to continue for far to long without acting.
What club would keep a bunch of clowns in charge with there abysmal record, what else do you expect people to think of there bosses.
If they do care then maybe its time for them to show some of that passion and do something about it and make a change.
Adrian

chasthedagger wrote:Hi its the idiot hear, my post is what I feel thats happening in th club.
I dare say they may have had some feelings at some stage for the club, but what board would allow the current situation to continue for far to long without acting.
What club would keep a bunch of clowns in charge with there abysmal record, what else do you expect people to think of there bosses.
If they do care then maybe its time for them to show some of that passion and do something about it and make a change.
You're not getting it are you?
There's a difference between making the correct decisions and not caring.
The board could all sincerely believe that Wayne Burnett will improve things. They could be very wrong about that, but it doesn't mean they don't care.