Fans Forum

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger83

Does anyone ever ask anything remotely challenging at these things? (I've never been, genuinely asking)
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
dagger4eva

The fact it states First Team Manager Wayne Burnett will be in attendance I would say pretty much guarantees he is with us for the season absolutely regardless of results during the final 20 games.

Doubt it will be fun though - you'll probably get the usual tepid questions that are easily batted away by Tommo, WB will be afforded an easy ride and things will continue as they are!

Q: Why havent we signed any other players
A: Were skint

Q: Why has the manager not been sacked despite winning just 6 games from our last 27 - post Wycombe-Gate

Q: Wayne, does it not bother you that people are staying away and voting with their feet and the ones that remain are constantly bored out their skulls with the football your team lays on?

Then again... we can always hope that this 1 will be different :)
Dagger83

Can someone ask this?

Are the players and management willing to sign new contracts on the basis of payment per shot on target?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ARNU

I think these things are futile.Letting in angry fans to moan at management will achieve ****** all.Just turns into a big shouting match.Wayne hasn't got the temperament for it,cant take criticism and will just make himself even more miserable.He hasnt the vocabular dexterity to make his point in anything other than careless mumbling so comes across poorly even when he says the right thing.Also....why should he answer to us anyway ? This will be like bullying as far as Im concerned,a mob attacking a bloke who in essence aint a bad guy just a terrible manager.The only talking I want to hear is with the feet of the players actually winning.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

Don't go then.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:Don't go then.
What like you don't go to games :lol:

Despite what I just wrote do you really think I was advocating any other course of action ?
The forum will not achieve anything or produce any answers we don't already know or expect.

Why would you go other than to bully a man clearly nearing the end of his time with us anyway?
Mike the Dagger

In the interests of givimng them some preparation time, I have pre prepared some sample questions for the panel to allow them to consider how they will answer them.

"Wayne, the basic premis of the game of football is to score more goals than your opponent. Given this, why have we become so shot shy in recent games?"

"Wayne, you struck on a winning formula when we played Carlisle and Bury, despite saying that "nothing had changed" in an interview after the Carlisle game. Why did you then change the whole dynamic of the side by playing the totally immobile loanee Patrick Agyemang rather than one of our other options?" and "why have you not tried that line up/formation again since?"

"Wayne, why do we insist on bringing in poor to average loan players when our own players are crying out for some game time to gain match fitness or get some valuable experience at this level?"

"Wayne, I've been coming here for a long time before you came, and will be here a long time after you have gone, same as most of the people in this room. What gives you the right to get angry about being asked a few difficult questions when the football club is so obviously struggling on and off the field at the moment?"

"Tommo, paraphrasing, you were reported in an interview as having said that given the club's financial budget, that our goal each season is to finish 22nd in League Two. Is this really the total extent of our ambition, and if so, why would people pay to watch us?"

"Tommo/Dave the Plumber, what other Football League club would stay with a manager that has as poor a record as Wayne Burnett does over the last 14 months?"

"Tommo/Dave the Plumber, given the club is always struggling to balance the books, and one of the best earners available to us is a decent cup run, why was the manager not given a "win or be fired" warning before the Southport FA Cup tie?" and "given the game went to a replay, and we knew that we had another non-league opponent at home in the second round, opening up the possibility of a proper money earner in the third round, why was the manager not given a "win or be fired" warning before the replay?"

"Tommo/Dave the Plumber, given the cut price season tickets and myriad complimentary tickets and other offers being dished out, how much are we actually taking on average on the gate for our home games, is this damaging our cash flow, and what is the trend over season?"

"Panel, football is an entertainment business and our home record and a good number of the performances since the end of November 2013 are frankly shameful. Long term, committed fans, both season ticket holders and the more casual attendees are now finding excuses to not come and experience the dismal spectacle of the Daggers failing to win, or even show much fight in games at Victoria Road. Why have we not done something about this?"

"Panel, a wise man once said "To be a Dagger is something special, it means you have something about you. Not just ability, you have got to have something that makes you want to work hard and fulfil your potential. Daggers never give up, never stop." Is that still true or did it end when John Still left the club?"

Any more for any more?
ChazmanQ

Can home fans be given the opportunity to sit in the TBS for every home game?

The stand is never normally more than 1/4 full and I for one would happily pay a couple extra £1 to have a decent view of the game
bearaab

ARNU wrote:

Despite what I just wrote do you really think I was advocating any other course of action ?
The forum will not achieve anything or produce any answers we don't already know or expect.

Why would you go other than to bully a man clearly nearing the end of his time with us anyway?
The fact that you laugh at your own jokes when no one else is laughing sums you up perfectly.
bloke down the pub

W.B. and his coaching staff are bad at their job ,yet dont get moved on . How many other club staff are in the same position ? Are we a club of no hopers
ARNU

bearaab wrote:
ARNU wrote:

The fact that you laugh at your own jokes when no one else is laughing sums you up perfectly.

I was laughing at you.
admin
Site Admin

bloke down the pub wrote:W.B. and his coaching staff are bad at their job ,yet dont get moved on . How many other club staff are in the same position ? Are we a club of no hopers
I've heard a lot of people say "we can't afford to sack the current management" but I feel the club fail to realise is that, it will cost us more money if we get relegated (in which I think we will under the current management)
Mikins

We've moved on two young players this season because it's felt they had no future here and continued signing or loaning in players considered not good enough for other league 2 squads, can we assume the days of polishing up diamonds are now behind us?

And should we be even remotely surprised neither the club captain or current captain have signed contract extensions when it seems obvious you can do almost anything and not get fired around here? (Well management anyway)
Sorry about your damn luck!
matt_drfc

admin wrote:
bloke down the pub wrote:W.B. and his coaching staff are bad at their job ,yet dont get moved on . How many other club staff are in the same position ? Are we a club of no hopers
I've heard a lot of people say "we can't afford to sack the current management" but I feel the club fail to realise is that, it will cost us more money if we get relegated (in which I think we will under the current management)
"The club fail to realise", of course, what you've said hasn't crossed their mind at all, has it. Christ.