Fans Forum

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

matt_drfc wrote:
admin wrote:
bloke down the pub wrote:W.B. and his coaching staff are bad at their job ,yet dont get moved on . How many other club staff are in the same position ? Are we a club of no hopers
I've heard a lot of people say "we can't afford to sack the current management" but I feel the club fail to realise is that, it will cost us more money if we get relegated (in which I think we will under the current management)
"The club fail to realise", of course, what you've said hasn't crossed their mind at all, has it. Christ.
Ok then, simple question, in your opinion, why haven't the board sacked Wayne Burnett? What is there reasoning behind this? The only reason I can think of is, they can't afford it. I don't know for sure, but it's an educated guess. I'm not claiming to be an expert on how to run a football club but a lot of fans feel that it's time for him to move on, so why are the board still backing him?
matt_drfc

admin wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
admin wrote:I've heard a lot of people say "we can't afford to sack the current management" but I feel the club fail to realise is that, it will cost us more money if we get relegated (in which I think we will under the current management)
"The club fail to realise", of course, what you've said hasn't crossed their mind at all, has it. Christ.
Ok then, simple question, in your opinion, why haven't the board sacked Wayne Burnett? What is there reasoning behind this? The only reason I can think of is, they can't afford it. I don't know for sure, but it's an educated guess. I'm not claiming to be an expert on how to run a football club but a lot of fans feel that it's time for him to move on, so why are the board still backing him?

1) There has to be a majority vote on the board, it's not just one person that decides, so I assume the majority hasn't been reached yet.

2) Maybe they see nothing wrong at the moment, maybe they believe that we will turn it around and do what is the initial aim, staying up.

It really isn't out of this world to see those as being possible reasons. That's my opinion.
admin
Site Admin

That's fine, I understand all to well it's a majority vote and the majority has to be reached.

However I don't feel he will turn it around. We didn't score a single goal during December, we went out of the FA Cup to Southport (for the record, we should of had a good trip to Derby in the 3rd round), the crowds are getting lower as well and will continue to fall. Our average crowds are lower than 2000, we are outsung every week, we could have Luton come down and outnumber us at home, we have the rest of the league mocking us. At this rate, we are team and club who don't deserve league football unless we buck up our ideas. No other club in this league would have tolerated this.

Simple science - if we play poor football/don't get results - people won't pay to watch and has a knock on effect and the club loses money. Obviously there's a bit more to it than that, but the club need to start taking note before we dig ourselves a bigger hole, it's time to act now.
matt_drfc

Well the fans forum is there for you to say all of that, ok you might not get the greatest answer but it's the only place it will be taken notice of it seems.
admin
Site Admin

matt_drfc wrote:Well the fans forum is there for you to say all of that, ok you might not get the greatest answer but it's the only place it will be taken notice of it seems.
I'm gutted that I'm working that night, otherwise I would come along. It would have been nice to say something along those lines but like you say, I doubt I'll get the greatest response anyway and by saying it, it wouldn't of achieved much.
bearaab

People need to stop banging on about Southport. Upsets happen. Chelsea lost to Bradford, Man City lost to Middlesboro and Dagenham lost to Southport. Yes, we're crap in the league, moan about that.
Adrian

bearaab wrote:People need to stop banging on about Southport. Upsets happen. Chelsea lost to Bradford, Man City lost to Middlesboro and Dagenham lost to Southport. Yes, we're crap in the league, moan about that.
Why should people stop banging on about Southport? It isn'y about it being an upset. If Southport had played out of their skins and beat us, then most wouldn't have minded. If they'd put up a real gutsy backs to the wall defensive performance and then nicked the win on a counter, most wouldn't have minded. It wasn't that we lost to a team from a lower division. It was the manner in which we lost that is why that game is brought up.
bloke down the pub

Ok then, simple question, in your opinion, why haven't the board sacked Wayne Burnett? What is there reasoning behind this? The only reason I can think of is, they can't afford it. I don't know for sure, but it's an educated guess. I'm not claiming to be an expert on how to run a football club but a lot of fans feel that it's time for him to move on, so why are the board still backing him?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Seems the BOARD must be bad at their jobs. The players are poor but would do better with a real manager and coaching staff. If I were a pro footballer I dont think I would want to indanger my career playing for Dagenham under these people.
bearaab

Adrian wrote:
bearaab wrote:People need to stop banging on about Southport. Upsets happen. Chelsea lost to Bradford, Man City lost to Middlesboro and Dagenham lost to Southport. Yes, we're crap in the league, moan about that.
Why should people stop banging on about Southport? It isn'y about it being an upset. If Southport had played out of their skins and beat us, then most wouldn't have minded. If they'd put up a real gutsy backs to the wall defensive performance and then nicked the win on a counter, most wouldn't have minded. It wasn't that we lost to a team from a lower division. It was the manner in which we lost that is why that game is brought up.
Because we've played just as shit in many far more important league games.
admin
Site Admin

bearaab wrote:
Adrian wrote:
In a way, it was a vital game. It was a potential confidence builder, worth a lot of money for getting to the 2nd/3rd round and could have lead to an away game against Derby
Adrian

bearaab wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Some vague display of competence against Southport could have helped put a decent sum ofor money in the bank. Instead we rolled over to a team our own website described as poor.
A cup run, even a small one can be very beneficial to a club like ours. I think that particular point in time is a very good indication of a pointhough in time which showed what a mess we are in.
Mike the Dagger

Adrian wrote:
bearaab wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Some vague display of competence against Southport could have helped put a decent sum ofor money in the bank. Instead we rolled over to a team our own website described as poor.
A cup run, even a small one can be very beneficial to a club like ours. I think that particular point in time is a very good indication of a pointhough in time which showed what a mess we are in.
This ^^

It was an obvious time for the board to draw a line in the sand for Burnett, win or bust, especially after the draw offered us another non-league team at home in round two.

Instead he was allowed to stay on and the following week we beat Carlisle, which was followed by that bizarre interview and he's still here.
Alan

Is there any point in this fans forum? We all know the excuses that will be pedalled.

I think the only ones who don't think Burnett should be put out of his (and our) misery are a slim majority of the board. He should have been sacked after the pathetic displays against Southport.

It leaves you to ask, how bad has it got to get for the board to change the management team?
Auntie Merge

I think the other issue is that those of us that are really unhappy don't see the point of going to the fans forum to listen to the same old excuses. And then the club saying, 'oh everyone at the forum agreed with us'.

It would be a different story if Mike the Dagger, Alan and me turned up. Maybe we should to give the panel a hard time?
Mike the Dagger

I'm hoping to go next week, work permitting.