For those fans who want to generate a better atomsphere

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

I've been looking at what other clubs have done to help in generate a better atmosphere at their games. A lot of clubs in league 2 and outside league 2 have a form of supporters group which is dedicated to just helping the atmosphere at games. For example (as much as I dislike them) Southend have a group called The Blue Voice which has generated about 250 members. They have their own seperate section of the ground where fans can achieve this. Other clubs around us do similar things (Oxford and Aldershot spring to mind). So it makes me think, why can't we do this sort of thing, what's stopping us. Now would be perfect time to arrange this as the team need the support more than ever.

The benefits to this would be, a better atmosphere at home and maybe away games and could even lead to helping the fan base a bit as people would enjoy coming to our games more. It may even help to motivate the players.

I doubt this post will get much (if any) support, but it's just a quick thought.
Dagger Steve

If could get anywhere near to getting it off the ground, think it's a very decent idea.

Also if we have a "collective" like this, it could help provide a more vocal noise to issues at the time.
Mikins

I'd certainly be for it, I'll freely admit I'm not great at starting chants but I'll always get behind them and I think we all need to realise whether we love or hate the management team they won't be changing, so we may as well sing ourselves hoarse along the way so we've done our part if nothing else
Sorry about your damn luck!
The Romford Dagger

Agree that a group like this would be good. If the cheltenham tbs idea works, the group is well worth starting as it would clearly have some support.
ChazmanQ

Great to see another positive thread re. Atmosphere at games

I would be fully behind this idea. As Romford Dagger has already said, start in the TBS vs Cheltenham and see how it goes. At the fans forum maybe someone could float the idea of having the far left (as you look at it) of the TBS designated to home fans from next season

This could be the home of the unofficial signing section
ChazmanQ

Also, get this idea on the FB page
EastLDN

Yes gotta be done!! 'We are the daggers boys! Sing up and make some noise!!'
The Romford Dagger

It's going on fb page the person running it told me when I asked if they could help with the quest
ChazmanQ

I know it's all on the other thread it let's not forget that tomorrow is a positive effort to have a great atmosphere. If we do our bit, hopefully the players will do theirs
The Romford Dagger

ChazmanQ wrote:I know it's all on the other thread it let's not forget that tomorrow is a positive effort to have a great atmosphere. If we do our bit, hopefully the players will do theirs
Well said... I almost feel that some people hope it doesn't work just to say I told you so and have something to moan about
mickeyblue

Am gutted
I have to work but good news is only home games ive missed we have won
but we finished 9th!