Cheltenham Attendance

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

admin wrote:Of course results play a massive part and people won't pay £18 to watch a disappointing performance. If you live quite far away from the ground (like myself) then it's more of a deteriant. However I'm convinced we need to do a lot more in terms of advertising. If you compare what we do to the other clubs at our level, then we are a long way behind. So it's a bit of both really because our attendances weren't exactly brilliant when we were playing well.

Like I said earlier, it will be embarrassing it we don't get at least 3000 tomorrow (however I don't realistically think we will get that, so that is pretty poor)
I'm not doubting what you're saying here, but genuine question, give me an example of what other clubs at our level do that's much more effective than what we do?
Lcbdagger

matt_drfc wrote:
admin wrote:Of course results play a massive part and people won't pay £18 to watch a disappointing performance. If you live quite far away from the ground (like myself) then it's more of a deteriant. However I'm convinced we need to do a lot more in terms of advertising. If you compare what we do to the other clubs at our level, then we are a long way behind. So it's a bit of both really because our attendances weren't exactly brilliant when we were playing well.

Like I said earlier, it will be embarrassing it we don't get at least 3000 tomorrow (however I don't realistically think we will get that, so that is pretty poor)
I'm not doubting what you're saying here, but genuine question, give me an example of what other clubs at our level do that's much more effective than what we do?
Would never argue about the advertising but we are discussing this in the midst of fans on a forum talking about our manager getting the tin tack, people not renewing season tickets next year and those who have them this season not bothering to go to games even though they have paid to see them up front??? None of this encourages us to think there will be huge attendances off the back of a cheap game... even if we had 4000 tomorrow we would be back to 1500 home fans next time around after another lifeless performance
The Romford Dagger

Lcbdagger wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:

Would never argue about the advertising but we are discussing this in the midst of fans on a forum talking about our manager getting the tin tack, people not renewing season tickets next year and those who have them this season not bothering to go to games even though they have paid to see them up front??? None of this encourages us to think there will be huge attendances off the back of a cheap game... even if we had 4000 tomorrow we would be back to 1500 home fans next time around after another lifeless performance
The saddest part of this is that not one bit if this post is exaggerated...
hockley dagger

Southend have billboards on the A127 advertising up coming games. Simple but effective
Adrian

Pondfield Dagger wrote:can't someone from the club, tommo or someone go to dagenham east station, and ask them to include `Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club` on a platform sign, similar to what they have at upton park station....
Of course they can go and ask. They'll more than likely be told that it's nothing to do with the staff at Dagenham East and to contact the right people. They can then contact TfL and told just how much it will cost to do something like that.

The signs at Upton Park are there to guide a lot of people out of the station and avoid problems - they're as much for Tfls benefit as West Hams. When we're getting the sort of crowds that West Ham do, maybe TfL will be interested in putting signs up.
matt_drfc

matt_drfc wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:There are loads of advertising ideas i'm sure the Board are aware of... if you really want decent attendances though, get some decent results at Home!
This is it, you can do all the advertising you like but the only thing that really attracts people is a winning team. People in the area are aware we are here, but if the results are poor, people won't come.

Attendance on this event last season was 3357 which was pretty good actually, but the season before it was 2289. Tomorrow, I'm guessing 2700.
2696 not a bad shout
Diggerthedog

2500 home fans when tickets are that chaps is awful. Time to stop doing these games we must be losing money.
hockley dagger

I suspect the club get some sort of grant from Kick It Out or the Football League to do this - although I might be wrong. 2500 home fans is disappointing - you'd hope to get that every week at this level
ARNU

hockley dagger wrote:I suspect the club get some sort of grant from Kick It Out or the Football League to do this - although I might be wrong. 2500 home fans is disappointing - you'd hope to get that every week at this level
If the team hadn't been so shite and maintained league 1 status we would have had that as an average at least by now. It was odd seeing the terraces full behind me today,selfishly it gave me the ump, people keep bumping into me and getting in the way.The amount of West ham scarves and Tottenham shirts was a bit weird too.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:
hockley dagger wrote:I suspect the club get some sort of grant from Kick It Out or the Football League to do this - although I might be wrong. 2500 home fans is disappointing - you'd hope to get that every week at this level
If the team hadn't been so shite and maintained league 1 status we would have had that as an average at least by now. It was odd seeing the terraces full behind me today,selfishly it gave me the ump, people keep bumping into me and getting in the way.The amount of West ham scarves and Tottenham shirts was a bit weird too.
I was unable to occupy by usual space and got moaned at for standing infront of someone seconds half the said it under there breath. Will they be there next game? No. Will I bother the next such game? No.
Mikins

I think they said there were about 2400+ home fans yesterday.compared to recent times that's a good turnout regardless of the price they paid.
Sorry about your damn luck!
Lcbdagger

I did have a chuckle at the cheer from the Sieve as the Tottenham score came in... and the people around me who completely missed the penalty for us as they were having a chat about West Ham...

At least it added numbers to the gate I guess :roll: