Massive Result

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
hockley dagger

It looked dodgy to me - and leaves us with a striker shortage with Yussuf presumably struggling with his shoulder?
redboy

Great result is an exaggeration. Cheltenham were poor but you can only beat what's put in front of you. My fear is what that team can do against better opponents. Batt is woeful, although made a great tackle in first half. Why didn't Abs play at FB? Cureton and Murphy doesn't work for me, I just hope that Jakubiak stays a little longer. Not sure what has happened to Hemmings, why was he dormant first half of season? There are signs of improvement but the same can be said about Tranny, the Monkey Hangers and Carlisle. Let's enjoy Saturday night though and look forward to York.
Lcbdagger

Would help if we made more use of Hemmings before the last 20 minutes of games... 90% of the first half seemed to go through Batt who offered nothing going forward and was an absolute liability at the back!

Loved the effort from Jakubiak today but the boy runs too fast for his own good sometimes... at least four times today he went past a man but the ball went a yard behind him. Interesting to see if we get a fit Doidge back from his Loan if Rhys is out for a month or so
NickMurphy

Great result isn't an exaggeration! Great performance perhaps. Glad to see the comments from the game are largely positive anyway aside from Batt. Just need to keep it going, a run of four or five unbeaten with say three wins will do us no end of good with the league being so inconsistent at the moment.
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
ARNU wrote:One season wonder !

We'll stay up without him,and watch the offers flood in from the premiership for him in the summer.Not !

Tap in v Bury is his entire contribution this year.

Why was his goal disallowed today ?
Do we have to kick a man when he is down FFS. The lad is clearly injured and from what I am hearing it's not looking to good
If he's injured he shouldn't be playing.Bit rich from you Sussex,we dont normally disagree but your venomous comments re Obrien are way worse than anything ive ever said about Murphy.You kicked the shit out of the poor fella and still do despite him having little or no chance of getting back in the team.If you dont like someone you are quite vicious in your attacks.Agyemang being another.

Murphy for whatever reason was poor today Im not sure well ever get him back how he was last season and if he cant regain that form then hes useless to us,like today.

1 block by Batt today Diggerthedog was the least he could do considering how many times he endangered our goal with his messing around. Sorry but he aint doing it for me,he is the weakest link.Id have put Abs on at RB as soon as he ****** up early on with a near fatal cock up nearly gifting their forward the ball from a position of safety.Farting around with the ball instead of getting rid.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagger Steve

Don't know how you can single out Murphy over any other player during the 1st half. especially such an unfair attack at that.
ARNU

Dagger Steve wrote:Don't know how you can single out Murphy over any other player during the 1st half. especially such an unfair attack at that.
I suppose I expect to much of him now as he's been built up as the saviour of the club based on a good half season last year.Yet I find him quite flawed and sometimes anonymous.He has an eye for goal and his performances last year were great though I felt he fell away shortly before his injury last term.Same with Hines.Was he worse than anyone else today ? No,I accept that.But I don't think he was any better than anyone else today either and if you are built up so highly by the manager and others and then your performances are quite mundane it sticks out.

Im not saying hes a bad player,Im questioning whether he's really that special.He wasn't today and he hasn't been since his return bar the tap in v Bury.
Mikins

In his defence he scored a good goal at a tight angle that looked onside and pulled up with a groin strain straight after, as far as I'm concerned he hasn't earned any criticism.

Batt on the other hand is the worst right back I have seen us have since Phil Awful. He only stays on the pitch because we don't have anyone able to replace him (and Abu won't go back, end of discussion)
Sorry about your damn luck!
matt_drfc

We do seriously need to get in a new right back. If we do, I can't see any position where we are particularly weak.
Dagger Steve

Yeah but you're aware his return has been from long term injury. Its way too early to be crictising him for not being what we would consider his best.
ARNU

Dagger Steve wrote:Yeah but you're aware his return has been from long term injury. Its way too early to be crictising him for not being what we would consider his best.
So you saying he should get a pass for being below par or anonymous ??
Surely If hes not yet good/fit enough to start then he should be on the bench or out on loan like Goldberg "getting playing time".Jacubiak wasn't anonymous today and I think things changed as soon as he came on and its no surprise to me that he scored too.

Because Woodall had a good season were we wrong to point out that he was a complete lemon in the following ones ?? I don't think so.
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
ARNU wrote:One season wonder !

We'll stay up without him,and watch the offers flood in from the premiership for him in the summer.Not !

Tap in v Bury is his entire contribution this year.

Why was his goal disallowed today ?
Do we have to kick a man when he is down FFS. The lad is clearly injured and from what I am hearing it's not looking to good
If he's injured he shouldn't be playing.Bit rich from you Sussex,we dont normally disagree but your venomous comments re Obrien are way worse than anything ive ever said about Murphy.You kicked the shit out of the poor fella and still do despite him having little or no chance of getting back in the team.If you dont like someone you are quite vicious in your attacks.Agyemang being another.

Murphy for whatever reason was poor today Im not sure well ever get him back how he was last season and if he cant regain that form then hes useless to us,like today.

1 block by Batt today Diggerthedog was the least he could do considering how many times he endangered our goal with his messing around. Sorry but he aint doing it for me,he is the weakest link.Id have put Abs on at RB as soon as he ****** up early on with a near fatal cock up nearly gifting their forward the ball from a position of safety.Farting around with the ball instead of getting rid.
Sorry Arnu just so frustrated for the lad . If you had seen him second half at Cambridge you would have thought he was at last getting back . He ran his bollocks off and his link up play was good. It was obvious from early on he had a problem today.

At least he has shown me something unlike those other clowns I told you all way back in August Batt lookedx a tool and as that other clown who masquerades as a Keeper every time I see him he gets worse the latest being the ESC game against Concord
Auntie Merge

Today was a massive result and was the first time in months that I felt (aside from the cold) that I didn't want to be elsewhere having tea and cake. Forgot the last time I went back to my mum's (Jam Tarts, Swiss Roll, Apple Pie and Chocolate Cake, if you are interested) after a game singing

Dagenham won at home! Dagenham won at home! Dagenham won at home! Dagenham won at home! Dagenham won at home! Dagenham won at home!

In fact, a few more performances like that and I will renew my Season Ticket. First time in ages I haven't come home more stressed and depressed than I left. We seemed to be able to pass a ball to each other, win crosses and WANT to win. Agree with the comments about Murphy being poor from the off. I hadnt actually realised he was on the pitch until the guy behind me said he was poor.

The bottom of the table now looks very interesting, and add to that Accrington look to be in freefall, we could be in a much better position come the beginning of March. York away and Portsmouth at home are critical wins we need to get. Think all the games that follow are also teams around us, COYD.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Can't believe how fickle some of our fans are . It was only a good result the performance was nothing to write home about and if we ever meet a poorer team then that lot we are already safe. We have played far better and not won.

Still can't believe the goalkeeper saves the penalty got it away from his goal not only is Cureton first to the ball he can take two touches to put it in the net . If that was the other way round you would rightfully be asking how's he allowed to do that.

Seconds before our third only a fantastic tackle by Ayo saves us from them being clean through on our goal and another 2 points lost.

As well as Luke Howell played what the hell is he doing on the right side of midfield,obviously it is to accommodate the luxury that is Bouchard who's shortcomings will be ruthlessly exposed when we play somebody half decent.

Luke Howell is wasted in that role and if you want a punt on somebody to make a fist of it at Right Back to displace the disaster that is Batt then how about him. He played there for MK for a while. If he has to play on the right hand side of the pitch in order to accomadate the fancy dans.

Every time we ran at them we looked far more like it but instead of working that out we continued to smash the ball forward up to our tiny Centre forward. Who continues to cry for it on the deck.

Good result no denying but still painfull to watch.
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lupins

Though I agree with a lot of that I can't agree with your comments about Bouchard

One of the only players who will always be willing to accept a ball even when he is under pressure, annoying habit of passing to his own Team, even back yes rather than give it away and seems to me to put in a decent shift

Not perfect or wouldn't be here but to me a good player