What is our best option for right back for the next game?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

1) sign a first choice right back
2) move Abu to right back
3) keep batt there
4) sign a right back for the bench and keep batt there for another chance
5) 3 at the back
6) other... Please elaborate?

For me it has to be abu at right back
Dagger83

Abu hasn't played for weeks. Not a chance he's playing RB.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Richie

Partridge (if fit obviously)
matt_drfc

Don't think either Partridge or Batt are good enough tbh. But at least Partridge appears to give it everything and wants to be here.

Ogogo is interesting, he clearly doesn't want to play there, can't really blame him, but as the midfield is alright currently, I'd like to see him go back there just to help us out. Doubt he will though..
ARNU

Id rather have Abs giving it 200% at right back than the other 2 clowns.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

Ogogo won't be playing right back. EVER. Get over it.
Mikins

We can all agree that Abs is the best choice, but he doesn't want to play there and hasn't for 3 years now, and maybe after all that time adapting to life in midfield he's not as sharp an RB as he was.

Personally I would have signed someone else as soon as porter was off the books.neither that we have are fast enough, composed enough or technically good enough for this league and just like with Connors, teams will keep exploiting him as our weak spot.
Sorry about your damn luck!
Lcbdagger

As cynical as it sounds, Batt needed a bit of time out with injury and we may have seen someone come in... Connors took a knock when his confidence was low and we saw Widdowson come in... sadly the RB situation won't be sorted out given poor form alone, despite Partridge not being fit.

Wouldn't worry about Batt if we didn't seem to play everything through him... in the first half the ball hardly went down the left unless it was a diagonal batt from Batt or Howell over to Hemmings... if we switched play then Batt could be kept out of the game a bit more
ARNU

bearaab wrote:Ogogo won't be playing right back. EVER. Get over it.
Are you saying that with the same certainty that you thought D'ath was shit and would keep getting sent off ??

Maybe you could watch what he did for Northampton on last nights FLS on your parents telly or something.
bearaab

I never said D'ath was shit and would keep getting sent off. You're the biggest child I've ever seen on the internet so well done trying to accuse me of it.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:I never said D'ath was shit and would keep getting sent off. You're the biggest child I've ever seen on the internet so well done trying to accuse me of it.
More name calling.

I read your post in the other thread,you seemed to be saying D'ath wasn't all that and he'd get sent off.Someone else pulled you on it before me.What did you mean then ?
bearaab

Read it again and you will understand.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:Read it again and you will understand.
I did. It reads like you think D'Ath would be a potential liability for getting sent off.Strangely I sort of thought that about him too as I had watched him get sent off for us before.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:
bearaab wrote:Read it again and you will understand.
I did. It reads like you think D'Ath would be a potential liability for getting sent off.Strangely I sort of thought that about him too as I had watched him get sent off for us before.
Is this the Northampton thread? Because the only post I can see from bearaab referencing D'Ath getting sent off is in response to Sussex giving it some because D'Ath happened to score a couple of goals yesterday.
It's a just a question to Sussex, which has no direct response from anyone else.
ARNU

That's cleared that up then.