So....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

What is your expectation now,where will we finish and where would WB have to finish for you to give him a new contract ?

Im feeling quite good after recent games.And maybe the message has got thru,you need lows to appreciate the highs afterall.

I reckon we'll finish 14th and anything 18th or above and he gets another contract.

54 points was enough for 18th last season.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lot depends on this week Arnu. Ayo loan is up and is a must for us to have him renew IMO.
Last six games we have played the best the average and worst of this league and have gone for an average of half a goal a game. That sort of defensive record will take you a long way if we can just improve at the other end of pitch as you at least give yourself half a chance .

Sometimes you don't need to do much yourself when you keep the ball out your own net to get a result,only needs a howler by an opponent or a dodgy Ref decision and you are in.

I predicted 15th or 16th a couple of weeks ago and was told I was deluded so that Person must think you are a complete lunatic ,but I can see were you are coming from.

Keep Cureton going and get a decent wide man in to play on the opposite flank to Hemmings and I think we have a good last third of season to look forward to. It won't be pretty but I am confident that result wise we will mass enough points by digging out results.
Diggerthedog

My expectations are the same, we have had a run of games wih ok results but let's not forget the first half Saturday and the two years that preceded that.

We may scrape survival but regardless of where we finish now we need to change or the atmosphere won't improve. I just can't see a future with us and the current regime that won't end in failure.
its all good

One thing I really noticed on Saturday was that the team were really working for each other and 'hunting in packs' to win the ball when we didn't have it
That's usually a sign of good team spirit
Earlier in the season I thought we rarely looked like scoring but we are creating chances now too
Lcbdagger

With the transfer window closing I would love to see Ayo secured until the Summer then no month to month worries about him being called back... beyong that it depends largely on how injury free we stay... if Yusuff and Rhys are out for any period of time, we are suddenly back to struggling for goals, despite complaining previously that we didn't need to buy more strikers.

Hoping Jakubiak stays
Dagger83

If we renew Obileye's loan it'll be for the season won't it? Isn't there a rule saying that 3 strikes and that's it?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Mark

Not for a youth loan afaik
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:My expectations are the same, we have had a run of games wih ok results but let's not forget the first half Saturday and the two years that preceded that.

We may scrape survival but regardless of where we finish now we need to change or the atmosphere won't improve. I just can't see a future with us and the current regime that won't end in failure.
Agree with that.

We have been here before with a decent couple of results, only to drop the standards again and go on another run of miserableness.

The first half on Saturday was very poor again, we were better in the second, and had Jamie not have reacted as well as he did at the penalty it could easily have been another one of those days.
ARNU

We must accept that our team will lose occasionally,you cant sack a manager who loses occasionally.When it loses a lot we are right to be miserable and call for his head but right now hes doing ok again.I have noted that every single win we've had this season is generally because the other team are shit,I don't buy that.We won fair and square Saturday against a team who certainly looked lively,their Baldy midfielder ,their forward and the winger who tore Batt a new arse were no mugs.
WB if he has his head screwed on properly will take this season as a very powerfull lesson,one that I think all managers need to have if they are going to progress.
SUSSEX DAGGER

So you going to join the Wayne Burnett Barmy Platoon Arnu ?
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:We must accept that our team will lose occasionally,you cant sack a manager who loses occasionally.When it loses a lot we are right to be miserable and call for his head but right now hes doing ok again.I have noted that every single win we've had this season is generally because the other team are shit,I don't buy that.We won fair and square Saturday against a team who certainly looked lively,their Baldy midfielder ,their forward and the winger who tore Batt a new arse were no mugs.
WB if he has his head screwed on properly will take this season as a very powerfull lesson,one that I think all managers need to have if they are going to progress.
I don't think anyone believes we should win every game. Its about effort, spirit and entertainment for me. Daggers should give it a go. if they do that and lose, I'm happy with that.

Too often recently we just haven't done that.
ARNU

I agree Mike,its been terrible,Burnett should have been sacked after Southport but he wasn't but it is getting better now.There was a spitit about the team the other day that we haven't seen much at all with them this season,if that carries on and a mid table finish I'll settle for that.
Lcbdagger

If I missed the game I apologise but at what point on Saturday did we play anything other than mediocre other than the final ten minutes against a team who had a decent winner and literally nothing else to offer? A dodgy keeper, a left back so poor he wouldn't have displaced Connors at the start of the season and a midfield that couldn't create more than one or two decent chances all game even with Bingham and Howell in our midfield not putting a tackle in for ninety minutes??

The only team close to being as bad as Therese guys was Mansfield. This was a brilliant win when other teams around is win as well but we have turned no corners based on that ninety minutes performance alone
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Mark wrote:Not for a youth loan afaik
Sure about this? Cos I've got no idea and I'm a bit worried
Mark

If the player was 20 or under in July he can be signed on a youth loan without being subject to the max 93 day rule. He may not be on a youth loan past his 21st birthday (not an issue for Ayo as he turned 20 in Sept). He can of course be loaned in the standard window to window periods but doesn't look like we're getting that.