This is what happens with Abu at right back...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

That is all
leewilson

We had only lost 1 in 6 before today. Let's not overstate this. It's a plus but not the only reason we won.
The Romford Dagger

leewilson wrote:We had only lost 1 in 6 before today. Let's not overstate this. It's a plus but not the only reason we won.

Fair point granted.

But apparently we were looking like comfortably winning for most of the second half with no fear of an infamous batt c0ck up
ChazmanQ

Hopefully we will see the same line up on Tuesday
SUSSEX DAGGER

You could have played me Right back and the result would have been the same. We never looked on any danger a fantastic effort,we'll done boss you got it absoloute bang on today not that you will get any credit for it.
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:You could have played me Right back and the result would have been the same. We never looked on any danger a fantastic effort,we'll done boss you got it absoloute bang on today not that you will get any credit for it.
As you know I haven't been a Burnett fan but in all fairness he deserves credit for this good run were on.

Good work Wayne! Let's keep the good results coming!
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:You could have played me Right back and the result would have been the same. We never looked on any danger a fantastic effort,we'll done boss you got it absoloute bang on today not that you will get any credit for it.

Me too.Equally happy to dish out praise where its due.Without our moaning and dissatisfaction who knows we might well have been worse.Im pleased for WB to be honest.You can only admire people for facing their challenges.hes not totally out of it yet but he might well appreciate a song or two next home game.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

With Abu playing in what is surely his best position, that suddenly looks like a really decent team we have out there, not constantly worrying or panicking... no need to dig out Batt or Connors when they aren't playing but at 1-o I didn't for a second today feel we were going to throw the game away or go down to a defensive lapse as I have before.

Still not cheering on a new contract for the manager but fair play for a few great results since New Year... given our shocking 2014 Home form, maybe 2015 will put us back in promotion form? Here's (blindly) hoping!
leewilson

A back four of Ogogo----Ayo-----Doe------Widdowson looks good.

The sad part is that we could well get to August with none of them actually here. Ayo will be back at Charlton and I doubt he'll be loaned to a league 2 club again. Ogogo and Doe are out of contract and my gut suggests they're both of the age where they'll move on to maximise their career. And Widdowson is out of contract also, although I'd say he is the most likely of the four to sign.

Just as we find a solution, we're going to be looking for another soon (probably).
Lcbdagger

leewilson wrote:A back four of Ogogo----Ayo-----Doe------Widdowson looks good.

The sad part is that we could well get to August with none of them actually here. Ayo will be back at Charlton and I doubt he'll be loaned to a league 2 club again. Ogogo and Doe are out of contract and my gut suggests they're both of the age where they'll move on to maximise their career. And Widdowson is out of contract also, although I'd say he is the most likely of the four to sign.

Just as we find a solution, we're going to be looking for another soon (probably).
Will be a disappointment if Abu goes but Doe will be a huge one for me... had a few shockers in his time but he will be really hard to replace as he has a habit of pulling good games out of most partners at the back, even if they aren't always amazing on their own.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:we'll done boss you got it absoloute bang on today not that you will get any credit for it.
Oh, the irony.