Great result

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Well done boys a great result today. And a special mention to Wayne who rightly or wrongly came in for some stick a while ago, well done indeed.
A couple of weeks ago I would have expected burton to come down and murder us this coming weekend, now I'm very much optimistic. Well done lads great result and the fans who made the long journey, have a safe one home. :)
ARNU

Rightly came in for stick and rightly being congratulated for a fantastic run of games now.I hope he enjoys the good times as much as he hated the bad ones !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bloke down the pub

Still Out
matt_drfc

bloke down the pub wrote:Still Out
He left 2 years ago pal.
The Romford Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:
He left 2 years ago pal.

You beat me to it..
bloke down the pub

The Romford Dagger wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
He left 2 years ago pal.

You beat me to it..

OK. Still W.B. OUT .
dagger4eva

ARNU wrote:Rightly came in for stick and rightly being congratulated for a fantastic run of games now.I hope he enjoys the good times as much as he hated the bad ones !

Agreed with this wholeheartedly.

Never have wanted Wayne or any previous or future manager to fail and never will.

Circumstances were as such that a change seemed the only viable way to resolve things. As it is, it APPEARS as though our boards faith or unwillingness to act may turn out to be equally influential in us staying up.

As for looking past this season and whether Wayne should remain in charge... I guess that would be for a future discussion once the final whistle has been blown at Exeter

In terms of yesterday though it was a really great result and sounded thoroughly deserved according to the commentary.

Have to be optimistic going into the Burton game now!!
Kevin

ARNU wrote:Rightly came in for stick and rightly being congratulated for a fantastic run of games now.I hope he enjoys the good times as much as he hated the bad ones !
Indeed..the recent attitude from the team (making tackles with a bit of oomph, cutting out the fannying around at the back, hassling the opposition) has been good to see.

Sunday's result was a cracker - long may this decent run continue!
Lcbdagger

Kevin wrote:
Indeed..the recent attitude from the team (making tackles with a bit of oomph, cutting out the fannying around at the back, hassling the opposition) has been good to see.

Sunday's result was a cracker - long may this decent run continue!
Agree to a degree although Boucard in particular still has a terrifying flick or cruyff turn in his when he's 20 yards from goal to get everyone's heart racing... he just seems to be better at the moment as not losing possession :lol:

The tackling ethos has been a massive change... especially in the midfield... tackles were at a massive Premium back again Tranmere in a game we know we never should have lost
SUSSEX DAGGER

Results often hide basic truth. Yesterday is a prime example ,did not speak to a Dagger yesterday who did not think that the ball had not gone out for a corner for thir first goal yesterday. That could have been a costly mistake by the Lino and affected the result.

It's our attitude desire and resolve that has been there recently especially the last two away games.

Yesterday until the decision went against us we looked in control of the situation and we did so again at 2-1 and 3-1 . The only disappointment to me was the last goal as it made it look a lot closer then it was ,again
Highlighting hiw results often cloud events that occured. Having seen every away game this season I think only twice have I left somewhere disappointed and that was Plymouth and Northampton every other time I thought we'll at least we gave it a go even at Southport.
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Results often hide basic truth. Yesterday is a prime example ,did not speak to a Dagger yesterday who did not think that the ball had not gone out for a corner for thir first goal yesterday. That could have been a costly mistake by the Lino and affected the result.

It's our attitude desire and resolve that has been there recently especially the last two away games.

Yesterday until the decision went against us we looked in control of the situation and we did so again at 2-1 and 3-1 . The only disappointment to me was the last goal as it made it look a lot closer then it was ,again
Highlighting hiw results often cloud events that occured. Having seen every away game this season I think only twice have I left somewhere disappointed and that was Plymouth and Northampton every other time I thought we'll at least we gave it a go even at Southport.
A fantastic post shot out of the sky by a curious end to the last sentence
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Results often hide basic truth. Yesterday is a prime example ,did not speak to a Dagger yesterday who did not think that the ball had not gone out for a corner for thir first goal yesterday. That could have been a costly mistake by the Lino and affected the result.
On the flip side, Cureton looks just a tad offside for what ended up being the winner
matt_drfc

Negative Nigel returns.
SUSSEX DAGGER

There was no appeal from Morecambe players Adrian but then again there was not much from ours in both circumstances I would have expected there to be . Like a lot of Officals then linesman was often way behind play and it is becoming obvious that as the Players have got quicker and fitter the Officals have not.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lcbdagger wrote:

A fantastic post shot out of the sky by a curious end to the last sentence
We'll we created more there the. What we did at either Plymouth or Northampton when we did FA.

To this day I say the Southport game was lost at home where we created very little