Quick note for RadioStu & Mick

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:Today was the first time in a while I've felt more worried about a positive result from 1-0 up than I have at 0-0... Ben said anyway but they coated at 0-0.. the first goal gavethem a kick up the rear and they showed their class... Not unbeatable but will certainly go up automatically. Disappointed to lose but want to see an immediate recovery next week. Three or four defeats in a row and suddenly we are back to having to prove why we won't go down
Because there are far worse teams then us three more wins could even be enough,
I think all the teams currentlybelow us will finish there, barring Tranmere... also think we could sneak ahead of Accrington so 11 points or so may well be enough (three wins and a couple of draws?) 48/49 pints may only put us 4th bottom come May but I think it's enough to keep clear of at least two other sides...

I'd be personally disappointed if we couldn't get 55+ points with the squad we have now all staying fit
Diggerthedog

The teams fighting for survival will pick up more points at the business end when the pack in the middle start packing summer suitcases like out flop at the back end of last season.

Still think minimum 50 points.
matt_drfc

Lcbdagger wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:Today was the first time in a while I've felt more worried about a positive result from 1-0 up than I have at 0-0... Ben said anyway but they coated at 0-0.. the first goal gavethem a kick up the rear and they showed their class... Not unbeatable but will certainly go up automatically. Disappointed to lose but want to see an immediate recovery next week. Three or four defeats in a row and suddenly we are back to having to prove why we won't go down
Because there are far worse teams then us three more wins could even be enough,
I think all the teams currentlybelow us will finish there, barring Tranmere... also think we could sneak ahead of Accrington so 11 points or so may well be enough (three wins and a couple of draws?) 48/49 pints may only put us 4th bottom come May but I think it's enough to keep clear of at least two other sides...

I'd be personally disappointed if we couldn't get 55+ points with the squad we have now all staying fit

48/49 pints would put me firmly on the bottom, on the floor, maybe even dead.
Lcbdagger

Haha the 49 pints would have been helpful after the last half hour today
hockley dagger

The team need 15 points as soon as they can them. I need 15 pints as soon as possible too - are they open yet?
Mark

Thought we did well to contain them for the first half, they clearly had more legs than us and worked very hard but didn't create much, mostly playing long to McGurk. We couldn't get going with Cureton isolated and them doubling up on our wingers.

Once we scored I was quite disappointed that we conceded so easily and also that we didn't respond to their change of shape. No idea what our subs were meant to achieve, they just made matters worse.

Think the lads will be annoyed not to hold out for a point as it was there for us, Burton are functional and will go up but they're not scary.
Dagdale

We can't kid ourselves here the better team won, and when we did take the lead and when they quickly equalized through awful defending not once but twice later on we lost our momentum and just simply collapsed, actually pretty awful finale in the end. Actually thought scoring that goal in the end became our downfall. Thought first half we held em quite well but one thing I noticed about the Brewers here if they lose the ball they're straight back on it to recoup and follow through, excellent example on how to become a good side at this level. Thought that three of their 'stars' who tore us apart Beavon, McGurk and that supersub El Khayati were superb, gosh knows what would have happened if he would have started the game from scratch? Mark C beats me how he never became our M.o.t.M again, two great saves at that time pretty crucial, hear WB wasn't in attendance so hopefully he'll stir the boys up again for the two tough ones at Mansfield and Tranmere, four points between these two ties would be a fantastic tonic. Overall walked away not completely down as we did put some effort in there and hope daggers boys learn from the later faults, but I suppose to find out that all lower sides lost except Tranmere made it slightly better to deal with, let's take good support up to Notts and the Wirrall and press on with a good showing. Forever daggers!
Don Beech 3

Was looking like a nailed on nil nil. Burton much better at pressing when they didn't have the ball but didn't look like scoring. Then McCrory decided to take a heavy touch and as soon as they were 1 down they switched to 3 up top and upped the ante. We should have adjusted and I think on the 2nd goal you could see no one was picking up the extra man. Odd it took them gong a goal down to wake them up but they are now top of the league and looked a solid outfit
NickMurphy

Agree with everyone else really, our goal spurred them into life and they looked like a side that will get promoted out of this division of mediocrity with relative ease. That El Khayati made all the difference after he was brought on, clearly has some quality about him and I imagine, although I don't know for sure obviously, the lure of Hasselbaink will have brought him over. Typical of McCrory to score against us as well.

Wasn't too disheartened after the defeat, certainly not to the point of when I watched us against Shrewsbury 3/4 months ago. We'll be fine I reckon.
stanton101

Personally I'd have brought on saah put him in doe's position, stick doe at right back and move abu in to a five man midfield and took off jamie leaving alex up front on his own. That might have stopped that el whatisface running the show. But there you go hindsight is a wonderful thing :D
Mike the Dagger

stanton101 wrote:Personally I'd have brought on saah put him in doe's position, stick doe at right back and move abu in to a five man midfield and took off jamie leaving alex up front on his own. That might have stopped that el whatisface running the show. But there you go hindsight is a wonderful thing :D
Saah? If he is the solution, we have a real problem ;)
stanton101

Mike the Dagger wrote:
stanton101 wrote:Personally I'd have brought on saah put him in doe's position, stick doe at right back and move abu in to a five man midfield and took off jamie leaving alex up front on his own. That might have stopped that el whatisface running the show. But there you go hindsight is a wonderful thing :D
Saah? If he is the solution, we have a real problem ;)
I see your point mike but we definitely needed to try something different once they equalised, at one point they were practically walking up to our box. Our midfield looked knackered and jamie may has well have stood in the sieve and had a cup of tea.
DI Mike Dashwood

Saah!!! Oh yes, thats right, the bloke who played in a side which was roaring towards relegation. The same side that since him being left out has lost two in 10 (I stand to be corrected if that is wrong). Thats not me knocking Saah, just saying people need a bit of perspective.

They are top, they are top after 32 games for a reason. For nearly 70 minutes we matched them. We had a bit of luck and took our chance well, but we were not being totally outplayed. They then stepped up their game and won 3-1.

I have been first to say when our home performances have been poor, but I thought we did ok on Saturday. This was not Stevenage or Tranmere, this was a team top of the table (or 2nd when the game started). I think while we are all right to have been a bit fed up this season, it would be harsh to be over critical on Saturday. Sometimes you get beaten by the better side.

I have said all I expect from our teams as a minimum is effort and endevaour and I think I saw that on Saturday so did not come away to fed up really.
SUSSEX DAGGER

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Saah!!! Oh yes, thats right, the bloke who played in a side which was roaring towards relegation. The same side that since him being left out has lost two in 10 (I stand to be corrected if that is wrong). Thats not me knocking Saah, just saying people need a bit of perspective.

They are top, they are top after 32 games for a reason. For nearly 70 minutes we matched them. We had a bit of luck and took our chance well, but we were not being totally outplayed. They then stepped up their game and won 3-1.

I have been first to say when our home performances have been poor, but I thought we did ok on Saturday. This was not Stevenage or Tranmere, this was a team top of the table (or 2nd when the game started). I think while we are all right to have been a bit fed up this season, it would be harsh to be over critical on Saturday. Sometimes you get beaten by the better side
I have said all I expect from our teams as a minimum is effort and endevaour and I think I saw that on Saturday so did not come away to fed up really.
Do you not think that the problem was not the CB Mike but two full backs one who was hit and miss a the other absoloute clueless of what a full backs job is. Says elsewhere you may see a better Brian Saah now that the full backs are a bit more solid and he won't be getting dragged all over the place as a result.

To me the answer was clear remove Boucgard switch Luke to Centre have Chambers out wide remove either JC or Alrx and chuck in Saah for 5 at the back the second goal looks dreadfull every time I see it
ARNU

Saah isn't the problem,people have short memories,he was a breath of fresh air when we got him and has been surrounded by Batt,Partridge,Green and even me I think where Wayne couldn't make his mind up who was playing where.This Obileye is a class act and no way will we keep him.Saah is ok...Id be ok if you put Abs Doe and Widdowson around me :lol:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !