Funny kid in the TBS stand..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

There was an 11 year old (thank that's what he said) that was in the TBS today starting chants off literally all game and starting 'digger Dagger' and kept going all game. He would often chant back at the button fans on his own and tell them to sit down,shut up etc. he was extremely funny.

However, when celebrating the goal he ran right up to the away fans and celebrated and apparently have the w**ker signal (although I didn't notice) but then some copper made him go down and have him a talking to... To which most people booed but when he came back up to his standing seat got a round of applause.

Anyway, thought id say that this kid was absolutely hilarious and if he is on here (probably unlikely).. Cheers for the entertainment. Many people found your chants extremely funny and dedication to singing which eventually led to more, albeit mostly kids, joining in wih some chants.
leewilson

Great
The Romford Dagger

I know it's not particularly interesting but I still thought I'd say it cos it cracked me up.
GdadSteve

That lad is 14, his name is Bailey and he is my Grandson. He has been a fan for 7 years now and can usually be heard in the Family Stand with his brother.

I sincerely hope he did not make gestures to the Burton fans but I will be having a word with him!

The stewards did not actually tell him off as they were enjoying his cheerleading too! What they actually did was ask him to stay close to the home fans as, if there were any morons in the away supporters who tried to attack him, they (the stewards) would not be able to reach him in time to help him out.

He does like a bit of banter and is up for a chant or two but there is no malice in him. You might have noticed him before when he joined you recently in you attempt at the Daggers "choir".

Steve
Last edited by GdadSteve on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matt_drfc

Romford Dagger is a grass.
The Romford Dagger

GdadSteve wrote:That lad is 14, his name is Bailey and he is my Grandson. He has been a fan for 7 years now and can usually be heard in the Family Stand with his brother.

I sincerely hope he did not make gestures to the Burton fans but I will be having a word with him!

The stewards did not actually tell him off as they were enjoying his cheerleading too! What they actually did was ask him to stay close to the home fans as, if there were any morons in the away supporters who tried to attack him, they (the stewards) would not be able to reach him in time to help him out.

He does like a bit of banter and is up for a chant or two but there is no malice in him. You might have noticed him before when he joined you recently in you attempt at the Daggers "choir".

Steve
Perhaps I mis heard him.. Thought he said he was 10 or 11. Feel abit bad that I may have grassed him up although as I said I myself never see him swear but someone near me said he gave them the w**ker sign.

He said to us that the policemen told him off. Haha he must've been joking.

Finally, could you tell him from me that I found him hilarious. Seemed a decent lad certainly and if he ever sees us up there (we have TBS combo ticket) he's welcome to come up and stand with us.
The Romford Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:Romford Dagger is a grass.

Think I've grassed him up here.. Albeit accidentally. Wasn't my intention at all
GdadSteve

Don't worry my friend! He sometimes gets carried away but he won't get into trouble from me!

He has been seen attending matches in a Tiger onesie and also dressed as a Martian.

The next time we will be in the TBS will be at the Hartlepool game.

Say hi if you see him.

BTW he is a mean magician!

Steve
DaggerSince92

GdadSteve wrote:
He has been seen attending matches in a Tiger onesie and also dressed as a Martian.

Steve

Stop this. Immediately. Embarrassing. Against Modern Football.
GdadSteve

Not half as embarrassing as some of the stuff seen on the pitch this season!

Steve
OBD

As others have said, the kid provided more entertainment than the 11 on the pitch did. He absolutely cracked me up.

Some of the muppet Burton fans who ran over to him after they scored were an absolute embarrassment.
@OfficialBigDave
stanton101

OBD wrote:As others have said, the kid provided more entertainment than the 11 on the pitch did. He absolutely cracked me up.

Some of the muppet Burton fans who ran over to him after they scored were an absolute embarrassment.
I saw that from where I was, big brave men as they are. :x
DaggerJoel11

I know him; I stand with him for ESC Matches (as we have tickets in different parts of the ground) and he is hilarious. We both were chanting to the Concord fans ''You can't afford Southend'' etc and giving him a tough time. He's brilliant; really a troublemaker but in a good way! Absolutely scum brewers who ran to him after Jaku's opener. Ridiculous.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ChazmanQ

See I'm of a totally different opinion

I take my 12 year old nephew to games and if was acting in such a provocative manner towards away fans I would be very disappointed (and probably going on my own for a few weeks after)

Fact is in 2-3 years time that sort of behaviour will be looked upon very differently. I'm all up for banter and the like but there is a line
Alan

I'm with Chazmanq on this.