The Dagger Match Programme

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

Have to say, that while ours is not best in League, and it could maybe do with some new ideas or freshening up, I don't think it is the worst either, and I would say it is on a par with most other Clubs in League Two??

I have to say, this is based upon games up to midway through last season. I stopped buying them then, home and away, as I would rather have another beer before the game with the money now, and mainly because I have nowhere to stor them. I have 3,000 in all (not all Daggers ones) and these are in 4 or 5 crates at my house and my parents house and they take up enough room as it is without adding new ones to them!!! I have said I will go through all these soon and any not holding any sentimental value I will give to the Daggers programme shop (task for this Saturday as I can't make Mansfield maybe)!!!

But as I say, I didn't stop buying ours because of the quality, and where I have bought one in last two seasons, or been given a free one when in sponsors lounge, I still think it is ok.

Maybe all of us could help Simmo has people have suggested on here, by helping to contribute some ideas and articles??
Auntie Merge

ARNU wrote:
DaggerJoel11 wrote:Thinking about it, why don't we reintroduce the matchday prediction fan vs player page? Seem to notice The Beautiful Game has gone missing aswell in last few weeks.
I'll do Merges one now then 6-0 Daggers !
Copycat ;)
Mikins

Certainly couldnt hurt having a transcript of some of the stuff from Daggers player in there could it?

I know the player costs as well but you get far more interviews/commentary/opinions from the players/staff on there than you do in the programme, and for people who think the players dont care etc, it certainly wouldnt hurt to see and hear something from them rather than just the standard two pages of Waynes
"Welcome to the LBBD, todays match is going to be a tough one against a well organised xxx side who are (in the hunt for promotion / fighting relegation) and then page from Abu saying "Yeah, mostly what the gaffer said, we're well up for this one etc."

we've got a squad of what, 20-25 players in total? and tbh I doubt i've seen much from most of them.
Sorry about your damn luck!
Kevin

I do get all of the financial constraints regarding the programme - however, using the same photo for two different matchday magazines is pretty pants though :roll:
lupins

Clearly you don't get it
OBD

Simmo wrote:Comments read and acknowledged.

Proportionately clubs sell around 1 programme to every four fans and we are no different. Therefore we lose money on our programme being 64 pages and being a lot less would probably be more cost effective. However, there are a set number of pages that we must carry as league rules for their commercial bits and pieces as well as our own deals with sponsors so it has to be 64 pages otherwise the advertising is too heavy. Our print run is 800 per game and costs the same even if you have less printed but when you increase the print run the average cost goes down. Trouble is we only get a crowd of over 2500 two or three times a season and the teams mentioned in this thread as "better" all regularly sell that number. And before anyone mentions it, we do shop around to get the best possible deal on print and design costs ahead of the season.

The travellers tales section was dropped this season as it was getting too repetative with the plan to reintroduce it in the future. If anyone wishes to write this going forward please email me - my address is on the contact page of the official website. If anyone wishes to contribute anything I am more than happy to accept their help.

The voucher idea was dropped as supporters complained about having to cut up their programmes and a sheet of paper inside would only fall out when buying the programme.

I spend around 40 hours per game on the programme and maybe it's time for the club to employ a full time editor but the sales will never cover it. This season it's been difficult to fill at times and I thank those that do contribute.
Simmo, thanks for your reply and the effort you put into the programme.

The problem is most of this season has been shit. If someone was to offer a regular contribution it would likely be heavily critical and therefore the club would can it straight away. Look at our beloved leaders reaction to fans singing anti Burnett songs earlier this season and a pillow case with a Burnett out message scrawled on it. Are they going to let their official publication carry a page of negativity every week, however honest and refreshing that may be? That's what the programme needs more than anything, an element of the old style fanzine about it. Something with a bit of independence and humour about it.
@OfficialBigDave