Even if we do stay up

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Would any one seriously want Wayne, Warren & Darren to stay in charge of us??

Despite our recent run of decent results (prior to last 2 games) I still believe all 3 are way out of their depth in running a football league club - the football remains as unattractive to watch as I've ever seen - other than 1 or 2 absolute exceptions, their general recruitment policy sucks and I think it would be best for everyones interests that we part ways at the end of the season irrespective of our final position.

Interested in other people's thoughts on this...
ARNU

Truthfully....

Wayne is developing as a manager and does/will make mistakes.I don't think the period of poor performance will have been a totally negative thing for him.Its character building and im pleased to see him get his sleeves rolled up and deal with it.It shows him the downside of the dream job afterall.Its how you deal with failure that shows your true potential.Id give him another contract if he gets 51+ points.

Hackett,Im afraid raising his hands at kids,making up shit and playing the race card just cos he cant control his temper...he can ****** off whatever colour he is !!

Currie is a legend and will go on to bigger and better things Im sure.Id like to see him manage Daggers one day.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
MHDagger

ARNU

Answer me this ...........

Dagenham & Redbridge FC supposedly prides itself on being "against racism" - yet how can it be willing to remain SO silent on a subject of one of its supporters ALLEGEDLY racially abusing one of its members of staff ???

There is something in the chain of events that doesnt quite tie up

Either the said racial abuse didnt actually happen
or
It did happen and the club isnt willing to back up its against employee by investigating further and taking action against the so called purpatrator.
Which is it?????

In answer to the OP - all out in my opinion!!
Diggerthedog

I want and totally agree with the philosophy of the coaching but it just does the work with the calibre of player at this level. The whole squad will be on the way out at the end of the season staying up or not. Would not be surprised if the coaching staffs contract were not renewed.

I would say thanks but time to move on for all parties.
Phippo

Persevering with the high ball being punted up to Jamie Cureton (thank goodness we have him), is just one of the shortfalls that have not been addressed by the management team. Do they really see the benefit of this tactic? I would like to see Wayne succeed here, but tactically he appears very naive.
ARNU

MHDagger wrote:ARNU

Answer me this ...........

Dagenham & Redbridge FC supposedly prides itself on being "against racism" - yet how can it be willing to remain SO silent on a subject of one of its supporters ALLEGEDLY racially abusing one of its members of staff ???

There is something in the chain of events that doesnt quite tie up

Either the said racial abuse didnt actually happen
or
It did happen and the club isnt willing to back up its against employee by investigating further and taking action against the so called purpatrator.
Which is it?????

In answer to the OP - all out in my opinion!!
I don't think it happened.

My son was there,right at the front as the so called racial slur was supposed to have happened.He says they (Burnett and Hackett)were being called all manner of unpalatable things,no doubt yelling out a few himself gobby little git but heard nothing racist and would have reacted quite badly if it had.That dosent excuse the abuse and Im sure anyone would find it hard to not react to the things that were being said.I reckon WH got upset with the name calling and criticism of our shit tactics etc that night then reacted by raising his hands at a fan and pulled out the race card to save his arse the next day.Cos lets face it,anyone else squaring upto fans should be chucked out the club for something so serious.Im quite sure others there that night say the same thing too .I have been football all my life and remember vividly the racist banana throwing,nazi salutes,20ft across swastika flags in the West side as it was known back then and the sale of NF literature at every home West ham fixture.I have honestly never heard it from the terraces at Dagenham except for 2 eastern Europeans digging out a Black player of ours last season.The feelings of those nearby including myself were quickly explained to the guys concerned ,we said you just cant do that here whatever your thoughts mate,you'll get chucked out and the problem immediately stopped.I think back in Poland or wherever they originated from this problem with Black skin is still quite prevailent in their society.

You lot attend as much as I do Im sure.I've never heard it from the sieve,I don't think any of us would say such stuff even if we felt it privately.Times have moved on....just like Hackett should be.
stanton101

So you were part of that west side mob then ARNU shame on you, taunting those poor away souls in the south bank like that. :D
ARNU

stanton101 wrote:So you were part of that west side mob then ARNU shame on you, taunting those poor away souls in the south bank like that. :D
I did watch a game or two from that side but mainly stood in the old south bank.We're talking 1975-1976 onwards I reckon.
stanton101

ARNU wrote:
stanton101 wrote:So you were part of that west side mob then ARNU shame on you, taunting those poor away souls in the south bank like that. :D
I did watch a game or two from that side but mainly stood in the old south bank.We're talking 1975-1976 onwards I reckon.
Same here mate, from 1973 onwards. Those were the days.
leewilson

I don't actually think the management are that far away from getting it right. Despite some challenging times this season, they do all seem to command the full respect of the players. We have had poor games here and there like every team but what has hurt us has been the amount of points that we have thrown away. I find this more frustrating than when we are just utter rubbish. The season we stayed up on GD over Barnet, we were utter useless for the final half of that season. We looked like a relegated side and a fair chunk of our squad was effectively non league, especially the striking options. We have dropped so many points from winning positions this season and I put that down to manager inexperience and a weak defence earlier in the season.

I think Wayne has rebuilt the squad largely well. There has been the odd incoming (Batt etc) who haven't been successes but I think he's got a fair few right. On the plus side, he has realised that the defence was shocking and has gone some way to replacing 3 quarters of it even though it took a while.

If we stay up, I'd be prepared to give him another season. If there is an outstanding candidate out there then fair enough, but I feel that Wayne is at an advantage where he understands the requirements and limitations of this club and is akin with our traditions and ethos. He is still in the early stages of management and will have learned a lot from this season, not least having to try and turn around a very bad patch of form with fans on his back. He will be better off for that.

I don't really like the whole "I don't believe Wayne, Warren and Darren are capable of running a football club" line. With all due respect, how do you bloody know and how are you qualified to comment considering you see a fraction of their week? It's a bit shitty in my opinion.
PaulHornchurch

Agree totally with the post above from Lee.

Vital we secure our status asap. The Club then need to confirm Wayne stays, if he wants to make changes to back room team that's fine.

We then need to start getting the players that perform signed up as quickly as poss. Some players might want to see what happens, but I know they are mindful what happened to Gavin, Lewy and Jordan who all thought the grass was greener.

Listening to the forum and the finances, I think the squad will have to be reduced by at least 3 or 4, with some more emphasis on some Youth players coming through.
Mike the Dagger

So if we hang on by the skin of our teeth and avoid going down because there are a couple of basket case clubs worse than us in League Two, we give Wayne and his team new contracts so that we can carry on being as poor as we have been over the last 18 months for another season at least until his luck finally runs out and he takes us down?

If they renew Burnett I won't be renewing my season ticket, I'll stay in the warm next season.
dagger4eva

Would take an offer on the same level as the one given this season (£7.70 a game) for me to even consider renewing next year is the 3 stooges remained in charge.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Trouble is D4E the methods adopted bring results.

Take us out of the argument we played and lost to a team that did the exact thing us last Saturday,lump it forward and play the percentage game.

Now even without looking at the game last night between Newport and Mansfield I do not imagine that Mansfield changed their style last night and they won again.

Boring, unexciting and tedious to watch sadly it brings results
DI Mike Dashwood

If the ST prices go up I will won't renew in all honesty.

With the Div looking like it will be a very South East based division next Year I think I will do more away games and have a few beers and a day out into the equation rather than front up the cash for an ST and then force myself to go and watch more of these home games.