Most painful 2-0 win ever

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

[quote="JFJBENSTEAD"]Anyone know why Abu was withdrawn so late in the day?

Spoke to him post-match and he said he'd slightly pulled his hammy and Wayne was resting him to get him ready for the upcoming crucial games.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
DaggerJoel11

[quote="JFJBENSTEAD"]Anyone know why Abu was withdrawn so late in the day?

Spoke to him post-match and he said he'd slightly pulled his hammy and Wayne was resting him to get him ready for the upcoming crucial games.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:So that's over 600 miles I gave done in four days and I don't remember being as bored as I have been in our last two games. In all honesty I have seen thee dreadfull teams who you would struggle to make a decent team our the lot of them.

When we play football it is at least something to get excited about but it is now just aimless balls up to JC . His latest Partner gave an interview on a Player pre game and told everybody his weakness is his heading ability,

Truly dreadfull and I don't know how much more I can take if this . The last month it has been nothing else
Agree on most of that... but to be fair Fenelon wasn't far away 2nd half from a lovely headed goal from a Hemmings cross... got up well for someone who admits they can't head the ball
Mike the Dagger

Agree on the "win is a win" stuff as it was a real "must win" match, but it was properly dire last night on and off the pitch apart from that moment of brilliance from Billy.

It really must be bad if even Sussex is having a whine about the quality of the fare on offer.

Fenelon.... why? Jakubiak when he came on at least had a run at them, while Fenelon looked a bit lost out there and missed with a gilt edged chance with the header... it's not unlucky when the ball is plonked on your head 6 yards out unchallenged and you miss the target, it's just poor.

We seem to have cracked the issue of a lack of shots on target meaning no goals though. At half time we had zero shots on target and a 1-0 lead courtesy of the OG.

Also interesting to see that Hartlepool (adrift at the bottom) brought 4 more fans for a game on a Tuesday night than Burton (who went top off of beating us) did on a Saturday from at least twice as far away. Fair play to the Monkey Hangers there.
its all good

I thought Hartlepool's teenage wide man (ironically another J Jones) was dangerous when he came on getting the ball down and running at our defenders
We need to try the same thing
DI Mike Dashwood

Mike in "loan players are rubbish" shocker ;) I thought Fenlon looked ok, his hold up play was good, but wasted when he was told to come deeper, he needed to be up on the two centre halves for it to have an effect.

The midfield two slowed the game down to much in my view. I know you all love Bingham on here and nobody can say a word against him, and the free kick was an amazing strike, but I just thing him and Bouchard slow things down all the time. I would really like to see Howell and/or Abs (when fit) in the middle. I never used to rate Abs in there but he does at least try and make runs to get beyond the ball which Bingham and Bouchard never seem to do (maybe this is what they have been told to do).

I thought overall we were ok. I didn't think it was the best game ever, but I have seen worse (plenty worse in last two years!!!). I think 2 more wins and a couple of draws and we will be safe, although am still not sure where we are going in the mid/long term.
Mike the Dagger

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Mike in "loan players are rubbish" shocker ;) I thought Fenlon looked ok, his hold up play was good, but wasted when he was told to come deeper, he needed to be up on the two centre halves for it to have an effect.

The midfield two slowed the game down to much in my view. I know you all love Bingham on here and nobody can say a word against him, and the free kick was an amazing strike, but I just thing him and Bouchard slow things down all the time. I would really like to see Howell and/or Abs (when fit) in the middle. I never used to rate Abs in there but he does at least try and make runs to get beyond the ball which Bingham and Bouchard never seem to do (maybe this is what they have been told to do).

I thought overall we were ok. I didn't think it was the best game ever, but I have seen worse (plenty worse in last two years!!!). I think 2 more wins and a couple of draws and we will be safe, although am still not sure where we are going in the mid/long term.
Thing is that we replaced a loan player who has been doing OK and scored three goals in Jakubiak, with another loan player who looked a bit lost to me, Fenelon, then subbed in a third loan player for 30 seconds at the end. Meanwhile our own players were getting splinters or even less.

I didn't think anyone in the side covered themselves in glory yesterday and was hard pressed to name a MOTM candidate. I guess Billy for the one moment of quality in the whole thing was about right. Odd on a night when the wind was taking a hold like it was, both sides seemed obsessed by kicking it as high in the air as they could.

Yesterday was a means to an end, we had to beat Hartlepool at home. I'd like to think that there was a plan and a purpose to it all beyond the immediate though, just don't see it.
leewilson

In a few weeks, nobody will really remember this game. Excellent. We all remember losing 1-0 to Northampton to take us bottom of the league a few years back. What matters is that we won with little fuss last night. Three points in the bag.

We played some very nice football earlier in the season at home, games against Cambridge, Shrewsbury and Exeter in particular ring a bell. Yet we lost all three of them matches due to lacking the professionalism and not playing the percentages in the key parts of the game.

For all those calling Burnett clueless, our home record in 2015 reads: Won 3, Drawn 2, Lost 1.
Compare that to our first half of the season at home which reads: Won 3, Drawn 1, Lost 8

So for those calling him clueless, he's done exactly what we were all asking over Xmas. He's turned us around, made us more difficult to beat and he knows that we will likely have chances in matches such is the fact we're blessed with a 'goalscorer' up front.

I do appreciate the need for entertainment as football is a product, but really in our heart of hearts at this moment we would take results over performances. Had we played some beautiful football in recent times and our home record read Won 1, Drawn 2, Lost 3 instead, there would be moans of a different kind. As it is, we're on 40 points and now 6 points clear with a better goal difference. Well done Wayne and co.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Fair point made Lee and the sound bite about it being a result business is true and for that reason and that reason alone I am turning up at games and I am bored.

Last two games I have never seen over the last few days have been as entertaining as watching grass grow.

Last night I looked around me,what I am doing looking all around me whilst the game is going on says it all , more people are tapping their mobile phones then looking what is going on on the pitch.

For the first time in years I am seriously considering about this Saturday as I know it is going to be more of the same just hoof and hope. At the start of the season there was not much of that then we started seeing it creep back in parts but now it's just our first and sometimes only tactic. .

It's boring and frustrating me
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

I'm not sure what people expect with the style tbh. We tried passing it and realised that we were going nowhere. We don't have enough movement in midfield or the players to get the ball forward this way especially when teams defend with 11 against us. Thankfully the management eventually worked this out too.

Now of course we need to go longer which should mean in the channels but the trouble is JC is 39 and we aren't accurate enough. Alex is there to get after those and had a couple of poor games so can't disagree with dropping him. We could use a bigger option though and we still haven't really addressed that.
Richie

Mark wrote:I'm not sure what people expect with the style tbh. We tried passing it and realised that we were going nowhere. We don't have enough movement in midfield or the players to get the ball forward this way especially when teams defend with 11 against us. Thankfully the management eventually worked this out too.

Now of course we need to go longer which should mean in the channels but the trouble is JC is 39 and we aren't accurate enough. Alex is there to get after those and had a couple of poor games so can't disagree with dropping him. We could use a bigger option though and we still haven't really addressed that.
Agreed. Not convinced by Boucard still personally. Just doesn't offer enough
Adrian

If people are happy to watch rubbish football on a repeated basis then that's your call.

I can't currently see any reason to renew my season ticket for next season. I've not been at 4 or 5 home games this season. I won't say I missed them, because I didn't actually miss much.
Lcbdagger

Worries that our answer fir the midfield is to get Abu back in there... I want him nowhere near the midfield if we have to rely on Batt as a right back option! The man terrifies me in defence and drives me mad going forward or making a terrible pass
dagger4eva

Mark, I know the point your saying but my qualm is more with the general entertainment aspect as opposed to our playing 'style' - although perhaps both do go hand in hand.

Whether you are for or against Burnett, I think one thing few people would disagree on is that during his reign, the general matchday fare served up has been dull as dishwater.
I could probably name on one hand the number of games where ive actually been entertained.

As someone has mentioned, the fact that even SUSSEX is now saying how shit it all is should make ppl stand up and take notice.

Dashers also makes a good point about more local away games next season and I think id definitely be inclined to make the effort to go to more of those than renew the home season ticket

All about opinions I guess
ARNU

We aren't going up this season are we ? We need to win as ugly as possible rather than go down,salvage some sort of respectability and then plan for next season.This is what we say every season I know but its about survival first.Lets face it,we'll be starting from scratch again in August probably lose any remaining decent players and quite possibly be looking at a new manager.Ugly wins are better than draws or losses.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !