Season Ticket Renewel

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

IanC wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:This was not a question of commitment just to start a discussion. I'm sure everyone who posts on here is a Dagger regardless of how many games they attend.
Surely it is a question of commitment,that's exactly what having a season ticket is.Ya don't just bail when the going gets rough,fair enough if it's finanance that's different.Ive seen this club in in every league its played in and we've been equally good has well as dogshite in all of them.Thats always gonna be the dish served up if you support a lower league team I'm afraid,even in good seasons you'll see some dross.
It's not really a question of commitment at all. If someone doesn't enjoy something for a prolonged period of time, why would they keep paying to do it? That's not commitment, that's insanity.
I've also watched this club at every level it's played at, and have never experienced anything that has interested me as little as the last year or so, even the year we got relegated from the Conference was more entertaining.

Having looked I've missed 4 games this season, and looking at the fixtures will miss likely two more. With the reduced prices it isn't too bad, but anything much higher and there's no benefit to having a season ticket, what with the other reduced entry games.

So on the basis that I won't attend every game and I'm not really enjoying it when I do, I won't renew. The flip side of that is that I'll be more likely to find other things to do on a Saturday as I won't feel compelled to turn up in order to get some sort of value out of my season ticket.
Auntie Merge

I don't think it is a question of commitment and I don't think anyone on here should ever questions someone else's commitment (look at what happened to the first person who did).

At the moment I am doubtful to renew my season ticket.

1. The past two seasons have felt like an endurance test. Sometimes I have felt I could have more fun sticking pins in my eyes. During a number of games I have sat there and typed up a shopping list on my phone in order to avoid giving dullness personified my full attention. And I have been there when we were crap. I even watched LIFC in the Ryman league 1; I know what teams who are struggling play like but I also know what players who do not seem to care less play like too. Going through the motions for a number of players in the past two seasons. I have missed more home games this season than at any time since 1999. If the management team stays the same you can almost guarantee this style of playing will stay the same. I've seen enough stupid back passes thank you.

2. My family commitments are changing and I'm currently in the limited window where my niece and nephew want to spend time with me. As they grow older this isn't always likely to be the case ;) Plus tea and cake instead of freezing cold crap football is appealing.

3. The moving of the home dugout. One of the reasons for me always to automatically renew is because I had such a fab seat. If I no longer have such a fab seat, why don't I just pay on the gate for the games I want to come to? The tickets are unlikely to sell out!

it doesn't make any difference to my renewal what league we are in but the three factors above do.
ChazmanQ

Bought my first season ticket in the summer due to the knock down price. Have been to 80% of games so far so have definitely got my money's worth compared to paying on the gate

If the club do a similar deal I can see no reason not to renew
ARNU

I threaten to stop every year.Even I know I wont really do that.I like it too much whether we're shit or not.What else can you do for 8 quid on a Saturday anyway ? They could even put it up a little bit,I doubt they will actually.Ive missed 2 and a half games this season,probably miss another 2.Both times someone else will go in my place so Its not like a big waste of money.Id rather Dagenham were better but wherever you go you're gonna get pissed off with it from time to time,might as well stay put.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

Will definitely have one. No place I'd rather be at 3pm on a Saturday every fortnight
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:I threaten to stop every year.Even I know I wont really do that.I like it too much whether we're shit or not.What else can you do for 8 quid on a Saturday anyway ? They could even put it up a little bit,I doubt they will actually.Ive missed 2 and a half games this season,probably miss another 2.Both times someone else will go in my place so Its not like a big waste of money.Id rather Dagenham were better but wherever you go you're gonna get pissed off with it from time to time,might as well stay put.

When you say you missed 2 and a half games, how'd that come about? Leave at half time I assume?
Lcbdagger

I signed up again this year primarily for the low cost and the fact my 2 year old got a ST free to come with... price wise I couldn't justify it if it went up by much due a few games already missed this year.

Fully agree on the quality of football issue and to bring that back to commitment is silly
ARNU

The Romford Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:I threaten to stop every year.Even I know I wont really do that.I like it too much whether we're shit or not.What else can you do for 8 quid on a Saturday anyway ? They could even put it up a little bit,I doubt they will actually.Ive missed 2 and a half games this season,probably miss another 2.Both times someone else will go in my place so Its not like a big waste of money.Id rather Dagenham were better but wherever you go you're gonna get pissed off with it from time to time,might as well stay put.

When you say you missed 2 and a half games, how'd that come about? Leave at half time I assume?
No,missed most of 1st half flying back from Spain,well,driving back from Gatwick straight to the game to get to the match v Newport,and we lost anyway.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:

No,missed most of 1st half flying back from Spain,well,driving back from Gatwick straight to the game to get to the match v Newport,and we lost anyway.

Wow! Quality effort that!
Dagger Steve

I haven't bought a ST for about 12 years, so this topic is really not a discussion of commitment.

And all the comments on its lower league football so you should expect some dross is bollocks.
As others have said I've watched us play in the Ryman up to League 1, and in none of them seasons has they ever been a case of not enjoying, finding it a chore, for about 80% of the home games like this season and half of last.

I will keep going, which i can only put down to being slightly mental.
BeeDog

Well, if the price is right, I'm planning to buy my first ST next season. Shite footy or not, I've enjoyed myself this season and I'm a bit hooked tbh.
ChazmanQ

I think the club are missing a trick if they don't do a similar deal

I think prices on the gate need a rethink too

£18/£21 on a match day is too pricey for the casual fan. We could get more through the door at £10/£15 rates
Dagger83

ChazmanQ wrote:I think the club are missing a trick if they don't do a similar deal

£18/£21 on a match day is too pricey for the casual fan. We could get more through the door at £10/£15 rates
Same response I always give: We had a game for 99p once and the attendance was still shit. Dropping prices isn't a sure fire way of getting numbers. People don't come because 1. It's L2 and they have Sky Sports at home 2. The football is crap 3. They just don't care. There's not a magic wand that'll change that unfortunately. Having a successful season is the best we can hope for.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Mike the Dagger

Dagger83 wrote:
ChazmanQ wrote:I think the club are missing a trick if they don't do a similar deal

Same response I always give: We had a game for 99p once and the attendance was still shit. Dropping prices isn't a sure fire way of getting numbers. People don't come because 1. It's L2 and they have Sky Sports at home 2. The football is crap 3. They just don't care. There's not a magic wand that'll change that unfortunately. Having a successful season is the best we can hope for.
Dropping regular, on the day gate prices hits us hard as we can only charge away wghat we charge home fans for equivalent accomodation, and as Dagger83 says, we have had deals of some sort on pretty much every recent game of some sort and haven't really seen numbers change.

The "Bring a friend for a fiver" offer on Tuesday was one that ought to work if timed riight, but I couldn't think of anyone I disliked enough to get them along to a freezing cold Tuesday night game against the team bottom of the league.

To see numbers rise we need to have a good season with a bit of success, and play some decent football. A couple of high profile cup wins wouldn't hurt either.
its all good

Dagger83 wrote:

Probably a fair assessment. It's about results mainly.
If we're successful and win loads of games interest will be generated and the team will be talked about
Then curiosity will bring more people along especially if they expect to see goals
This applies at almost any club
Many moons ago Chelsea went down to the 2nd Division (Championship now) and I seem to remember them getting home gates of as low as 8000
And even the fanatical Glasgow Rangers support have finally had enough of it & are staying away in big numbers
Who was it that said success has many fathers but failure is an orphan?
Someone with a better education than me :D