Well done boys.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

ARNU wrote:We had a situation season before last where we only needed a few points and then took about 10 games to get them and lost on the last day of the season and only stayed up on goal difference.So I think we should now push to better 9th place rather than wait for 10 more points to tot up.This has been a great turn around and I think in part because as daggers fans we say what we see.This can only have been of great benefit to the manager and its pleasing he's reacted,ditched the flash clobber,put on his tracksuit and got stuck in.Now lets tear the pikeys a new one next Saturday and send 'em back to their caravans with their tail between their arrogant legs.
How hi up do we go before we all start saying it's a false position again like last season that puts him on a road to a 'no win' situation next season... more than 55 points and a new contract is a certainty surely, but potentially with less than half this season's squad
ARNU

Lcbdagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:We had a situation season before last where we only needed a few points and then took about 10 games to get them and lost on the last day of the season and only stayed up on goal difference.So I think we should now push to better 9th place rather than wait for 10 more points to tot up.This has been a great turn around and I think in part because as daggers fans we say what we see.This can only have been of great benefit to the manager and its pleasing he's reacted,ditched the flash clobber,put on his tracksuit and got stuck in.Now lets tear the pikeys a new one next Saturday and send 'em back to their caravans with their tail between their arrogant legs.
How hi up do we go before we all start saying it's a false position again like last season that puts him on a road to a 'no win' situation next season... more than 55 points and a new contract is a certainty surely, but potentially with less than half this season's squad
I never said last season was a false position.The table dosen't lie.It was telling the truth when we were 23rd and its still telling the truth today with us at 16th.As for losing half our squad..we do that every season.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

ARNU wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:
I never said last season was a false position.The table dosen't lie.It was telling the truth when we were 23rd and its still telling the truth today with us at 16th.As for losing half our squad..we do that every season.
Ignore the 'half then' and focus on the Abu/ Doe quality of players leaving in amongst that group... potentially some of the central guys to keeping us where we have been the past few years and the last remaining players from the old team when we came up and established ourselves in the league... Getting in great players can be done but it's the guys like that who rarely play a poor match that we will struggle with next season
leewilson

You actually think you have a part to play in this turn around don't you? :lol:

No offence Arnu but the turn around isn't to do with Daggers fans 'saying what they see'. Football is a game of highs and lows. Wayne made mistakes early on in the season with his defensive additions. I imagine he realised that but he can't exactly say that publicly considering he probably spent a fair chunk of the budget on them areas. So he has to work with what he has invested in until he can work with the loan and free market. Now that he's had the chance to tighten up the weak areas of the squad, we're tougher to beat and bar one barren patch really over Christmas we've scored goals for most of the season. But if you want, you can live under the happy illusion that our opinions have been of 'great benefit' to the manager. Give yourself a pat on the back. :D
ARNU

I don't think its all down to me,Its more of a collective "down to us".Collectively we've told him he's an arsehole in an after match interview,shouldnt wear designer clobber when he should be in a tracky,Batt is shit,his tactics have been poor and he needed to improve the defensive frailties we had perhaps even sticking Abs in at RB.It is a welcome fact that he has addressed most of these points albeit a bit late in the day. :lol:
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:I don't think its all down to me,Its more of a collective "down to us".Collectively we've told him he's an arsehole in an after match interview,shouldnt wear designer clobber when he should be in a tracky,Batt is shit,his tactics have been poor and he needed to improve the defensive frailties we had perhaps even sticking Abs in at RB.It is a welcome fact that he has addressed most of these points albeit a bit late in the day. :lol:

When did people calm him an arseho1e? Perhaps southport when I weren't there?

Don't remember him ever being personally attacked. Only for his managerial skills if my memory serves correctly.
ARNU

I meant "He came across as a bit of an arsehole in some of his after match interviews".He has stopped being one since we highlighted it.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Our survival is down to one thing , our friends from the North 5 away games 5 wins with the Geordie Daggers in attendence .

The other suggestion is that the Club should consider relocating. Look at our results this season when we have travelled over 250 miles it's League Winners stuff
hockley dagger

The away day form for long distance games must be something to do with team bonding on long journeys/staying away together. A pity more of this can't be done but I guess it comes down to the fact that if a few hundred more came through the gate we wouldn't be operating on such a tight budget? Nailed on for 3 points at Carlisle?
Richie

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Our survival is down to one thing , our friends from the North 5 away games 5 wins with the Geordie Daggers in attendence.
Wimbledon away ruins that unfortunately
SUSSEX DAGGER

Oh did not know they made that one even so they do add a lot to our trips up north. So it must be the 250 mile thing then suppose Southport ruins that.

Just an amazing stat tho when things should be at their most difficult we seem to turn it on not only results but performances as we'll. This has been something that has occurred during the whole of Wayne's Tenure
PaulHornchurch

I agree with Hockley Dagger, it would be interesting to see if the staff think there is something in it. Having spoken to a couple of players they enjoyed training at Bolton Wanderers prior to Accrington, and West Brom before Morecambe. Not sure where they have trained prior to other games but it seems to be working.

The away fans do make a noise, whereas our home games can be very quiet.

Since Xmas, form is good, confidence must be high and I don't fear anybody now. Teams such as Southend and Luton are ones under pressure as they push for promotion, so we can really go for it.