Poor

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Didn't expect miracles against a decent team with strong Away support... but the same old issues cropping up again!

The inability to hold out at the end of a half when we are ahead or level is shocking and has to be sorted out... Once again gave away sloppy goals and since Jake Reed left, I can't think of a player that looked so out of his depth in a League Two team as our Right Back... I'm aware he gets dogs abuse every game anyway so this will hardly surprise many, but for a guy on decent wages it's amazing just how off the pace he looks when he plays for us!

Lovely goal from Ayo and great to see us getting a bit of quality in to their box... nee a massive improvement over the next few games though
ARNU

How can Fenelon get a start ahead of Jakubiak,Yusuff and even Jody jones ??? He missed all his shots in the warm up and one so wide it nearly went in the other goal.

How can Batt get in the squad let alone the team,he is the worst Daggers player I think I've ever seen.Total shit.He really has to go.

Also Im sure my silver haired and dead Granny could have saved Southends 2nd.

Southend weren't all that if im honest.I knew it'd be up hill as soon as the teams were read out.

Anyway,Im laying low now till Shrimpy goes away.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

ARNU wrote:How can Fenelon get a start ahead of Jakubiak,Yusuff and even Jody jones ??? He missed all his shots in the warm up and one so wide it nearly went in the other goal.

How can Batt get in the squad let alone the team,he is the worst Daggers player I think I've ever seen.Total shit.He really has to go.

Southend weren't all that if im honest.I knew it'd be up hill as soon as the teams were read out.

Amazing how there was such a difference between the Sieve giving abuse to O'Brien for not saving the goal and others saying 'what a wonder strike' and 'you're not saving that'... certainly didn't think it was unstoppable, but then I had the same argument with the Tranmere winner earlier in the season with those around me
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:How can Fenelon get a start ahead of Jakubiak,Yusuff and even Jody jones ??? He missed all his shots in the warm up and one so wide it nearly went in the other goal.

Don't think Fenelon is bad at all. Did alright but for me Yuseff should've played or came on. First half atmosphere was superb but second we had literally nothing to cheer about or even vaguely lift us. Those Southend lads in the terrace needed a punch.
Adrian

Lcbdagger wrote:

Amazing how there was such a difference between the Sieve giving abuse to O'Brien for not saving the goal and others saying 'what a wonder strike' and 'you're not saving that'... certainly didn't think it was unstoppable, but then I had the same argument with the Tranmere winner earlier in the season with those around me
No-one was saving the second goal unless they happened to be standing on the post waiting for it - the guy put a dipping shot into the top corner. If anyone deserved abuse for that goal it was Widdowson for laying it on a plate for the guy to hit.

That said O'Brien was very lucky not to give away a penalty in the first half when he dropped the ball and then tried to rugby tackle their striker.

Overall, Batt was rubbish and utterly stupid to give away the penalty. Widdowson was poor, Obileye and Doe couldn't cope with their strikers. Hemmings did nothing again. Bingham and Boucuad as a pair don't give enough cover to the defence, or offer enough support to the stirkers. Fenelon and Jakubiak did nothing. Howell ran around a lot but isn't a winger. Cureton worked his nuts off again with too little support. Abs didn't do much when he came on. Jones was brought on far too late. He did more in his stint than some of the players that started managed in the whole game.
Alan

Fenelon is terrible. He has an awful touch, can't hold the ball up, can't win a header and his shot that went for a throw in 10 yards up the touchline about sums up his goal threat. Game was crying out for physicality of Yussuf. The formation/substitution with Abu was as baffling as it was ineffective.
The Romford Dagger

Alan wrote:Fenelon is terrible. He has an awful touch, can't hold the ball up, can't win a header and his shot that went for a throw in 10 yards up the touchline about sums up his goal threat. Game was crying out for physicality of Yussuf. The formation/substitution with Abu was as baffling as it was ineffective.
Looks like I'm the only one who thought Fenelon did alright..
stanton101

First 20 minutes we gave as good as we got. Their first goal he had the freedom of the Borough to waltz in and stick it away. Then we equalise from a set piece, but the killer for me was their second goal or rather the timing of it, it was a good strike, but he had plenty of time to tee it up, can't blame o'brien it flew in. If we went in at half time at 1-1 it might have been a different story. But iur heads dropped and the second half our defence caved in again and we end up giving them a penalty. Game over. Southend's front two were a constant menace and they are a good side and well organised so it's no disgrace. We got what we deserved today.
stanton101

I hope jones gets a start on tuesday he did more in 5 minutes than our front 2 all second half.
Last edited by stanton101 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shrimperama

Thought dealt with you comfortably. Could have scored 3 or 4 first half and bosses the second half.

Missed Leonard's goal as I shot down early to get a pint.

How did your keeper not get sent off? Blatant foul when our player was through. Should have been a red and a pen.

Good luck for the rest of the season
ChazmanQ

shrimperama wrote:Thought dealt with you comfortably. Could have scored 3 or 4 first half and bosses the second half.

Missed Leonard's goal as I shot down early to get a pint.

How did your keeper not get sent off? Blatant foul when our player was through. Should have been a red and a pen.

Good luck for the rest of the season
First half we talking?

For me it was a foul on our keeper and ref played on. Then bottled it when your forward went down

Shame we let it slip at end of 1st half. 1-1 at HT and I think we would of gone on to win the game

Pen killed it for us. No question it was handball..... only question is about our right backs credentials as a pro footballer
Alan

Thought it was foul on keeper, not a pen.

However I did think the tug on Cureton in first 10 min was a penalty and a red card.

Confortable win for Southend, we were poor.
The Romford Dagger

Just seen the handball for the penalty. Both of batts hands are above his head. Wtf was he doing? Brain dead.
SteveW

Oh do grow up.

And I assume you think Billy's free kick against Hartlepool wasn't a great shot but the keepers fault?
stanton101

From where I was standing I don't think any keeper in the world would have stopped their second. What annoyed me most was the fact he had time for a read of the paper and a fag before he hit it, with no dagenham player remotely interested in closing him down.