Worst Daggers player in 10 years.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger83

Cameron Lancaster was utter shit. Played about 5 games and touched the ball about that number of times too.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
leewilson

I'm with Dagger83. Cameron Lancaster was shit and an arrogant tosser to boot. Pleased me when I realised he was now at St Albans.

I'd much rather have Damien Batt than George Porter mind for starters. If we're talking attitude, Porter's is possibly one of the worst I can recall ever having played for us. Just didn't give a shit off the pitch and on it he wasn't much better.

I thought Ahmed Abdulla was non league dross as well.
Mark

At least Porter put the odd shift in on the pitch. Batt ambles around like he owns the place.
The Romford Dagger

leewilson wrote:I'm with Dagger83. Cameron Lancaster was shit and an arrogant tosser to boot. Pleased me when I realised he was now at St Albans.

I'd much rather have Damien Batt than George Porter mind for starters. If we're talking attitude, Porter's is possibly one of the worst I can recall ever having played for us. Just didn't give a shit off the pitch and on it he wasn't much better.

I thought Ahmed Abdulla was non league dross as well.
But harsh re porter. He at least ran about a lot on the pitch even if he wasn't fussed off of it.
redboy

I can think of plenty players who may have played a handful of games, been dire and then released. What gets me is how many matches Batt has now played and Tweedledum still picks him. If a player is crap, he's probably still better than me so who am I to criticise. However, if I were the manager, I wouldn't pick them.
leewilson

Let's not pretend that running around equates to effort or quality. Any player in the starting 11 is hardly going to stand still. I don't think they'd last long on the pitch if that was the case. Batt puts a shift in each week. In fact, he's pretty decent on the ball going forward. At the back, he tries to play a game that he isn't capable of in little drag backs and attempting to beat a winger before clearing a ball. He was loved at Oxford during one of their more successful periods. I think essentially having a year out of the game has hurt him more than he probably anticipated. He's not great, but he's definitely not our worst player in the last 10 years. Every year we have a scapegoat. Whilst he is culpable for several errors, he's not the sole responsibility for some poor performances like some would make out.

Porter for me was a waste of space. Yeah ran around a bit but going forward he had nothing. No composure in front of goal. Nothing special to beat a winger with. No particular intelligence. He's a Dom Green who moved too soon and didn't get the correct transition period from youth to senior football as a result. His attitude just adds to it.
The Romford Dagger

leewilson wrote:Let's not pretend that running around equates to effort or quality. Any player in the starting 11 is hardly going to stand still. I don't think they'd last long on the pitch if that was the case. Batt puts a shift in each week. In fact, he's pretty decent on the ball going forward. At the back, he tries to play a game that he isn't capable of in little drag backs and attempting to beat a winger before clearing a ball. He was loved at Oxford during one of their more successful periods. I think essentially having a year out of the game has hurt him more than he probably anticipated. He's not great, but he's definitely not our worst player in the last 10 years. Every year we have a scapegoat. Whilst he is culpable for several errors, he's not the sole responsibility for some poor performances like some would make out.

Porter for me was a waste of space. Yeah ran around a bit but going forward he had nothing. No composure in front of goal. Nothing special to beat a winger with. No particular intelligence. He's a Dom Green who moved too soon and didn't get the correct transition period from youth to senior football as a result. His attitude just adds to it.
Well by effort I was saying as in terms of closing the ball down etc...
Kevin

leewilson wrote: Batt puts a shift in each week..
I'd tentatively suggest that Batt is shit each week.

Giving away that penalty with both hands in the air was ******** terrible.

As is he.

Would have more confidence in the Papa Johns Pizza playing at right back.. :roll:
SUSSEX DAGGER

Told you Batt was a waste of time after Morecambe and was told I was being harsh.
That Callum Lancaster went into play in a Premier League who remembers that free kick at Tranmere.
As to the worst Player I am amazed that the current Goalkeeper has not made the short list.
Pondfield Dagger

watching him in the first league game at morecambe, and even the pre season game at spurs could see he was not good enough, can run up the pitch yeah, but no defensive qualities what so ever.....nathen green or ian gayle could have done a better job than him but giving him a 2 year expensive deal wayne had to gamble by keeping him in.. another 25 appearances..got to stop!!!

also i see he is the owner of Alexander Du'bel Group Ltd, must be a multi millionaire...
Last edited by Pondfield Dagger on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Told you Batt was a waste of time after Morecambe and was told I was being harsh.
That Callum Lancaster went into play in a Premier League who remembers that free kick at Tranmere.
As to the worst Player I am amazed that the current Goalkeeper has not made the short list.
I remember that free kick, only thing I can remember him doing, and he did it badly.
ARNU

Porter most be up there for being biggest tosser and having a major personality flaw but he could play a bit so on footballing ability alone Id say he wasn't the worst by a long way.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

Miles played 1 game and was at fault for 4 goals.

Jamie Day was at fault for 3 goals on debut.

Batt ain't great, but he's not as terrible as those. I'd have to say Fenelon is worse than Batt: at least does some defending and attacking well during a game, whereas Fenelon is hapless from start to finish. His career stats are 37 appearances for just 3 goals.
Last edited by Alan on Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Told you Batt was a waste of time after Morecambe and was told I was being harsh.
And despite all the shit signings and performances you still back the manager, bizarre.
Masked Man

LEON BRAITHWAITE.... :shock: