Worst Daggers player in 10 years.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Leon wasn't within the last 10 years.
SteveW

I'll see your Leon Braithewaite and raise you a Lenny Piper.
Alan

Also not in the last 10 years.

If we are going back more than 10 years, I will have the midfield pairing of Kirk Game and Mitchell Springett please.
Masked Man

Alan wrote:Leon wasn't within the last 10 years.
Damn technicalities!! :lol:
Masked Man

SteveW wrote:I'll see your Leon Braithewaite and raise you a Lenny Piper.
Lenny never really got a go did he?

He had the weightier reputation of the brothers but only Chris got a solid run, and he indeed was right up there with Leon!! :lol:
SteveW

Alan wrote:Also not in the last 10 years.

If we are going back more than 10 years, I will have the midfield pairing of Kirk Game and Mitchell Springett please.
Mitchell Springett !! Fans today just don't realise how lucky they are never having watched him stroll (literally) around the pitch.
SteveW

Masked Man wrote:
SteveW wrote:I'll see your Leon Braithewaite and raise you a Lenny Piper.
Lenny never really got a go did he?

He had the weightier reputation of the brothers but only Chris got a solid run, and he indeed was right up there with Leon!! :lol:
I think the weightier bit was his problem :-)
We had some right shite that year, Alex "fall down" Meechan too.
Masked Man

But they all looked class and had non league pedigree until they got to us, then they looked a bunch of Turkeys!!

I was genuinely excited that year, we'd raided a few clubs and shown a bit of ambition!

But oh how horribly wrong it went... :roll:
dagger4eva

Is it harsh to include Jack Connors in this growing list of rejects?

I believe the fact he is still kind of young and came through our acadamy has cut Jack more slack than is warranted.

If we'd of signed him from another club and looked repeatedly so out of depth to this level he'd of been in for an almost constant slaughtering (a la Damien Batt)

The fact he was bombed out once by KOKO - brought back in at the post Christmas point of desperation and bombed out once again tells you all you need to know!
TommyD&R

I know he wasn't really a bad player but Tomlin deserves a mention. Anyone remember that corner at Bath when he managed to kick the flag and the ball dribbled out of play? And have we mentioned Marvin Morgan yet?
Mark

The best part about Springett was his brother in the crowd who used to praise him enthusiastically every time he even went near the ball. Needless to say he didn't like our opinions very much.
Mark

dagger4eva wrote:Is it harsh to include Jack Connors in this growing list of rejects?

I believe the fact he is still kind of young and came through our acadamy has cut Jack more slack than is warranted.

If we'd of signed him from another club and looked repeatedly so out of depth to this level he'd of been in for an almost constant slaughtering (a la Damien Batt)

The fact he was bombed out once by KOKO - brought back in at the post Christmas point of desperation and bombed out once again tells you all you need to know!
Don't be silly! He's clearly better than Femi! Oh.
Mikins

I think at this point we could put up a "Worst 11"

Miles
Batt Rose Exodus the donkey, Fat Ifil
Day Abdulla Lewis Tomlin
Morgan Akinde

Honourless mentions for: Gwillem, Nana ofori Twumasi, George Porter, Phil Walsh (as a defender he was terrifyingly bad) and almost anyone under the age of 20 signed as a striker who barely played 20 minutes of football combined.
Sorry about your damn luck!
DaggerJoel11

A
Last edited by DaggerJoel11 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
bearaab

Mikins wrote:I think at this point we could put up a "Worst 11"

Miles
Batt Rose Exodus the donkey, Fat Ifil
Day Abdulla Lewis Tomlin
Morgan Akinde

Honourless mentions for: Gwillem, Nana ofori Twumasi, George Porter, Phil Walsh (as a defender he was terrifyingly bad) and almost anyone under the age of 20 signed as a striker who barely played 20 minutes of football combined.
Day right wing? Didn't think Rose was that bad...I am Richard Rose.