Daggers strikers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

We've obviously had some prolific ones through the years. From memory and most notably, Paul Cobb in the Ryman years. Mark Stein in the conference. Paul Benson in League 2 & Super Bas Savage in League 1 ... (ok scrap the last bit)

But how does Jamie Cueton compare against all these names?
Especially when considering the man is THIRTY-NINE years of age, he still continually causes havoc against opposition teams, often out thinking AND out pacing them!

So for me, he has to be pretty close to topping the lot.
Based on current form and fitness I think its absolutely vital he is offered a new contract for next season ... vital!!!
mickeyblue

Give him freedom of the borough
but we finished 9th!
Mike the Dagger

Cavell, Cobby, Stein, Benson. CMS, Cureton... all great strikers at the level they play(ed) at.

And the greatest of them all is Paul Benson IMHO, closely followed by Mark Stein and Jamie.

We have had a few stinkers too though ;)
Mikins

Funny thing is the others were good in their leagues either early in their career or at the peak, Cureton is probably still a lg.1 quality striker at 39. I think if he wanted to stay on next season we should jump at it.
Sorry about your damn luck!
Lcbdagger

Mikins wrote:Funny thing is the others were good in their leagues either early in their career or at the peak, Cureton is probably still a lg.1 quality striker at 39. I think if he wanted to stay on next season we should jump at it.
Our formation wouldn't suit it obviously but a team with this year's Cureton and the non-league Stein we had would tear league two to pieces despite having a joint age of about 110!
ARNU

I imagine being a prolific scorer in a poor team has got to be a quality to be taken into consideration.Cureton for me.Loved Benno but |id say he had 100% workaholics around him most of the time.Jamie does it even with a fare few shirkers around.

Goals per game I suppose would statistically give you a good answer as to who is actually the best.Aint got time right now but would nt be surprised if Benno got it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !