Give it a rest.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Around Christmas we were odds on for the drop, playing crap football, had crap players and the manager was about as popular as an outbreak of ebola. Yet now half way through march we sit 15th in the league after arguably our best performance of the season and some fans last night were still slating the team! Ffs we made a good side look very ordinary we played them off the park and let them off lightly with just the two goals and yet still the sniping continued. We've all done it at some point and feel most agrieved at parting with our hard earned just to be served up shite, but to continue it when we've played well is beyond a joke. It really does affect the team and plays right in to the oppositions hands. They see an individual having a poor match and play on it, we'd do the same, it works a treat and filters through the whole team. If people want to have a pop then have a go at their players, make them feel like shite instead of our own. We are what we are a very small fish in a very big pond. The comments made about batt coming on last night were ridiculous, but if he should play some small part at stevenage on saturday he'll get my full support as will all the others who wear our colours regardless.
Lcbdagger

stanton101 wrote:Around Christmas we were odds on for the drop, playing crap football, had crap players and the manager was about as popular as an outbreak of ebola. Yet now half way through march we sit 15th in the league after arguably our best performance of the season and some fans last night were still slating the team! Ffs we made a good side look very ordinary we played them off the park and let them off lightly with just the two goals and yet still the sniping continued. We've all done it at some point and feel most agrieved at parting with our hard earned just to be served up shite, but to continue it when we've played well is beyond a joke. It really does affect the team and plays right in to the oppositions hands. They see an individual having a poor match and play on it, we'd do the same, it works a treat and filters through the whole team. If people want to have a pop then have a go at their players, make them feel like shite instead of our own. We are what we are a very small fish in a very big pond. The comments made about batt coming on last night were ridiculous, but if he should play some small part at stevenage on saturday he'll get my full support as will all the others who wear our colours regardless.
Largely agree but I think think the lack of Batt in the starting XI is a coincidence when allied to a decent defensive performance and a midfield that isn't constantly put under pressure by long aimless balls from the back to nobody... plus we didn't give away a nonsense handball penalty yesterday
Mikins

Its a good concept but people won't get behind a bad player no matter what colours he's wearing, and as the season has gone on he's proven to be more of a liabilty than connors, and we signed someone to replace him already... the fact that even the gaffer says abs doesnt want to be at right back shows he knows Batt isnt good enough and that almost out of contract or not, Abu puts everything into the game. personally I'm not booing the guy, but you have to accept people are still going to whilst still supporting the team as a whole.
Sorry about your damn luck!
Mark

Also the bare minimum is work ethic which certain players fail to meet.
ARNU

Batt oozes "Don't give a ******" as much as Abu Ogogo oozes "Total commitment".Add to that hes clumsy and sods about too much and hes the worst player Ive seen over there in my entire life then you might be able to get some indication of dis satisfaction for our alledgedly highest paid player.This is Burnetts doing and is on par with the mistake of signing his old mate Chris Dickson who was also ******** shit ! Not getting your mates in free,not signing your old footy chums despite their inability and not having a pop at fans when you are clearly void of any clue are still on Burnett's "to fix" list if he wants to regain my total respect.Id get rid of Batt and give his money to Jamie Cureton who has clearly saved Burnetts arse.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

All very valid comments, the batt comment was just an example. I think the bloke is genuinely scared stiff of the ball for fear of fycking things up, his confidence is shot to bits. The thing that really pisses me off was the fact that we played really well last night and sone people were still pissed off with our performance. Every one played their part last night and we embarrassed plymouth, what more could have been done.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Supporters will put up with a lot but when they see what they perceive as a lack of effort they will not tolerate it. The Player in question attitude and desire was questioned by me after the first game of season and I was slated by many for expressing it . He has got worse and in a season when the Manager has been insulted and abused at every given opportunity I don't see why Players should escape the same treatment
DI Mike Dashwood

The trouble is on here, and at games, and in peoples views, is there is no middle ground, everything is one or the other.

First half last night, I didn't enjoy. I thought our play was slow, we looked lethargic, we went back rather than forward to many times. A number in the crowd appeared to think the same (the reaction to the 22nd back pass to the keeper was not positive). However, second half the Team came out, upped the pace, got in their faces more and showed more urgency and sharpness going forward. The crowd responded to this, most people enjoyed it (I did).

We were not though Barcelona and we were not the Ship and Shovel. It seems on here you have to think we are one or the other.

Even Sussex is at it. Four weeks ago Wayne was the next Alex Ferguson, then after a couple of games he was Dave Cusack and then after a couple of wins we should all hail him as the next Alf Ramsey. I wish people would have a bit of perspective.

It's like the Batt thing. Everyone on here is making him sound like he goes out robbing old ladies and that he is at fault for Third World Debt. Booking the bloke is bad form in my book, very West Ham as I say.
dagger4eva

stanton101 wrote:All very valid comments, the batt comment was just an example. I think the bloke is genuinely scared stiff of the ball for fear of fycking things up, his confidence is shot to bits. The thing that really pisses me off was the fact that we played really well last night and sone people were still pissed off with our performance. Every one played their part last night and we embarrassed plymouth, what more could have been done.
Not quite sure where you are getting this from...

I'm yet to see a single negative comment on either here or social media following yesterday's win and neither did I hear of any dissatisfaction at the ground itself yesterday.

I was bored to tears after the 1st 20 minutes but thereafter probably the only fault I could find in the performance (if I really had to be picky) was that we need to learn when to passback to the GK. We do it far too many times for my liking these days, and it doesnt help when the pitch is as bobbly as our was yesterday.

I didn't boo Batt yesterday, neither do I think it was acceptable to BUT I can see why some people might have.
As mentioned by Arnu, he is the absolute opposite in terms of work ethic and overall quality than that given by Ogogo.
My opinion is that he really cant be arsed with football anymore - probably the main reason he packed up playing full time in the 1st place and his mind is probably more focused on his business.
I've got no problem with that as such but if it is the case I should hope he will be willing to rip up his contract in the summer and let us sign a replacement that DOES want to focus on their football
Lcbdagger

only player I got annoyed with yesterday was Hemmings as the guy is soooo talented but is infuriating to watch in front of goal... should have 5 to 10 more goals this season than he currently has with the chances he gets.
DaggerSince92

The sooner people realise that the majority of these back passes are when the back 4 has no other option the better, normally it's either pass it back to the keeper or run a major risk of losing the ball in a dangerous area. When we get pressed high up the pitch, we are forced into doing this rather than choosing to do it.

I think the problem sometimes comes from Boucaud or Bingham not showing for the full back/centre half. At times the pass back to the keeper is needless yes, but berating every single pass back is such a narrow minded thing to do.
DI Mike Dashwood

It is, but it is over done. The thing is, player 40 yards from own goal can knock ball down line into corner where oppo will sometimes head/lick off for throw or corner or mis-control under pressure from one of our forwards. Player 40 yards from own goal can roll ball to keeper where he runs risk of it bobbling over him, may slice ball in air or whack it cleanly down the middle back to the halfway line where oppo will often re-gain possesion and territory.
ARNU

stanton101 wrote:All very valid comments, the batt comment was just an example. I think the bloke is genuinely scared stiff of the ball for fear of fycking things up, his confidence is shot to bits. The thing that really pisses me off was the fact that we played really well last night and sone people were still pissed off with our performance. Every one played their part last night and we embarrassed plymouth, what more could have been done.
I was ecstatic about the win.Clapped and cheered them all off and even yelled out "Well done Wayne" at the end to him.I saw total commitment from all who played and although a bit fed up with 5 million back passes in the 1st half totally accept that the other team cant score if we have the ball.I heard some rather pissed off members in the crowd and did think it was a bit strong at times but they pays their money too.As for Batt....If Im to be totally fair....probably a hangover from his ****** up v Southend Saturday but from what ive seen of him he does give the ball away a lot and has convinced me he should not get a start anymore.The mistakes he makes are exactly the same ones he was making at the seasons start.You see Abs,Bingham,Cureton,Howell and Doey bleeding from their eyeballs win or lose, you don't see a bead of sweat on Batts forehead.Same as the manager...tell 'em when its good and tell 'em when its bad.
DI Mike Dashwood

Arnu,

Do you still stand by all the criticism you dished out to the Manager and his staff earlier in the season??
ARNU

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Arnu,

Do you still stand by all the criticism you dished out to the Manager and his staff earlier in the season??
Well I don't know what criticism you are attributing to me specifically but Yes absolutely.

I have been pleased to see WB get stuck in and sort it all out rather than just wither and die but Im absolutely sure the criticism at the time was justified.I wasn't the first to turn against him and I certainly never called him any unsavoury names either on here or at a game.I would definitely have sacked him after Southport and put Currie in charge though Id already had enough of him after the Boxing Day fiasco against Stevenage.I was his biggest fan you may remember,he mugged himself off in that interview so Im not really sure if I or any of us can take the blame for the criticism he rightly deserved.But of late he has redeemed himself and I've said on here and to him just last night how well I thought he'd done.I believe in saying what you see.I did see utter shit and of late I see good things.Long may it continue.

I certainly don't think we would replace him with anyone much worse and have grown to accept we are a bottom 7 team whoever the boss or playing staff are.

I think he deserves another contract equally if he goes Im not sure it would be such a big deal.