AwayDays - 2014/15

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

What's been the best this year? Just wanna know as ill try to accomodate that next year. I personally enjoyed Tranmere and love visiting ScumEnd United.Just wanted to knkw what grounds people on here like and for what reasons?
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
DI Mike Dashwood

Tranmere. My favourite away trip for 3 or 4 years for loads of reasons.

I only do 5 or 6 aways now, rather than 15 or 16 like we used to, but Tranmere was up there with my favourite ever.
NickMurphy

Big fan of Hartlepool as an away day personally - we stayed the night this year on the Tuesday and to get the win as well topped it off nicely. Good range of pubs, decent away stand and a more than reasonable price given the distance, would be a shame if we lost them to relegation.

Also really like Cheltenham, although I didn't make it this year. But yeah, they're probably my favourite two out of the grounds in League Two.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Accrington Stanley is the one I look forward to most. Great Club ,Great People who are like us always facing an uphill battle but never forget how important the paying customer is. Just wish they do something about them lights.

Hartlepool is also good and with York and Morecambe are the ones I look forward to. Carlisle may also be added to this list
ARNU

I only do the locals and the important ones so aint really done many aways this year.Southend is always fun.Arnu junior has been to every game home and away accept Accy this season cos we were in Spain.Actually missed the 1st half v Newport cos of baggage delay at Gatwick coming back but that's another story.I would say he was most pleased at the Hartlepool away win on a Tuesday night cos work gave him the day off to go.If the world had an Arse it would be Kenilworth Road Luton.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

What's Stevenage like? Never been before but I'm working nearby this week so going to head down.
hockley dagger

York - went first class (sorry Sussex) took the lad and Mrs Hockley. Met with our former neighbours from Pudsey and my old mate from Hexham (the same place as the Geordie Daggers come from). Several pints, Daggers win and came home in style. I hope York survive so we can do it again next year. Looking forward to Carlisle
DI Mike Dashwood

So for most people most of the good away days are those teams near the bottom it would appear!!!

Lets hope Oxford and Mansfield don't win another game this season then!!!
stanton101

Tranmere as I have family up there and win lose or draw I'm invariably legless afterwards. :D
The Romford Dagger

Don't do aways but going Exeter away as my last daggers game as a season ticket holder before I become an ipswich season ticket holder.

Will get to the odd game next year but planned To do 10 ipswich aways as well.

Anyway point is.. What is Exeter actually like as an away?
Dagger83

The Romford Dagger wrote:Don't do aways but going Exeter away as my last daggers game as a season ticket holder before I become an ipswich season ticket holder.
I can't believe you haven't told us this before now...
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
The Romford Dagger

Dagger83 wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:Don't do aways but going Exeter away as my last daggers game as a season ticket holder before I become an ipswich season ticket holder.
In fairness I probably have yeah. Can't keep a track of what I say on this forum if I'm honest.

Anyways what's exeter like?
Diggerthedog

The Romford Dagger wrote:
Dagger83 wrote:
In fairness I probably have yeah. Can't keep a track of what I say on this forum if I'm honest.

Anyways what's exeter like?
Exeter is a good one, thinking about the weekender option or just the train day, can't decide.
hockley dagger

I don't know what Exeter's like but got rail tickets for me and the lad sorted out. Also off to Newport. Giving Stevenage a miss - going to see my mum and dad and then on to AFC Sudbury v Chatham Town. I like the long range away days by train. It's been a good way of showing my lad around the country a bit. A lot of people have said good things about Accrington so I'm making every effort to go next year. I'm now very confident we'll stay up.
The Romford Dagger

hockley dagger wrote:I don't know what Exeter's like but got rail tickets for me and the lad sorted out. Also off to Newport. Giving Stevenage a miss - going to see my mum and dad and then on to AFC Sudbury v Chatham Town. I like the long range away days by train. It's been a good way of showing my lad around the country a bit. A lot of people have said good things about Accrington so I'm making every effort to go next year. I'm now very confident we'll stay up.

Should be a good party atmosphere after another season of safety guaranteed. Getting car down there. Absolute trek but should be a good laugh.