AwayDays - 2014/15

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SteveW

Not so many good away days in this division anymore.
This season though I did enjoy....
Tranmere (a must for a weekender next year if they stay up).
Portsmouth (had a great day drinking round the harbour and a good few beers afterwards).
Didn't go this year but Hartlepool is a good trip (but stay in Newcastle).
matt_drfc

The Romford Dagger wrote:Don't do aways but going Exeter away as my last daggers game as a season ticket holder before I become an ipswich season ticket holder.

Will get to the odd game next year but planned To do 10 ipswich aways as well.

Anyway point is.. What is Exeter actually like as an away?
Surprising, you seem like Dagenham's #1 fan on here
matt_drfc

Stevenage, Carlisle and Exeter train tickets bought, few of us going so should be a decent end to the season.
The Romford Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:Don't do aways but going Exeter away as my last daggers game as a season ticket holder before I become an ipswich season ticket holder.

When have I ever said I'm one of Daggers number one fan? Never said that once..
matt_drfc

The Romford Dagger wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:

When have I ever said I'm one of Daggers number one fan? Never said that once..
Seriously, only the #1 fan is allowed to get people together to sing.
The Romford Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:

When have I ever said I'm one of Daggers number one fan? Never said that once..[/quote]

Seriously, only the #1 fan is allowed to get people together to sing.[/quote]

Oh right yes the TBS idea. Not really fair that your using that against me when I tried to do something for the good of the club. Didn't think it was right to moan about atmosphere without actively attempting to do something about it.

Doesn't mean I'm any better as a fan even if saying sarcastically. No need to use it against me is it?
matt_drfc

Christ. Chill out. Please understand that almost everything said on here is a wind up. Don't take it to heart. Even Woodford was having you on with his imaginary firm, pretty sure everyone could work that out.
DI Mike Dashwood

Exeter is a good trip for whoever asked. Always a good laugh down there, a few good pubs in town and near the ground and the Supporters Club at the ground (The Corner Flag is it??) is always very welcoming for away fans and serves up a good pint and a pie and normally has a big screen up for the lunchtime game. Had a few good trips down there on the train, including a great journey back with Wally and Bill and the Halfway Line Boys in 2012.

Carlisle is good trip but a real long day on the train.
The Romford Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:Christ. Chill out. Please understand that almost everything said on here is a wind up. Don't take it to heart. Even Woodford was having you on with his imaginary firm, pretty sure everyone could work that out.

I know its a wind up what your saying? Still gonna offer a defence tho...

And with Woodford I've seen (and not commented) him mention his firm before. Don't believe dagenham have a firm but still reckon hes thrown a punch at footy or done something in his time just by the way he spoke. And he was saying I weren't even there so he 'started it' if you must.

This forum is Definetely about 75% sarcasm...
NickMurphy

And with Woodford I've seen (and not commented) him mention his firm before. Don't believe dagenham have a firm but still reckon hes thrown a punch at footy or done something in his time just by the way he spoke.
Think you might be over-estimating how old Woodford is.

As for Exeter, only been once in 2013 but I really enjoyed it - helped in part due to the cracking weather on the open terrace and the fact we won, which rarely happens when we play there. Great beer garden they have outside the ground as well, got it for a shade over £20 return from Waterloo on the final day this season so it's one to look forward to! Along with Carlisle which was £20 return as well, lovely stuff.
matt_drfc

matt_drfc wrote:Christ. Chill out. Please understand that almost everything said on here is a wind up. Don't take it to heart. Even Woodford was having you on with his imaginary firm, pretty sure everyone could work that out.

And with Woodford I've seen (and not commented) him mention his firm before. Don't believe dagenham have a firm but still reckon hes thrown a punch at footy or done something in his time just by the way he spoke. And he was saying I weren't even there so he 'started it' if you must.

You don't get all defensive if you know it's a wind up. You either play along or laugh it off. You clearly take it seriously.

Woodford has never thrown a punch at football. Him saying you weren't there, of course he 'started it', HE IS WINDING YOU UP. LOOKING FOR A BITE, A REACTION.

You're almost certainly in the 25% minority.
Dagdale

I love nearly all the away days with Daggers with the exception of Oxford away & Wycombe (stuck out there in the wilds) and Northampton (mainly because we never do anything here) and pretty much detest Luton's ground and city along with Rodney Parade's Newport County but will still go next month. Mansfield is great for proximity from rail station to ground and Sandy Pate bar is friendly enough but far away from top list. Favorites, well the real English city of York (although the ground's a bit two bob) , Accrington also a bad ground but excellent cheap boozers (£1.64 high strength lager) and the town like Bury has a good market, Absolutely loved Plymouth's Fancast before the game in December and real great set of guys in there, would recommend it highly. Exeter pretty good seemed to care about the fans. Tranny & Hartlepool excellent for stopovers and can do Scouseland and Marina (Pools). Carlisle really looking forward too as so long ago there and hear its a good crack, and love an early start, and finally with reply to Bearaab, although never seen the daggers there I must be closest one to Stevenage (About 15 minutes away by train) and its worth the trek mate, a 30 minute ride from Kings Cross or Finsbury Park can go direct, arrival at the station the back you have the leisure park with eateries, bowling alley/pub over the bridge town centre a Weatherspoon just to the right but 10 minutes walk to the left the Old town is better as more decent boozers although further away from the ground is not far by cab, probably bus it, the ground is about 20 minutes walk up the dual carriageway past Adsa and Monkswood first then Roaring Meg second retail Parks and on the Roundabout opposite you'd see high trees and Broadhall (Now Lamex Stadium) is behind them. Stevenage is London overspill new town like your Basildon's etc and most living there has history of London life moved out to the 'shires' after the war and later, and mainly Gooner and Spuds and relocated because of good services to London. Good club bar at ground I hear but if you walk past ground down slope past Tesco another booze/ hotel called the Roebuck which isn't too bad. Just hope as its not too far we have a great following cause some of the games we've been playing lately we deserve it!
SteveW

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Exeter is a good trip for whoever asked. Always a good laugh down there, a few good pubs in town and near the ground and the Supporters Club at the ground (The Corner Flag is it??) is always very welcoming for away fans and serves up a good pint and a pie and normally has a big screen up for the lunchtime game. Had a few good trips down there on the train, including a great journey back with Wally and Bill and the Halfway Line Boys in 2012.

Carlisle is good trip but a real long day on the train.
Haha stood up in the buffet car all the way back. That was a great laugh, chillis, cold beans, pickled onions and beer what a mix.
SteveW

Not a fan of Satanage at all. Drink in London late train up then straight back to the smoke after the game.
The Romford Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:

You don't get all defensive if you know it's a wind up. You either play along or laugh it off. You clearly take it seriously.

Woodford has never thrown a punch at football. Him saying you weren't there, of course he 'started it', HE IS WINDING YOU UP. LOOKING FOR A BITE, A REACTION.

You're almost certainly in the 25% minority.
Alright I'll admit it. I got the wrong end of the stick. I'll Put it down to a lack of inexperience and move on I think. My bad!

Sounds similar to Wayne's infamous 18 minute interview.