Could WB be on his way.....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Phippo

Auntie Merge wrote:If he stays I can see Season ticket sales being at their lowest point for a long time.
If he goes it might encourage people to renew.
We all talk about the football being dull, dire and boring. About some of the players looking like they are going through the motions, just enough to get paid. There is no team spirit.
This won't change if his contract gets renewed. And definitely do NOT renew for 2 years.
He is out of his depth. The interviews show that more than anything.

And look how many leads we have thrown away? Whatever he was saying at half time destroyed the team.

Nothing will change if he stays.
If he goes we may get the "home" dugout back Auntie! :D
Adrian

shoreyda2nd wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:Im sure Wilkinson asked to be transfer listed because he 'wanted a new challenge' .....
Also let's not forget that Wilkinson was shocking whenever he played last season. He wanted to leave and was proving to be no use whatsoever. Can't go blaming Wayne for that one!
I think Wayne can definitely be blamed for Wilkinson going. He doesn't seem to be the only player that didn't want to play for Burnett. As for him being poor, he was being played on the wrong side and was playing with Saah, who has managed to make every other defender he's played for with us struggle. I don't believe for a second that had he got a decent run alongside Doe that he's have been poor.
Richie

I'd offer him a new deal personally
Auntie Merge

Phippo wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:If he stays I can see Season ticket sales being at their lowest point for a long time.
If he goes it might encourage people to renew.
We all talk about the football being dull, dire and boring. About some of the players looking like they are going through the motions, just enough to get paid. There is no team spirit.
This won't change if his contract gets renewed. And definitely do NOT renew for 2 years.
He is out of his depth. The interviews show that more than anything.

And look how many leads we have thrown away? Whatever he was saying at half time destroyed the team.

Nothing will change if he stays.
If he goes we may get the "home" dugout back Auntie! :D
That is my hope. If he goes I will probably renew my ST and hope that the next manager puts the home dugout back in front of the home fans where he can feel part of the club.
IanC

Stay at home with your cakes then!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:
shoreyda2nd wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:Im sure Wilkinson asked to be transfer listed because he 'wanted a new challenge' .....
Also let's not forget that Wilkinson was shocking whenever he played last season. He wanted to leave and was proving to be no use whatsoever. Can't go blaming Wayne for that one!
I think Wayne can definitely be blamed for Wilkinson going. He doesn't seem to be the only player that didn't want to play for Burnett. As for him being poor, he was being played on the wrong side and was playing with Saah, who has managed to make every other defender he's played for with us struggle. I don't believe for a second that had he got a decent run alongside Doe that he's have been poor.
But he did get a good run the season before and we survived relegation by goal difference.
Last year we played Doe and Saah the majority of season and finished 9th.

It would be fair to say that both had good first seasons but for some reason or another both lost their way in the second season. Always surprised me the Still took Wilkinson but left Doe here.
Auntie Merge

IanC wrote:Stay at home with your cakes then!

Hello Wayne.
IanC

Hi Suz
bloke down the pub

Has he gone yet ?
redboy

I could drone on all day about his failings, but we have to look to the future. Do we want another 2 seasons of him? Rather than sack him, the board are now in a great position to say thanks Wayne, we'll give you a reference but we're not renewing your contract. Everybody walks away with their head held high. Then we can see what ambition this club really has. I fear that we could easily lose players like Abs, Billy B and Doey in the summer and WB is not someone I would trust in building a team.
lupins

Sometimes hard to know how to truly judge someone when you know they have not got all the tools at their disposal to compete on a semi reasonable playing field.
That said some of the comments on hear suggest clearly to me some kind of personal issue
Won't renew season ticket if he is here - really makes no sense
No team spirit - on what evidence other than not the obvious top of the league stuff. Funny that the happiest teams seem to be those at the top
The dugouts - unbelievable someone is really bothered
A supporter going to go to Hornchurch because it will be better - really -
I could go on
SUSSEX DAGGER

Of course it's personal must be, before Christmas it was all about it being a results business and since results have improved the poor bloke still can't do right for wrong.

I don't care where the Manager sits,don't even care if he is not even there. Did you see that post the other week after Burton when he was acussed by one poster of slinking in the dug out. The bloke was not even in the borough.

Don't care if is not going to ever appear on Michael Parkinson.

All I care about is results and how we go about getting those results.

Since Christmas he has done that,so frankly I don't give a tinkers curse .

Was miss directed the other day to the old forum even see Vindelot has packed up speakng to an empty room.
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bearaab

We should let him go and get another inexperienced manager in for 2 years so he can learn his trade and we can berate him.

I say keep him on. His made mistakes but who hasn't?
matt_drfc

Managers, just like with players, we can't afford the finished product. He's learning, just like most of the team. I believe he will have learnt a hell of a lot from this season, he has his ideologies on how to play the game, but he'll know now that's just not possible in all 46 games. He'll hopefully have learnt what players we need in this league and for this club.

No secret I'm a fan of his, not always to the lengths of Sussex, but I've said all season long, I don't WANT him to go but if he was to go, I couldn't argue. The home form has improved, results generally have picked up and overall, it's not really that bad is it? Give the man a new contract.
Mike the Dagger

It's not personal at all, I've never spoken to the man (unlike his three predecessors).

I just don't enjoy watching his football team play much. At least we are winning a few home games recently, and the back to basics style in excused given the dire place we were in around the turn of the year.

The period from his ill advised public rant at the team after beating Wycombe up to the last few games were bloody awful though, with a very few exceptions.

Given a clean sheet to start next seaaon with, I can't see Burnett having any clue how to play with a bit of style and character at Victoria Road based on what has gone before.

So If he stays in charge I will seriously consider not renewing my season ticket and picking the games I want to attend on an ad hoc basis.

Opinions are like a'holes and that is mine.